PDA

View Full Version : Let's make the Dragonborn!

Ralanr
2015-06-11, 09:20 PM
So I told my group that paladins are powered by their oaths rather than gods (We assumed otherwise) and my friend pointed out that it's a lot like the dragonborn from skyrim.

So it got me thinking, what would the 5e dragonborn be like? I know the character changes from player to player, but let's take the mascot character. The Nord with the viking iron helm, sword and shield, and what looked to be hide armor. What do you think he'd be?

Personally? I think a mix of barbarian and Vengeance paladin. Can't really make the Thu'um...or can we?

What about you all?

Sigreid
2015-06-11, 09:29 PM
Ok, I'll play. For the Thu'um, that's what boons are from the DMG. Perfectly within the rules to award powers to a character to meets certain criteria. In this case, finding a dragon word and slaying a dragon of at least adult quality to steal it's power. For the breath weapon ones lets day that you start with a wyrmling's breath weapon at the firsts word and move to young and then adult as you learn the other two?

Ralanr
2015-06-11, 09:38 PM
Ok, I'll play. For the Thu'um, that's what boons are from the DMG. Perfectly within the rules to award powers to a character to meets certain criteria. In this case, finding a dragon word and slaying a dragon of at least adult quality to steal it's power. For the breath weapon ones lets day that you start with a wyrmling's breath weapon at the firsts word and move to young and then adult as you learn the other two?

More creative than using breath weapon potions.

eastmabl
2015-06-11, 11:35 PM
Search the dragonborn population until you find a male and female and convince them to copulate. Watch for an egg and wait for it to hatch.

Bam. Dragonborn made.

ChubbyRain
2015-06-11, 11:36 PM
Go look at 4e dragonborn mechanics + feats and look at 3e dragonborn fluff.

Mix those two things together and you will have a fantastic dragonborn.

All the options, I think including healing breath, that you could ever want for dragonborn breath weapons should be able to be found in 4e.

DethBySquirl
2015-06-12, 12:19 AM
You could dip into Warlock for Repelling Blast, giving you a spammable knockback ability (though limited in targets).

Ralanr
2015-06-12, 12:37 AM
You could dip into Warlock for Repelling Blast, giving you a spammable knockback ability (though limited in targets).

I like this! You get a cookie.

Hyena
2015-06-12, 04:29 AM
I've always thought that the Dragonborn is essentially a valor bard.

Orbis Orboros
2015-06-12, 08:08 AM
Isn't thunderclap basically Fus Ro Dah?