PDA

View Full Version : New Monroe

JNAProductions
2015-06-11, 05:44 PM
A shining warehouse, one of dozens, empty and forlorn. The business has yet to move in, so at the moment, it's the perfect spot for a group of villains to meet.

The warehouse area itself is on the north edge of the city, not far from the gates to New Monroe. Little activity happens here, criminal or otherwise-everyone is too busy nearer the heart of the city.

Everyone except you.

Metroid33
2015-06-11, 06:15 PM
Victoria
"medusa" forces people to look at her and give them debuffs. eventual death.

Vi had been lying on the floor of the new ware house for the past 30 mins, hands behind her had as a pillow. She wore a pair of red skinny jeans and a black peacoat over a tank top. Her hair currently blonde, Formerly pink but she realized that pink hair stood out a bit much. She sat and waited for the others to show up eyes closed and listening to music on a new Ipod.

Savaxis
2015-06-11, 06:48 PM
Alex~ cape name suggestions welcome
"BLOOD!, i heal with blood, i kill with blood, i am blood.

The sound of footfalls herald the arrival of a small figure rapped in a crimsons cloak, the face was almost completely covered by the cloaks cowl showing only the bottom half of the figures face, the top half however remained eclipsed by darkness with only 4 red slanted eyes glaring out.

Making their way over towards one of the far walls, he leaned back and observed the warehouse, giving of a sence of mystery and caution.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/teentitans/images/8/82/RedRavenRage.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081014002536
The face has a metallic mask with 4 red tilted glass eye holes.

Dienekes
2015-06-11, 07:31 PM
Casus
Power: Whatever you decide to give me when I turn on my power. It may also make me delusional.

Damn this thing is hot, Rob thought as he walked to the warehouse. I know it's useful, but seriously, I should not be sweating already. The man was dressed in his costume, a heavy black and gray armored shirt and pants. Over his face was a metal helmet with only holes for his eyes and some slits for his breath cut out.

He took a moment to put his hand under his mask and wipe the sweat from his eyes and forehead, before sliding it back into position and opening the warehouse doors. Two were already waiting, but at least he wasn't the last to make it. He walked to the others and nodded once as acknowledgement.

Metroid33
2015-06-11, 08:48 PM
Victoria

As the two boys enter their eyes are instantly drawn to Vi as she lies there happy with the world. Realizing that her power was doing something she turned it down to a minimal effect and started looking at them. Standing up she says to the boys "Whats a girl to do? Two fine young lads that can't keep there eyes off me. hmmm". Stretching quickly she pulls out her earbuds and shoves them in her jacket pocket. Then she looks back up with a quizzical look. "Wait were we SUPPOSED to wear our costumes for this? I feel under dressed."

ylvathrall
2015-06-11, 11:30 PM
Michael
Upgrade-Gradually improves the technology level of worn/carried equipment.

Michael showed up almost an hour early for this meeting, but sat down a couple of blocks away on a bench. He's wearing his costume, but he has civilian clothing over it, the same as he's dressed for the past week. With an overlarge hoodie and baggy jeans, and his feet shoved into oversized boots, nothing of the costume is visible. Even his hands are covered in two pairs of gloves.

As he waits, he takes out his phone and starts flipping through screens. Ostensibly he's playing a game, but in reality he's attempting to hack into the surveillance feeds so that he can get a look at the people coming to this meeting without having to actually be there, using a program he designed for the purpose. He's about to meet with some scary people, after all. Caution isn't a bad idea right now.

[roll0] (+1 knowledge,+2 computers skill)
Premade programs used: 1/4
If this works, it should give nearly instant access to video feeds, as per the computers 4 premade program ability:
"Each such device allows near-instant progress past a barrier or near-instant task completion, unless the target is more skilled (more knowledgeable if skill is equal); if they are, then this serves to cut the time to finish the job to 50%

IndianaO'Grimes
2015-06-12, 04:45 AM
Jonathan
Chameleon: Your appearance changes to look like an acquaintance of anyone you meet. In addition, your biology is slightly different, so you are more difficult to kill than a non-cape is.

