PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Suggest a dungeon or temple module to run (any edition).

Oryan77
2015-06-10, 12:17 PM
I'm running a quest that involves the PCs finding a powerful long lost rod. I'd like this rod to be placed in some sort of interesting location that most likely is guarded by traps/magic (like a dungeon). I was going to to run the Whispering Cairn adventure, but the PCs will be around level 10-12 and I would have to increase the encounters quite a bit.

I'm looking for suggestions on modules to run for this scenario that take place in a dungeon or temple, or some other interesting environment where a McGuffin might be found. The edition doesn't matter because I don't mind converting. Level isn't important either, but the closer to a 3.5 party of 10-12 PCs would help.

I'm just looking for something that fits this criteria that people may have played and really enjoyed. Thanks!

Baldin
2015-06-12, 09:56 AM
Maybe the "Lost caverns of Tsojcanth" are someyhing for you. If you Google it you will find lots of information about it.

ksbsnowowl
2015-06-12, 12:13 PM
Level isn't important either, but the closer to a 3.5 party of 10-12 PCs would help.
I'm assuming you mean a 10th - 12th level party, not that you have a dozen players in your D&D group...

There was a third party adventure written by Monte Cook back in 3.0 called Beyond the Veil, by Penumbra Press. I think you can buy a PDF of it for like $5 online. It has an interesting adventuring location. The BBEG is a ghost black dragon, and the PC's have to go fight him in his ethereal solid palace made of solidified acid on the Ethereal Plane.

The adventure is designed for a party of "9th level and above."

You'll have to restat the BBEG dragon anyway (skill and feat changes in 3.5), so you could easily make him tougher for a higher level group. I'm actually planning on running it when my 9th level PC's get to around 12th level (but mixed with The Heart of Nightfang Spire), so I've already done some tinkering on statting out a bigger version of the ghost black dragon. I can share, if you want to go that route.

Segev
2015-06-12, 04:32 PM
I've always been fond of White Plume Mountain; it has three "branches" with different themes, and the rod could be kept in any of them.

Undermountain has several modules about it; it's BIG and there are plenty of power-players who could be "hosting" the rod in question.

ksbsnowowl
2015-06-12, 05:13 PM
The Lost City of Barakus also has a decently-sized dungeon in it. IIRC, it is pegged for levels 1 – 5, though.