PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Pimp my Swift Hunter :)

Warrnan
2015-06-10, 10:44 PM
So I've read the handbooks many times and many many forum discussions, and I'm perplexed.

It seems like for my level 7 character, a human Ranger2/scout4/cloistered cleric1 is the best. Gets you travel devotion, extra turning, point blank/precise shot, rapid shot, improved skirmish, knowledge devotion, and swift Hunter all as quickly as possible.

However missing two points of base attack seems like it would make rapid shot and travel devotion sort of a pointless flurry of misses with a total of -4 to hit from those factors somewhat mitigated by knowledge devotion sometimes.

What would be better? Any ideas of what would be optimal for this level 7 build?

Thanks for your time and your help. :) happy adventures!

Snowbluff
2015-06-10, 10:49 PM
For some reason, I end up playing a Greensnake Naga whenever I build a swift hunter.

Flickerdart
2015-06-10, 11:30 PM
Woodland Archer is an excellent feat for a build like that - that +4 after you miss goes a long way towards helping your follow-up attacks hit their mark.

Troacctid
2015-06-10, 11:47 PM
You actually have the same BAB as a single-classed Scout 7. And Cloistered Cleric's lost BAB is made up for by the free Knowledge Devotion, which gives an attack bonus of at least +1 (and likely more)--the real cost there is not so much accuracy as delayed class features.

Warrnan
2015-06-11, 07:16 AM
Good points everyone. Thanks for the ideas.

Now that I've slept on it. This build makes more sense when I factor in my +2 weapon, dex item and point blank shot.

I'll just get my iterative attack at level 8 instead and enjoy a +13/+13 rapid shot and +4d6 skirmish.

Anyone have recommendations for gear beyond what I already have? I think my WBL is 19,000.