PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Races of Kombat (PEACH)

Ralcos
2015-06-11, 09:21 PM
Because I was bored, I built a race for 5e from Mortal Kombat.
There's a possibility for me to build more races, so if you like it, stay tuned!

Tarkatan

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mkwikia/images/6/6e/The_Tarkata.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110830155742

Racial Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2 while your Strength score increases by 1.
Age. Tarkatans have a lifespan that can't be measured by normal means, due to them being creatures of Outworld.
Size. Tarkatans have similar height and builds to humans. Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Tarkatan Blades. Using the same amount of effort to draw a sword, a Tarkatan can extend two blades from their forearms. These blades are natural weapons, meaning that they always have the Light and Finesse keywords. Each of the blades deals 1d6 +Strength or Dexterity modifier Slashing or Piercing damage. At 5th level, a Tarkatan can make a secondary attack with one of his blades as a Bonus Action. You are always considered proficient in your own Tarkatan Blades.
Darkvision You can see up to 60 feet in dimly lit conditions as well as in conditions of complete darkness.
Savage Attacks When you score a Critical Hit with a melee attack (including your Tarkatan Blades), you can roll one additional of the weapon's damage die and add the result as extra damage dealt on said critical hit.
Languages. Common, Tarkatan OR Outworld Dialect (choose one).

Shokan

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/mkwikia/images/0/05/1427603586757.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/625?cb=20150329091231

Racial Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Strength and Constiutution scores both increase by 2.
Age. Shokan have a lifespan that can't be measured by normal means, due to them being creatures of Outworld.
Size. Shokan are huge, standing between 7 and 8 1/2 feet in height and weigh around 300 or 400 pounds on average, due to sheer muscle mass. Your size is considered to be Large, which grants you the following features:

Must pay double to make armor sized for yourself.
Cannot wield weapons with the Light or Finesse keywords unless specifically forged for you.
Versatile weapons are one-handed weapons for you, dealing damage as if you were wielding them with both hands.
Heavy weapons are now versatile, allowing you to roll the weapon's damage die twice and taking the better result whenever you use said weapons.
You double your Constitution modifier when determining Hit Points at 1st level.
You double your maximum values in Light, Medium, and Heavy loads.

Four-Armed. Shokan have four powerful arms, allowing them to do tasks that can be done with four arms. You cannot wield weapons in this second pair of arms unless you spend a Feat to do so.
Languages. Common, Shokan OR Outworld Dialect (choose one).

Earthrealmers, Edenians, Outworlders, Chaosrealmers, Cyborgs, Half-Gods and other such races look and act like humans, but are otherwise connected to their realm of choice.
Edenians, for example, are almost always beautiful to the average Earthrealmer's eyes, while Chaosrealmers have random features such as having a skull behind peeling skin or a claw-like arm.

Earthrealmer Traits.
As Humans, per PHB (alternate race rules)
Can gain a Cantrip at 1st level instead of a bonus feat at 1st level, gaining a 1st level spell at 6th level, a 2nd level spell at 12th level, then finally a 3rd level spell at 18th level. The 1st level spell, 2nd level spell, and 3rd level spell can be used once once per short rest.

Edenian Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 2, while any one ability score of your choice increases by 1.
Age. Edenians are nigh-ageless, able to seem in their early thirties when in reality they have lived a millennium.
NOTE: Are granted the Bonus Feat or Cantrip feature that Humans are granted.

Outworlder Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 1, while one ability score of your choice increases by 2.
Magically Inclined. You gain a Cantrip at 1st level, gaining a 1st level spell at 6th level, a 2nd level spell at 12th level, then finally a 3rd level spell at 18th level. The 1st level spell, 2nd level spell, and 3rd level spell can be used once once per short rest.

Cyborg Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2, while any one ability score of your choice increases by 1.
Augmented. You do not need to eat, drink, sleep, or breathe.
In addition, you can choose one of the following Augmentations.

Metal Carapace; Grants AC of 12 + Dexterity Modifier; Does not stack with class features and cannot be replaced with a suit of armor. You are proficient in this armor.
Weapon Augmentation; Choose one weapon. That weapon becomes Natural for you (adding the Light and Finesse keywords, if applicable). Weapons cannot be disarmed. You are ALWAYS considered proficient in this weapon.
Skill Programming; Choose 1 skill. You are Proficient in that chosen skill.