The warehouse was within walking distance of the bus that Jonathan had taken to get to the industrial district. Of course, when you don't have a car most places have to be within walking distance. Jonathan hadn't changed into anything too dramatic, as his power meant that he looked different to anyone who looked at him. He stuck his hands in the pockets of his jacket to feel the pistol he had brought as 'insurance' and strode into the warehouse, seeing the three others standing around. "So who else is yet to come?"

Dienekes
2015-06-12, 09:40 AM
Rob Simmons "Casus"
Random power

Rob gave an agitated grunt as he turned away from the girl, looking directly and aggressively at a piece of dirt on the floor. Only looking up when a new villain entered to see who it was, before looking back down at the dirt. "Missing the tinker and the brute."

Metroid33
2015-06-12, 10:09 AM
Victoria "Siren"
Fascination

"Looks like it, but knowing tinkers he's probably watching us already, or something like that." Vi says taking a quick look around the empty interior. "I hope they don't take to much longer. I've been here for half an hour already."

ylvathrall
2015-06-12, 01:33 PM
Michael
Upgrade-Gradually increases the technology level of worn/carried equipment.

Michael sits and watches the feeds for a while, flicking from one camera to the next to get a decent look at the area. He watches as the others show up. The girl with the Master power, a kid in a cloak, a thug wearing a heavy metal helmet that looks just ridiculously uncomfortable. The Stranger is a little more interesting, if only because he looks just like some dimly remembered acquaintance from the gang. Even knowing it's the result of a power at work, the resemblance is uncanny.

No sign of cops or heroes, but we're still missing the Brute, he thinks to himself. Maybe the Brute got cold feet. Or, more likely, he's also got the area under surveillance somehow, and he isn't showing up until everyone else is there.

Either way, it's time for him to get moving. Leave them any longer and people will start to get nervous. So he stands, carefully returns his phone to its secure pocket in his costume, and starts walking to the warehouse.

Having arrived, he opens the door and steps inside, glancing around to make sure that no one is present that he wasn't expecting. "Hi," he says. "Thanks for coming.

Grim ranger
2015-06-12, 02:15 PM
Daniel
Voracious - Your body is just a shell made up of immensely strong prehensile, shapeshifting tendrils, and your real "self" is six-inch diameter sphere of bone and nerves. Capable of consuming edible matter to increase in size and shift tendrils in various ways to take on different forms with different properties, but still limited by square-cube law.

Having spent some time picking out a suitable costume for the meeting he had been so graciously called to today in the solitude of his quite luxarious apartment, Daniel had finally settled on a look a while ago, and made his way to the empty warehouse. His apparel consisted of black and purple hoodie with long sleeves, dark pants, fingerless gloves and a cloth mask extending over his neck and covering his face from nose to chin, embroidery of grinning purple mouth with sharp fangs worked on it. He had opted for about six feet caucasian man with green eyes and black hair for this particular meeting: different enough from his usual outlook that he doubted these people could rat him out even if they would pull off his mask.

And he doubted that they'd even try.

As he stepped inside, Daniel looked around, pleasantly surprised that everyone besides himself seemed to be present as it was: at least there would not be much waiting around. "Sorry about the delay: I had to make up my mind. I suppose everyone has gathered to this merry little clubhouse as it is then?"

Dienekes
2015-06-12, 02:23 PM
Rob Simmons "Casus"
Random power that may make me delusional

Well, they were all here. Time to get started. Rob finally looked up, though he was purposely trying to avoid looking at the girl and the guy who looked all too much like a drug dealer he knew.

"We're all here," Rob said to the brute before turning to the tinker. "You called us, so let's hear the proposition." There really wasn't much reason to get too worried at this point. He'd made sure the few jobs he picked up weren't stepping on anyone important's territory. Still, Rob was always edgy around new faces.

ylvathrall
2015-06-12, 03:45 PM
Michael
Upgrade-Gradually increases the technology level of worn/carried equipment

"It's pretty basic, really," Michael says, shrugging. "I'm about ready to break into the scene, but my power's not going to get me in with one of the major teams. And I'm not good enough to run solo. So I figured I'd get in touch with some people in the same position, see if you guys want to team up, maybe?"

Savaxis
2015-06-12, 05:44 PM
Alex ~ The Crimson Rider
"BLOOD!, i heal with blood, i kill with blood, i am blood.

