PDA

View Full Version : Early Comics

Jazzvader
2007-04-25, 12:28 AM
Hey Giant I've noticed you've been doing the comics earlier lately because i normally get them at 4 in the morning here in Scotland but I've been getting them at 12 instead Can you tell me why that's been?

factotum
2007-04-25, 04:00 AM
The Monday strip was posted early, and the Giant said so...haven't seen any others popping up especially soon.

MinusInnocence
2007-04-25, 07:46 AM
Hey Giant I've noticed you've been doing the comics earlier lately because i normally get them at 4 in the morning here in Scotland but I've been getting them at 12 instead Can you tell me why that's been?Maybe until recently every clock you ever saw and all the clocks seen by anyone you ever asked what time it was were just that many hours off. Maybe this is the Twilight Zone.

RobbyPants
2007-04-27, 07:57 AM
It was that March daylight savings time. :smalltongue:

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-27, 01:02 PM
Hey Giant I've noticed you've been doing the comics earlier lately because i normally get them at 4 in the morning here in Scotland but I've been getting them at 12 instead Can you tell me why that's been?

Some crazy new thing that Yanks brought it where they lose an hour twice a year, I think.

EricDerKonig
2007-04-27, 02:20 PM
Some crazy new thing that Yanks brought it where they lose an hour twice a year, I think.

We advance the clocks an hour in the spring, and repeat an hour in the fall, so it cancels out.

Moral Wiz
2007-04-27, 02:24 PM
I've noticed it too, the last few comics have been croping up notably early, at least for me.

NeonRonin
2007-04-27, 06:55 PM
I noticed that on the two most recent comics; they did show up a bit earlier than usual. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-28, 06:25 AM
We advance the clocks an hour in the spring, and repeat an hour in the fall, so it cancels out.

I was being ironic, we have daylight savings here too. Its just called British Summer time.

Cade Shadow
2007-04-28, 09:34 AM
Maybe he's doing it because he doesn't like the idea of Roy being dead but knows it has to be done for story purposes and wants to get it over with.

Gaelbert
2007-04-28, 01:29 PM
I've noticed it too, the last few comics have been croping up notably early, at least for me.

QFT. I figure that since the comics were important/memorable, they would already be pretty much all the way thought out, so they might be able to be released earlier.

Firestar27
2007-04-29, 04:36 PM
The Giant has said before that he is nocturnal. However, he has been sick recently, even causing him to sleep through the night (and posting the comic the next morning). He has also said that staying up all night causes him to become diurnal (that's non-nocturnal, right?). I would assume that this also happens when he sleeps through the night. He slept through the night, allowing him to wake up earlier (during the day, as opposed to at night), and finish the comic before he now goes to bed (he now goes to bed at night).
This is all just a guess though.

LordBarilzar
2007-04-29, 04:49 PM
I'm thinking of a song here... that's just the way it is... and to change it slightly... and some things will sometimes change?