PDA

View Full Version : If you could only play one game per system for the rest of your life...

danzibr
2015-06-10, 07:29 PM
Suppose, for some sick and twisted reason, you had to choose one game per system, and could only play those games for the rest of your life (until more systems came out). What would you choose? Perhaps your favorite games, but perhaps not. Probably well-liked, long games with high replay value. For me, I'd say...

NES: River City Ransom. Love the hell out of this game. Great two-player fun!
Sega Genesis: Phantasy Star IV. Decent replay value. Can't think of anything better.
SNES: Tough one. Probably Chrono Trigger. FFV may have more replay value, FFVI I might like a bit more, but I'm leaning toward Chrono Trigger. Hmm.
PSX: FFVII. Favorite game ever (if only for nostalgia), can't not pick it.
N64: I actually never had one. I played Ocarina of Time on GC. Probably go with that.
PS2: Another tough one. Probably FFX.
GC: Hmm maybe Pikmin 2. Or Tales of Symphonia. Or Super Smash Bros (more on this in a second).
PS3: Probably Metal Gear Solid 4.
Wii: Probably Mario Party, actually. Need a party game!
PS4: Not out yet, but I'd guess FFXV.
Wii U: At the moment, Super Smash Bros. This might be replaced by Xenoblade Chronicles X, in which case I'd go Super Smash Bros on GC.
PC (if this counts): WoW. This one feels a bit cheaty.

I don't own (and likely never will own) any sort of XBox, but if I did, I'd choose a Halo game for one, Fable for another. Or something.

Also, I only included mainstream systems. No like... Sega Nomad or Sega 32X (but feel free to include those).

GolemsVoice
2015-06-12, 03:29 AM
Since I really don't know much about consoles and don't own any, I'd pick WoW for PC as well.

Swiss Voulge
2015-06-12, 09:35 PM
These are loosely in chronological order. Didn't feel the need to double check release dates to check, so sorry if I'm off.

Famicom - Gradius III, for being the only game I know on that system.
N64 - Hard decision, but I'd probably play 1080°. Ocarina of Time is fun, but an objectively better game appears later on my list.
PS2 - I'd also go with FFX.
GC - Wind Waker. Definitely Wind Waker. Custom Robo is a distant second.
Wii - I want to cheat and use reverse compatibility for Mario Party 4, but I'll choose WarioWare: Smooth Moves.
DS - Chrono Trigger, Fantastic soundtrack, beautiful moments, favorite RPG, and improvements from the SNES version.
Xbox 360 - Burnout Takedown, for a racing game, and excitement and action to spice up eternity.
PS3 - Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time. Zany shooter fun and comedy so I can
PS4 - Also not out yet, but Kingdom Hearts III. Words cannot describe the hype.
Wii U - Smash 4, not only an amazing game, but it fills my party game quota, and will have DLC.
PC - I would go with Binding of Isaac Rebirth, but I've already almost achieved Platinum God(Screw you The Lost). Therefore, I choose Civilization V. There's so much stuff to do in simple AI matches, then you add on scenarios and multiplayer, and there's enough to last me two lifetimes.