PDA

View Full Version : How much you would pay for spellpooll?

With a box
2015-06-10, 10:08 AM
1.buy a permition for use it form MoAO. (X gold per month)
2. build one with your mage guild's budget.
Should it be cheaper then a runestaff that contains every phb spells?

Flickerdart
2015-06-10, 10:18 AM
Permission isn't going to help you - accessing spells from a spellpool is a supernatural ability acquired from the class and not just something anyone can do.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-10, 11:28 AM
Permission isn't going to help you - accessing spells from a spellpool is a supernatural ability acquired from the class and not just something anyone can do.
Agreed. I am a little confused by the OP.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-06-10, 11:45 AM
The best I can think of is hiring a MotAO to cast a spell for you from the spell pool. RAW it is no more expensive than any other spell, but you will have a lot easier time finding it.

Psyren
2015-06-10, 03:50 PM
The best I can think of is hiring a MotAO to cast a spell for you from the spell pool. RAW it is no more expensive than any other spell, but you will have a lot easier time finding it.

Actually it would cost at least twice as much - the cost of the spell they cast for you, and the cost of the spell slot they would need to return to the pool later to repay the spelldebt they incurred on your behalf. The Arcane Order themselves likely have a surcharge as well, or the mage himself might, to cover his dues and tuition for that month.

atemu1234
2015-06-10, 04:07 PM
Actually it would cost at least twice as much - the cost of the spell they cast for you, and the cost of the spell slot they would need to return to the pool later to repay the spelldebt they incurred on your behalf. The Arcane Order themselves likely have a surcharge as well, or the mage himself might, to cover his dues and tuition for that month.

Roughly 2.5x the spell level x50, +5x XP cost gp? Or is it 100 per spell level for it? I always forget.