“And what” the young cloaked figure spoke up “is in it for us?
He gave a glance around the room before momentarily stopping on Jonathan, “I really hope this isn’t just a tremendous waste of my time” he says turning back to Michael. “But You said it yourself, you want us, now’s the time to make it interesting, What can you offer us? you did after all mention that you had something to make this worth our while....let’s hear it””

Metroid33
2015-06-12, 05:53 PM
"Awe the twerp is so serious and cute." Vi says moving over towards him to give the guy a hug. On the way she calls back "And he does have a point."

Savaxis
2015-06-12, 07:45 PM
“Ga’h” the figure chokes out as he is enveloped in a hug from the girl, His cheeks rapidly staining red with heat as he struggled free from her grip “Let, Let go of me” he groaned out as he suppressed the urge to do something he would regret later....still the hug was kind of nice.

ylvathrall
2015-06-12, 07:52 PM
Michael

"Yeah, because you guys are doing so well yourselves," Michael says sarcastically. "Look, I'm not a people person, okay? I'm not gonna try and sell you on this. You want to go on being a nobody, you can walk out that door right now, no harm done. But I don't think there's anyone in this room that could seriously say that they're getting everything they want out of life right now."

Having said his piece, Michael gets his phone out again and checks on the cameras, making sure that nobody is about to happen upon the scene.

JNAProductions
2015-06-12, 08:11 PM
The cameras are clear. The streets are devoid of people, the only ones in sight your own little group.

Metroid33
2015-06-12, 09:05 PM
Using her power on a toned down level, Vi pulls the attention of everyone in the building, "Okay everyone I think what mister tinker is trying to say, is that we all of our issues and we need some cash or some friends. Whatever it is you can't do it yourself, well maybe the brute, but the rest of us. We can only do so much by ourselves, and Since we're all here we don't mind the idea of being on the " Vi puts her hands in the air and makes little air quotes, "'Wrong' side. So why don't we get to know each other, work plan a job or whatever and see were this takes us. If we all die or are caught then clearly we aren't a good team but otherwise we must be doing something right. " She says, letting go of their attention so everyone could think on what she had just said.

Dienekes
2015-06-12, 10:13 PM
Rob Simmons "Casus"
Random power that can cause mental issues

"Would you stop that?" Rob said to the girl. "If your words are actually useful they'll stand on their own merit. You shouldn't need to force people to listen to you. We aren't impressed you have powers. We all do."

Rob had to force himself not to shiver or show weakness in front of these people. But the idea of someone screwing with his head made his skin crawl. Even something harmless like this, just brought back memories of Psychosoma and what he forced people to become.

To the tinker he said "I'd be interested in a team up, a job or two and then we see how it plays out. If I like how you operate and vice versa we can keep going from there."

Metroid33
2015-06-13, 01:55 PM
Victoria "Siren"
"I didn't force you to listen, in fact, in my experience when men are looking at me they tend to lose track of what I'm saying." Vi says looking over to Casus.

Savaxis
2015-06-13, 02:27 PM
“As much as i dislike to agree with Double D over here” Crimson replied as he tore himself away from the girl
“Getting a team together could work out, the problem here is you, you called us here and promised to make it interesting, so far you have shown only poor manners and a lack of fulfillment of said promise, tell me how would you expect us to work with you if you couldn’t even show that when you’re the one pulling this recruitment drive, not that i expect you to survive long in this business anyway ”

He honestly wouldn't mind a team up if only so he could actually..do something. but there was several problems. Namely that guy...could he kill him.....he might have to at this rate.

"As of right now? id be more happy to team up with the rest of the people here, you however? i fully expect you to be dead by the time we leave here if it doesn't work out. maybe you'll get lucky and only be held hostage" he shrugged at this "A tinker with no manners shows up after inviting with a promise of something to make it worth our wile...and then not for-filling it? Especially considering you potentially knows our identity's?" he gives his attention to the others "How hard did you hide your ability's? cause im pretty sure i was being really careful"

Grim ranger
2015-06-13, 03:18 PM
Daniel
Voracious - Your body is just a shell made up of immensely strong prehensile, shapeshifting tendrils, and your real "self" is six-inch diameter sphere of bone and nerves. Capable of consuming edible matter to increase in size and shift tendrils in various ways to take on different forms with different properties, but still limited by square-cube law.

