PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Piratey stuff in obscure sourcebooks

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-11, 09:44 PM
As the title. I'll be in a piratey gestalt game soon, and am wondering what pirate stuff there is other than Legendary Captain, Dread Pirate, and Scarlet Corsair. I'll probably have a Bard base on one half of the gestalt, if it's relevant.

frogglesmash
2015-06-12, 01:10 AM
Cyberscape (for the d20 modern system) has "peg leg" and "hook" prosthetics so there's that.

DrKerosene
2015-06-12, 02:43 AM
I'm pretty sure there is a variant Fighter, from one of the magazines, that lets you swing on a rope in a line and do some stuff. Like Targeteer, or Thane, one of those, but it wasn't notable beyond the "I'm on a boat!" trick.

frogglesmash
2015-06-12, 03:14 AM
I'm pretty sure there is a variant Fighter, from one of the magazines, that lets you swing on a rope in a line and do some stuff. Like Targeteer, or Thane, one of those, but it wasn't notable beyond the "I'm on a boat!" trick.

You're probably thinking of the Corsair which is in Dragon #310 on P.34, also in that issue is the Fencer variant for Fighter's which might also be appropriate for for a swashbuckling campaign, and while we're on the subject I might as well point out the Swashbuckler class, and the Duelist PrC, as well as this (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?314347-Feats-for-one-handed-fighting) list of homebrew feat's which are great for making the Empty off-hand fighting that is so common in pirate combat, a more viable option.