PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation *spoilers?*

Setra
2007-04-25, 01:21 AM
There has been some mentioning of Reincarnation throughout the whole death thing with Roy.

This thread is basically to think about what funny events might occur if Roy is reincarnated.

I think Roy'd make a great Dwarf :smallbiggrin:

Icewalker
2007-04-25, 01:24 AM
GOBLIN
It's a choice.
Theres also DM's discretion.

ooh or kobold. then Belkar'd go after him. Gnome? Perhaps troglodyte?

Setra
2007-04-25, 01:26 AM
GOBLIN
Talk about Cosmic Irony, how many has he killed?

Icewalker
2007-04-25, 02:29 AM
Quite a few. It'd be funnier if it was hobgoblin, but that isn't on the list.

Still...

Alex Kidd
2007-04-25, 02:31 AM
Haley and Elan's son.

And he retains a lot from his last life.

Atanari
2007-04-25, 09:30 AM
:roy: as :elan: and :haley: son would be one of the funniest things ever :biggrin: but also one of the worst things for Roy, iŽd say, let him rest in peace :wink:

Overlard
2007-04-25, 09:48 AM
GOBLIN

Talk about Cosmic Irony, how many has he killed?
A player in one of my games did that. Started off as an elven favoured soul, slaughtered his way through a dungeon of goblins & then got killed and reincarnated as one. He was not best pleased.

Later he died again and he was reincarnated as a half-orc, then later as a half-elf. He then retired from adventuring, having lost several hundred years from his life expectancy.

LordVader
2007-04-25, 09:59 AM
Does he come back as the same gender? If not, that has some potential for humor. Imagine Roy as a woman, permanently- he'd be pissed.
'

Zakama
2007-04-25, 10:08 AM
Ooo, got it! As Thog's little bro!

Green Bean
2007-04-25, 10:17 AM
Does he come back as the same gender? If not, that has some potential for humor. Imagine Roy as a woman, permanently- he'd be pissed.
'

Then he'd be glad that Durkon saved the gender change belt, eh? :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2007-04-25, 10:26 AM
Ooo, got it! As Thog's little bro!

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Seriously, though.......reincarnation? Is that really allowed?

Plus, gotta wait......... he might not even be dead yet.

EDIT: LOL, I said "yet". XD

UltimaGabe
2007-04-25, 10:27 AM
He then retired from adventuring, having lost several hundred years from his life expectancy.

Considering he had already died several times, wouldn't you say that Life Expectancy was already out the window?

Fawkes
2007-04-25, 10:31 AM
I really don't think he's going to be reincarnated. Here's why: in No Cure for the Paladin Blues, Rich stated that one character would have a permanent change in his or her appearance. ONE character. This was before Elan multiclassed to Dashing Swordsman and got a new outfit. I find it unlikely that Rich would change his mind about something like that.

jindra34
2007-04-25, 10:32 AM
Phooey....
(well he could Re-incarnate as a human...)

Fawkes
2007-04-25, 10:40 AM
Well, don't let me ruin your day. It's still possible, and I kind of like the idea, but I don't think Roy is going to have any permanent changes here.

Quikngruvn
2007-04-25, 03:41 PM
The main problem with Reincarnation is that it's only a Druid spell, so the OotS would need to find a Druid of at least 7th level. At this point it would be easier to gather the diamonds needed for Raise Dead/Resurrect then to find a Druid friendlier than ol' Leeky Windstaff....

(The Druid I'm running in a PbE campaign is almost 7th level. I'm already planning on getting "living wills" from all party members on whether they wish to be reincarnated if they die. I don't want to have to decide 'Well, would they want to be reincarnated' after they're dead, especially since no one has Speak With Dead....)

jindra34
2007-04-25, 03:44 PM
The main problem with Reincarnation is that it's only a Druid spell, so the OotS would need to find a Druid of at least 7th level. At this point it would be easier to gather the diamonds needed for Raise Dead/Resurrect then to find a Druid friendlier than ol' Leeky Windstaff....

(The Druid I'm running in a PbE campaign is almost 7th level. I'm already planning on getting "living wills" from all party members on whether they wish to be reincarnated if they die. I don't want to have to decide 'Well, would they want to be reincarnated' after they're dead, especially since no one has Speak With Dead....)

They should captured and kept Leeky with them... CURSES...

Hiest, monkey
2007-04-25, 04:03 PM
The only druid the giant has used, was leeky. All the other classes featured where "cool" but leaky was just plain stupid. I think the giant will have them hunt for a legendary druid that can choose what they reincarnate as. And on the way they will take a detour, and end up in Tyrrania, where the origin of Nale's dad will be revieled, via (haley) "Here's 10000000gp give me back my father!" LG swings in (by sabine) "Get the skank's gold!" and finally (by evil king) "Nale I haven't seen you forever" and "hey dad" and then, (by Haley) "If roy where here..." then roy pops up as a ghost and says hes been following them and then thta he likes being a ghost, since now he can't be injured, and can scare the piss out of belkar with fear effects, then elan says "Daddy save me from the ghost!"

taraxia
2007-04-25, 05:26 PM
BRILLIANT!!!!!

Seriously, though.......reincarnation? Is that really allowed?

Plus, gotta wait......... he might not even be dead yet.

EDIT: LOL, I said "yet". XD

There's the reincarnate spell, which causes you to instantaneously reappear in a new body, but given that the only Druid we've seen so far is 1) a bad guy, 2) hates the Order of the Stick, and 3) is currently hundreds of miles away in Cliffport training Pompey to be his cohort, I don't think it's likely.

There's also, presumably, regular-style reincarnation that happens the long way, but whether that exists depends on the campaign setting and your DM.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-25, 05:30 PM
man when does the new strip get here, i'm going crazy man.

Fawkes
2007-04-25, 06:10 PM

Five hours.

jindra34
2007-04-25, 06:11 PM

Five hours.

At least...

Fawkes
2007-04-25, 06:14 PM
At least...

What can I say, I'm an optimist.

Back on track... Leeky's last appearance left hint of a return. Could they try to resurrect Roy? Stay tuned to find out!