Listening to the bickering for a time, Daniel eventually began to grow frustrated: forming a villain team was doubtlessly a trying affair even during best of times, but when some applicants immediately rubbed at each other the wrong way, the consequences could be truly violent when it came to parahumans like those currently present. He might as well try his hand at playing a mediator.

"If I can cut in..." he noted, giving Crimson a calm look as he stepped forward. "I think it is bit early to make judgements about each other, especially when we have just gotten here. I don't know about rest of you, but I can hide my abilities very easily, and would have some resources to add to this merry romp as well. All of us don't have to be best buddies with each other: managing to work together well enough to complete missions and make this city our playing field should be fine. I think round of introductions would be in order?"

Dienekes
2015-06-13, 03:25 PM
Rob Simmons "Casus"
Random power

"Hmm," was all Rob said to the girl. Deny it all she wanted, she used her power to get people to listen to her more aptly. That was one to watch.

"Calm down Little Red Riding Hood," he said after the red one's outburst. "The talk of a team up is worth our while. I don't know about you, but I've been at this for a few years. Nothing major, but you should know I'm on the level. Teams always get farther than solos. Hell, even Eidolon has a team. He's offering himself, the smarts and resources to get us together, if not the personality to get us to agree. And if he betrays us or gets annoying, we kill him. Simple as that."

OOC: Ahh, whoops didn't see Grim's post. Ah well, continuing on.

IC: "I agree, a little show of trust can go a long way." Pity for us it looks like Red Guy won't go in unless that show of trust comes from the tinker, but ahh well. Might as well get the ball rolling.

"I'm Casus, I'm a trump, I'll give more details about my power if we actually form this band of misfits. Maybe you've heard of me, though it's doubtful. I've done a few jobs all of them small time, didn't have the resources or team necessary to try and step on anyone's toes."

Savaxis
2015-06-13, 05:49 PM
Crimson gave barely audible sigh as the others began to speak...perhaps he was being a little too hasty

“Fine, your right, I’m a newbie at this, probably would have joined the wards if I thought they would take me as anything more than a tool.” Maybe not the best thing to say in front of villains/mercenaries but playing that card would at least let them know he was being honest.
“Look I don’t want to be ether jailed or painted over the side of a building on our first mission....I has seen too many people die because they weren’t all on the same level...”
He gave audible sigh after that before continuing “My power has the side effect of giving me a better understand of the body, basically if you get hurt I should be able to patch you up long enough for you to get some proper care, if nothing else I can play field medic for you all.”
There a nice little introduction, play nice for all he’d said....he did want this, anything to get him out of his....current situation.
“....and the names Crimson”

IndianaO'Grimes
2015-06-13, 10:59 PM
Jonathan
Chameleon: Your appearance changes to look like an acquaintance of anyone you meet, and makes them slightly more favourable towards you. In addition, your biology is slightly different, so you are more difficult to kill than a non-cape is.

Jonathan stood quietly while the others argued. Finally, he spoke up after one of them suggested that introductions should be made. Chameleon. The name that stuck after I pulled a few solo jobs. My power makes me look like someone you've seen, but don't know well. It could be a neighbour that you don't interact with, your postman or the receptionist at the vets. But if you see me once, you won't recognise me the next time. It also makes people like me a bit more, so I can convince them to do something that they wouldn't have done before, as long as it's within reason. He looks to the tinker. So do you have a job in mind? Because I've got an idea if you don't.

ylvathrall
2015-06-13, 11:11 PM
Michael

Michael mostly tunes out the conversation, focusing on the cameras instead. More pointless bickering, posturing, bravado, and none of it matters. God, I wish my power let me make robots, he thinks to himself. If his allies could just be less human, this kind of pointless drama wouldn't be necessary.

He starts paying attention again when the guy in the helmet suggests introductions. He carefully returns the phone to its pocket, ignoring the casual death threat. Some of these people might follow through on it, but if they were capable of it they wouldn't have bothered to show up.

"Name's Michael," he says. "I'm a tinker, obviously. I can make anything if I want to badly enough, but it takes time and it only works for me. As far as jobs go, I'm thinking the people in this room could do a hell of a job as thieves. Get in, get the loot, get out. Safe, easy, and we walk away rich. That works out and we can look at something to get a little more respect."

