PDA

View Full Version : Silver Crane vs Black Seraph

LTwerewolf
2015-06-10, 09:50 PM
I have the opportunity to take a warder in a few different directions, and wondering what everyone's opinion on these two schools are. The party consists of currently two level 5 characters I am the merchurion warblade (gets the abilities over time), and a duskling totemist.

KingSmitty
2015-06-11, 07:56 AM
Silver Crane is cool because of the healing and the utility of most maneuvers, though Black Seraph is almost 100% combat oriented, and then there is that evil descriptor for black seraph

LTwerewolf
2015-06-11, 12:53 PM
The alignment requirements won't be an issue.

PsyBomb
2015-06-11, 01:42 PM
It really depends on your other discipline(s). If you have a good utility one, go for Seraph. If you have a good Combat one, go for Crane. i personally prefer Crane between the two, though it's close, due to the utility and party-boosting abilities.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-11, 01:49 PM
It really depends on your other discipline(s). If you have a good utility one, go for Seraph. If you have a good Combat one, go for Crane. i personally prefer Crane between the two, though it's close, due to the utility and party-boosting abilities.

Crane is definitely a stronger discipline from a team-support perspective, and it can also put out some serious damage against certain creature types.

Black Seraph, on the other hand, is really cool, has more generally-applicable damage, and has some pretty sweet debuffs. Also it has a stance called Walk in the Dark; you can't get much cooler than that IMO. But then, I have a very soft spot for dark, somewhat-bird-themed things, so my preference of discipline is probably my bias showing :smalltongue:

So they both have a lot to contribute. Which one to choose comes down to whether you prefer sacred or profane damage, because the +50% damage can mean a lot. If you'll be facing mostly evil enemies, pick Crane, if you'll be facing mostly good enemies, pick Seraph.

Also, PsyBomb, we need you over in Rein of Madness D;

PsyBomb
2015-06-11, 02:18 PM
Be back there soon, probably tonight, once I'm no longer posting from my phone at work :smallbiggrin:

mostholycerebus
2015-06-11, 02:41 PM
To me, Black Seraph seemed a little one-dimensional, basically just damage and Intimidate stuff. Silver Crane also has some damage, and the more applicable Good descriptor, but has some really great party buffs and other utility options.

I wouldnt take Black Seraph unless your GM let Intimidate effects stack, or you are playing Way of the Wicked.

Propagandalf
2015-06-11, 02:49 PM
I'd vote for the Silver Crane. So cool Discipline that one. :smallbiggrin:

LTwerewolf
2015-06-11, 03:07 PM
The other disciplines i'm using are broken blade, iron tortoise, and golden lion. Most of the maneuvers he's taken thus far have been the "no" maneuvers. Prevent their attack, prevent their spell, prevent their attack on someone else, etc. Don't have much in the way of offense personally at the moment.