PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Items to increase pre-existing fly speeds

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-11, 12:53 AM
I'm looking for some sort of item that will boost the racial fly speed of a character, whether by increasing all movement modes' speeds, by increasing fly speed specifically, or by providing a fly speed that stacks with existing fly speeds. What spell effects (or existing items) are there that do any one of those three things? The only one I know of is haste, which is kind of expensive for a continuous or even use-activated item.

If there aren't any effects or item-viable spells that increase fly speed, what would be a reasonable custom pricing for one that boosted fly speed by, say, 30 feet?

skypse
2015-06-11, 11:03 AM
Strong Wings (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/strong-wings) spell increases the speed by 10 and also increases maneuverability by 1 step. You can get a wand from it for only 750 as it is a first level spell...
It is a Race-specific spell, but it is not really limited in terms of power so any DM would most probably allow it.

Thurbane
2015-06-11, 09:25 PM
The Air Heritage feat boosts innate flying speed. If you specifically need it as an item , see if you can get a custom item that grants the feat. Going rate for feat-granting items is 10,000gp, if I'm not mistaken.

Shalist
2015-06-11, 10:57 PM
A repost of 3.0 / 3.5 speed boosting stuff rather than PF, but maybe there'll be something you find useful:

When applying multipliers to real-world values (such as weight or distance), normal rules of math apply instead...Similarly, a blinded creature attempting to negotiate difficult terrain would count each square as 4 squares (doubling the cost twice, for a total multiplier of ×4), rather than as 3 squares (adding 100% twice).
So speed multipliers are multiplied, rather than added, together.

Psuedonatural for 2x, of course.
Paragon for 3x.
The Horned Helm (AEG pg 133; 38,000g) for 2x speed.
The 'Rapid Wrath' (Ghostwalk; 11,702g) (a carried spear) for another 2x.
Shaundakul's Boots (MoF 165; 6,300g) for another 2x, but only for 5 minutes each day.

'Wind at back' (MoF 134; drd4, pg 134) doubles your non-tactical speed for 24 hours.
'Fly like an arrow' (Dragon Magazine #308; sor/wiz 4, hr/lvl) lets you move at '10 times your normal fly speed,' but...only in a straight line, can't do anything but move, and you had to take a full move the previous round...still awesome though.

You can run for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score, but after that you must make a DC 10 Constitution check to continue running. You must check again each round in which you continue to run, and the DC of this check increases by 1 for each check you have made. When you fail this check, you must stop running.

While wearing boots of the wanderer, you automatically succeed on any Constitution checks required for running or making a forced march (edit: to clarify, these boots allow you to run for hours, effectively increasing your non-tactical speed by 4 or 5x /edit)

Incidentally, the 'Calvaryman's Saddle' (Dmag 334, 8500g) gives its wearer the run and endurance feats.

Alternately, the 'Panther mask (MIC pg 201, 2700g) just gives you 'run'.

Aeriel Alarcity (RoTW, lvl 4 spell, min/lvl) gives +30 (unnamed) to fly speed, and +1 to manueverability.
Cloud Wings (SS 64, spell, lvl 2 spell, min/lvl) gives +30 (unnamed) to fly speed.
Collar of umbral metamorphisis (ToM 156 22,000g) for +10 (unnamed) speed from the 'dark' template.
'Air Heritage' feat (Planar handbook pg 37) for +30 (unnamed) to fly speed
Haste or whatever (slotless horseshoes of speed + UMD?) for +30 (enhancement) to all speeds.
'improved speed' feat for +20 (unnamed) to flying.
Shandukal's boots for +10( unnamed) to all speeds.

-Alter Self: Shift into something faster.
-Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker (MIC, 500g) 'move' as a swift action 1/day.
-Flyby attack (SRD) attack at any point during a move.
-Mobile spell-casting feat (CA 111) Ditto for casting.
-Flyby breath (Dragonlance Campaign Setting ~pg55) Ditto for breathing, except a double-move.
-Strafing breath (DCS) Breath AOE lengthened to 1/2 your fly speed, need to go in a straight line while breathing.

skypse
2015-06-12, 03:04 AM
The Air Heritage feat boosts innate flying speed. If you specifically need it as an item , see if you can get a custom item that grants the feat. Going rate for feat-granting items is 10,000gp, if I'm not mistaken.

Do you have a link for this feat in PF? It sounds really useful for my Griffon Rider :D

Thurbane
2015-06-12, 06:42 AM
It's from the 3.5 Planar Handbook (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/27882/Planar-Handbook-35?it=1) (p.37), but I'm not sure if an equivalent appears anywhere in PF.