Half-God Traits
NOTE: You must consult your DM if you wish to play as this race, due to it's power.
Ability Score Increase. All of your Ability Scores increase by 1.
Magically Inclined You gain a Cantrip at 1st level, gaining a 1st level spell at 6th level, a 2nd level spell at 12th level, then finally a 3rd level spell at 18th level. The 1st level spell, 2nd level spell, and 3rd level spell can be used once once per short rest.
Natural Ability. You gain a feat at 1st level. You still must meet any prerequisites for your chosen feat.

Chaosrealmer Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2, while any one other ability score of your choice increases by 1.
Rules of Chaos. As a Reaction during your Action, you may roll a d4. You take damage equal to what you rolled, and you can apply a bonus equal to the same rolled amount to your next roll.
At 4th level, you can roll a d6
At 8th level, you can roll a d8
At 12th level, you can roll a d10
At 16th level, you can roll a d12
Damage dealt to yourself in this way cannot be healed in any way until you take a Long Rest or until 24 hours pass, whichever comes first.

Seidan/Orderrealmer Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by 2, while your Intelligence score increases by 1.
Axiomatic. You may cast Protection from Evil and Good without spending spell slots and/or material components, but you can only target yourself with this ability.

Martial Arts Fighting Style (Fighters/Paladins/Ranger)
When you choose this Fighting Style, you gain the monk's Martial Arts feature. To determine Damage Die, you are considered to be 2 levels lower than the Monk (minimum: 1), and you can wear armor and wield shields when using this style.

Hopefully you like!

Torched Forever
2015-06-11, 09:38 PM
This is actually really well balanced. One thing is that there are only two situations where Tarkatan blades are worth while. Tarkatans make good monks thanks to their superior natural weapons and they would come in handy if you were disarmed/captured. However, I don't understand how they can see further in complete darkness? Is there some flavor I don't know/understand?

Ralcos
2015-06-11, 10:48 PM
This is actually really well balanced. One thing is that there are only two situations where Tarkatan blades are worth while. Tarkatans make good monks thanks to their superior natural weapons and they would come in handy if you were disarmed/captured. However, I don't understand how they can see further in complete darkness? Is there some flavor I don't know/understand?

I gave them Darkvision due to the fact that, at least in my experience, the realm of Outworld is usually bleak and dimly lit when it comes to official lore and certain specific depictions (such as the intro to Deadly Alliance and Deception).

The Shokan race is coming up next.

EDIT: I have the hunch that a Large-sized playable race with 4 arms would be basically unplayable in 5e... If I don't build the Shokan as a playable race, I could come up with the rules to play as Humans from the different Realms, as well as Sub-Races of said "Humans" such as Cyborgs and Half-Gods.

Torched Forever
2015-06-12, 08:14 AM
What I meant was that why do they have a 60 foot range in dim light and a 120 foot range in complete darkness.

Large isn't that much of a problem unless you scale up their damage and multiple arms can be done reasonably.

Ralcos
2015-06-12, 03:49 PM
What I meant was that why do they have a 60 foot range in dim light and a 120 foot range in complete darkness.

Large isn't that much of a problem unless you scale up their damage and multiple arms can be done reasonably.

Changed Tarkatan Darkvision to just be 60 feet.

Jurai
2015-06-12, 04:09 PM
Shokan should probably get a feat for their multiple arms. Interactions with TWF and all that.

Ralcos
2015-06-12, 04:19 PM
Shokan should probably get a feat for their multiple arms. Interactions with TWF and all that.

Agreed. I just wonder if I could say that Large-sized characters can't wield weapons with the Light Keyword and treat certain weapons with the Light Keyword.

ImSAMazing
2015-06-12, 04:22 PM
Because I was bored, I built a race for 5e from Mortal Kombat.
There's a possibility for me to build more races, so if you like it, stay tuned!

Tarkatan

Picture of Baraka here.

Racial Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2 while your Strength score increases by 1.
Age. Tarkatans have a lifespan that can't be measured by normal means, due to them being creatures of Outworld.
Size. Tarkatans have similar height and builds to humans. Your size is Medium.
Tarkatan Blades. Using the same amount of effort to draw a sword, a Tarkatan can extend two blades from their forearms. These blades are natural weapons, meaning that they always have the Light and Finesse keywords. Each of the blades deals 1d6 +Strength or Dexterity modifier Slashing or Piercing damage. At 5th level, a Tarkatan can make a secondary attack with one of his blades as a Bonus Action. You are always considered proficient in your own Tarkatan Blades.
Darkvision You can see up to 60 feet in dimly lit conditions as well as in conditions of complete darkness.
Savage Attacks When you score a Critical Hit with a melee attack (including your Tarkatan Blades), you can roll one additional of the weapon's damage die and add the result as extra damage dealt on said critical hit.
Languages. Common, Tarkatan OR Outworld Dialect (choose one).