Grim ranger
2015-06-14, 02:01 AM
Daniel

Nodding at Chameleon, he let out a slight chuckle. "I thought you looked familiar... That would be why I suppose. Handy trick, but you better hope heroes never find out about it, or it will become worthless."

Turning to look at the others, he folded his arms. "I tend to go by many names depending on circumstances, but I think 'Tango' works for now. It fits in multiple ways I won't be going into quite yet, but let's just say I can take a beating and give it, as well as make rather impressive escapes when needs must. I will be dropping details once we have actually done a job together so nobody will get cold feet."

Letting out a chuckle, he clapped his hands once. "So! Thieving sounds good, but I think first of all we will need secure place to operate out of... And maybe to take care of nearby gangs so they won't be giving us much trouble when we get rolling. I don't know about you guys, but idea of minions appeals to me."

Dienekes
2015-06-14, 09:18 AM
Rob "Casus"
Random power

"Not that I disagree, but bases and minions cost money. Money which I for one, don't have. I say a robbery or two first. Big enough to buy a base of operations ourselves, discretely, and maybe some better equipment, then we look to gain territory, push out some of the weaker crews and go from there."

Metroid33
2015-06-14, 12:27 PM
Victoria "Siren"
Fascination and death

"Hi everyone" Vi said in the same monotonous tone that is heard from alcoholics anonymous meetings. "I'm siren, and I the power to force you to stare at me. But don't do it to long guys" She says, winking at the few she facing at the moment. "Prolonged exposure can cause fever and death." She cracks a quick smile to them all. "But don't worry I get to pick when it hurts or when it's just for fun."

ylvathrall
2015-06-15, 10:10 PM
Michael

The conversation stalls for a few seconds after Siren speaks up. Michael gets the impression that happens pretty regularly around her. The girl's power is useful, but it's clearly going to get annoying quickly. He's going to have to figure out something that his power can transform into a defense against hers.

I'm with Casus on this one," he says. "Not to mention that arranging a base and claiming territory are long-term goals. Right now we're talking a strictly temporary alliance, to figure out whether we can work together. So...you guys got any preference on where we hit first? Because I've got some ideas, but it's going to depend on how big you're willing to go on our first job."

Dienekes
2015-06-16, 11:43 AM
Rob Simmons "Casus"

Random power

"There are the obvious choices; jewelry stores, ATMs, things that would be much easier with a Tinker to disable security first" Casus spoke up to provide a couple of ideas. "Low key, easy, so long as we are smart about it. There should be no potential for danger to any of us, unless a cape just happens to be walking by." Then Casus paused for just a bit of emphasis. What's the point of being a villain if you can't ham it up, even a little? "Or, I know a few drug staches, guarded, but not overwhelmingly so. We can hit one of the weaker gangs. If it doesn't work out, we disperse after we grab the cash. Weaker gangs shouldn't have the means of tracking us. If we like how we all work under fire, we can target the gang we choose more strategically and set up shop."

Grim ranger
2015-06-16, 02:28 PM
Daniel - 'Tango'

"Gangs would be easier to fool, especially with some of the powers here: we could leech cash from them without them ever noticing" he noted with a chuckle. "But if we want base of operations, we need to clear out some area... We'd have to take out some gang so silently nobody would even notice, and take their place. Best way to keep under the radar, I say."

Dienekes
2015-06-17, 09:23 AM
Rob Simmons "Casus"
Random adaptation

"Doing that is incredibly difficult. Gangs don't just pop out of the ground. They have contacts, connection. They need lawyers in their pocket to keep their street level members out of prison, or on shortened sentences. They need some connection to an illegal trade group just to maintain funds. The usual culprits being guns, drugs, or slave/prostitutes coming in from, generally more powerful and paranoid organizations from outside the States. Replacing someone without anyone noticing requires tricking that trade group that any changes they notices are still a continuation of that previous gang, or, that we are somehow better for their business than any agreement they currently have." Rob then stopped for a second to think, before he shrugged. "If you're still up for that, I know just the gang to try and hit first, calling themselves The Nightborn. Only 2 capes worth mentioning, small time stuff up north."