Hopefully you like!
The lvl 5 feature outplays the Berserker's lvl 3 feature... bonus attack, but normal damage and no exhaustion...

Ralcos
2015-06-12, 04:26 PM
The lvl 5 feature outplays the Berserker's lvl 3 feature... bonus attack, but normal damage and no exhaustion...

To ask: Is that a bad thing?
I was trying to emulate the Fighter 5th level ability to gain a Bonus attack, mostly to describe how Tarkatans attack in quick succession with their blades.

Wartex1
2015-06-12, 04:43 PM
It's basically just dual-wielding shortswords. Barbarians can do that.

ZenBear
2015-06-12, 06:03 PM

Without modifier on damage unless they multiclass for a fighting style.

Do they get this bonus attack even when wielding a two handed weapon or a weapon and shield? That seems very strong in that case, and makes dual wielding as a Tarkatan flatly suboptimal. Being light/finesse the option to attack with a bonus action should be innate when fighting unarmed. No need for the lvl 5 feature at all imo.

Also, just make it deal piercing damage only. Nothing else gets multiple damage types.

Jurai
2015-06-12, 08:40 PM
I'd say make the Tarkatan blades a feat also, since any game running these is likely running feats as well. Mileena, for instance, has Tarkatan DNA but has no blades (unless those teeth count).

Wartex1
2015-06-12, 08:42 PM
I'd say make the Tarkatan blades a feat also, since any game running these is likely running feats as well. Mileena, for instance, has Tarkatan DNA but has no blades (unless those teeth count).

Mileena is also not full Tarkatan as well.

The blades aren't really that strong to warrant it anyways. The race is pretty balanced as is.

ImSAMazing
2015-06-13, 04:44 AM
To ask: Is that a bad thing?
I was trying to emulate the Fighter 5th level ability to gain a Bonus attack, mostly to describe how Tarkatans attack in quick succession with their blades.
OF COURSE! A barbarian needs to specialize AND be in a Rage AND suffer one level of exhaustion. Since it's not a TWF bonus action, the damage modifier applies. This just makes the Berserker Path useless.

Yeah but you don't add your Strength(or Dex) modifier to the damage in that case.

Hmm, a feat might work.

khadgar567
2015-06-13, 07:48 AM
why not ditch shao khan and introduce edenian ladies first( like to create a kitana)

Wartex1
2015-06-13, 08:47 AM
OF COURSE! A barbarian needs to specialize AND be in a Rage AND suffer one level of exhaustion. Since it's not a TWF bonus action, the damage modifier applies. This just makes the Berserker Path useless.

Yeah but you don't add your Strength(or Dex) modifier to the damage in that case.

Hmm, a feat might work.

The barbarian's Frenzy is a terrible ability in the first place. Also, that works with polearms and two-handed weapons.

The blades aren't overpowered. It's shortswords with a fighting style. That's nothing compared to the racial feat of V Human or the advantage against spells on Gnomes.

Ralcos
2015-06-13, 06:50 PM
Added Alternate Humans and Edenians as part of the race list.
I know they arent as balanced, and I am working on concepts to make the options more balanced.

EDIT: Added rough version of Shokan race.

ZenBear
2015-06-13, 08:11 PM
If Edeniens are ageless, it would be reasonable to assume them wise? Reverse their Ability Score bonuses. We still don't have a single +2 Wisdom race in all of 5E.

khadgar567
2015-06-14, 07:30 AM
If Edeniens are ageless, it would be reasonable to assume them wise? Reverse their Ability Score bonuses. We still don't have a single +2 Wisdom race in all of 5E.
Zenbear if you look at the character list only quan chi and shang tsun is male wisdom full edenians remaining ( this includes millena to ans resurected sindel ) are da*n gorgeous chicks with deadly martial arts skills so I think its good but maybe we need ability to add +1 on one of our chosen stat

Ralcos
2015-06-14, 12:57 PM
Zenbear if you look at the character list only quan chi and shang tsun is male wisdom full edenians remaining ( this includes millena to ans resurected sindel ) are da*n gorgeous chicks with deadly martial arts skills so I think its good but maybe we need ability to add +1 on one of our chosen stat