Savaxis
2015-06-17, 01:15 PM
"known powers" Crimson speaks up "if we do decide that route i would rather know what where going up against."
hitting a stash would be a good idea for a test run at the very least, maybe afterwards the group could go further once they learned abit about each other, but for now something smaller would be better.

Dienekes
2015-06-18, 10:26 AM
Rob "Casus"
Random adaptation and possible craziness

"They're a bit of a mismatched pair. The leader is Nightborn, he can create darkness around him and while there he seems to be a Brute or Shifter as well. In either case, those that fall out of the darkness are all mauled up. The other is Dayshine, who blasts light beams. This could work out for us, as their powers don't really have that great of synergy other than the simple, melee guy and ranged guy thing. The third guy to worry about is The Operator, no powers, at least none anyone knows, but he's smart. He runs the numbers, and honestly, if we want to usurp the Nightborn instead of just beating them into submission, I'd suggest starting by looking at the Operator´s relationship with the Nightborn. Ruthless underlings that are smarter than their masters tend to get rebellious, at least from what I've seen."

ylvathrall
2015-06-19, 04:44 AM
Michael

"Problem," Michael says, getting his phone out to check the cameras again. "The Operator's the guy we need to deal with, it sounds like, and I'm liking the idea that we strike a deal with him or something. Sounds good. But right now I'm not seeing that we have much to offer him, and we don't have the resources or the rep to keep him in line, even if we do make a deal. So that brings us back to where we started. Takes money to make money."

Grim ranger
2015-06-19, 06:46 AM
Daniel - 'Tango'

"Well, then we better make money to open up new options... I of course have considerable resources, but using my legal funds for this would probably attract some unwanted attention" Daniel notes. "I suggest we go the easy route and raid the biggest gang around silently for some drug money. Nobody will care, and with the kind of infiltration powers present in this group, we could get in and out without anyone ever knowing."

Dienekes
2015-06-19, 09:33 AM
Rob "Casus"
Random adaptation with a side of crazy

"If we do this right, we can kill two birds with one stone. I suggest we steal from the Nightborn. But we'd need to do so in a way that is embarassing to them. Show the Operator that his superiors are incompetent, breed resentment in him. That's when we come to make the deal."

ylvathrall
2015-06-20, 11:37 PM
Michael

"Sounds like we have a plan, then," Michael says. "I can do it tomorrow if you guys can. I'm thinking early morning is the best time if we want to do it clean. You want to meet up here, or closer to our target?"

Grim ranger
2015-06-21, 01:56 PM
Daniel - 'Tango'

"My first pick would have been a gang other than that one, but I suppose it might work too. It is a shame we won't be able to work with them: I am not particularly fond of thought of serving as someone's lackey, and I doubt they'd be willing to just join our team" he says, his mask lending him seemingly constant creepy grin as he talks of their plan. "Anyhow, wouldn't replacing those two be noticed? The news would spread quickly. We should likely hash out a secure and well-stocked base for ourselves before we will go on to conquer them: although many of us can probably disguise ourselves well enough to pass as different capes entirely, I still wouldn't like to draw any heat onto us yet. Anonymity is our greatest asset as things are."

ylvathrall
2015-06-22, 07:08 PM
Michael

"Sounds like a plan," Michael says again, more firmly. "Guess I'll see you here, then. Around four in the morning or so sounds about right."

Assuming there are no objections, he will then check that his costume is completely covered before heading home. He will take a relatively circuitous route back to his apartment, watching for anyone following him. Having arrived at his apartment, he will write another premade program to replace the one he used today. He will then set an alarm early enough for him to make it back to the warehouse by around three and tuck a knife into his costume before going to sleep.

Dienekes
2015-06-22, 10:23 PM
Rob "Casus"
Adaptation with a side order of nuts

"I'll scout around a bit and report back, see which crews they have that seem weak. See you all tomorrow," Casus said before he left.

Alright, not entirely dominated by amateurs and idiots. A few have useful ideas, some seem potentially powerful. This could, maybe work. And if not, no one has seen his face yet. He would just need to not show up to the next meeting and get a new mask.

Roll to see where they have crews selling drugs, or brothels would be

Streetwise: [roll0] A note, Streetwise 3 means I get more specific information for my roll, if that is applicable.