As a note, Quan Chi used to be an Oni and is now a Sorcerer of the Netherrealm.
While Shang Tsung is a cursed Sorcerer from Earthrealm.

khadgar567
2015-06-14, 01:17 PM
As a note, Quan Chi used to be an Oni and is now a Sorcerer of the Netherrealm.
While Shang Tsung is a cursed Sorcerer from Earthrealm.
well until the resent game we only have the gals section of edenia while all guys either elder gods( which we needs its own race) or earth realmers permanently plane shift there or in case of ermac some sorta spiritual cthulhu

Ralcos
2015-06-14, 01:21 PM
well until the resent game we only have the gals section of edenia while all guys either elder gods( which we needs its own race) or earth realmers permanently plane shift there or in case of ermac some sorta spiritual cthulhu

Actually, the recent games DO have Rain, though I'd categorize as a Half-God rather than Edenian in these 5e rules.

Also, Elder Gods are basically unplayable in 5e (imho), due to their nature of being part of the most powerful beings in the MK universe, and because they'd normally never take part of inter-realm affairs unless it threatened themselves.
Shinnok is an exception to this rule, but he is more akin to Raiden in strength due to the loss of his Elder God status.

ZenBear
2015-06-14, 05:26 PM

I don't understand anything you just said. Your grammar is pretty bad, if English is not your first language I apologize for being insensitive.

So Quan Chi and Shang Tsun are the only male "Edenians" and all the rest are hot chicks. Ok, that doesn't make the race as a whole charismatic. Charisma is force of personality, not physical beauty. Age and experience breed wisdom first and foremost, regardless of sex or appearance.

Ancient, immortal martial artists? +2 WIS +1 DEX. Monk class.

khadgar567
2015-06-15, 02:25 AM
I don't understand anything you just said. Your grammar is pretty bad, if English is not your first language I apologize for being insensitive.

So Quan Chi and Shang Tsun are the only male "Edenians" and all the rest are hot chicks. Ok, that doesn't make the race as a whole charismatic. Charisma is force of personality, not physical beauty. Age and experience breed wisdom first and foremost, regardless of sex or appearance.

Ancient, immortal martial artists? +2 WIS +1 DEX. Monk class.
I am from turkey and english is my second language
as for the race I think we need some archtypes with different traits one of them focus on magician( wizard, sorcerer etc.) other one focuses on monk based combatants ( such as takeda, tremor or other ninja based characters). also I personaly have no problem with +2 WIS +1 DEX.

Ralcos
2015-06-16, 02:55 PM
I have added the Cyborg.
Now you can become the Tekunin, stealthier than the night!

Ralcos
2015-06-25, 01:12 PM
Sorry for the necromancy and repeat posts.

I have added the OBVIOUSLY overpowered Half-God "subrace" for Humans. Enjoy!

EDIT: Added a Fighting Style for the classes that grant one. Whaddya think?

Jurai
2015-06-25, 01:35 PM
Hey, Ralcos, why did you take Magically Inclined and rename it Demi-Domain? Inconsistency of that nature bugs me!

Ralcos
2015-06-25, 01:37 PM
Whoops. Changed it.

Added the Chaosrealmer and the Seidan/Orderrealmer.

Jurai
2015-06-25, 01:39 PM
Thank you. Much better.

Ralcos
2015-06-25, 01:56 PM
Thank you. Much better.

You're welcome.
A few more races are on their way, I just need to remember that Shang Tsung's soul-stealing abilities come from a curse that the Elder Gods punished him with and not a racial or class feature.

Jurai
2015-06-25, 02:07 PM
It's how he survives, according to the Mortal Kombat Wiki, which says that the beings that cursed him are only identified as his gods, not the elder gods.

Ralcos
2015-06-25, 04:11 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot about that. /facepalm

Anywho, the only race ideas I can think of (at least the playable ones) are the Saurians/Zaterrans and the Cryomancer Descended.

Other than that, what do you guys think?

khadgar567
2015-06-29, 09:44 AM
Oh yeah! I forgot about that. /facepalm

Anywho, the only race ideas I can think of (at least the playable ones) are the Saurians/Zaterrans and the Cryomancer Descended.

Other than that, what do you guys think?
well their is d'vorah who may be chutulhu spawn she is glados style talking tykebomb only thinks for hive