PDA

View Full Version : DoD reference/ending to story arc? -spoilers-

V Junior
2007-04-25, 01:59 AM
In the DoD, :xykon: disarms :roy:, causing :roy: to shove him into the gate. However, this time, :xykon: kills :roy:. So what if one of Haley's arrows (or other procectile including the twin daggers of doom) goes wayward and smacks into the talisman, which summons Celia?

Celia could then get revenge by driving Xykon away somehow, or she could just move Roy's body to the ressurect pile, then join in.

What do you think?

((bit off topic, but shouldn't Roy's smiley have Xs instead of a frown?))

ref
2007-04-25, 02:36 AM
He's annoyed that he died in such a silly way.

factotum
2007-04-25, 03:43 AM
I think there's no evidence that Celia would make the slightest difference to this fight--she's a sylph, not a God. Furthermore, we've had one Deus Ex Machina already with the dragon head killing the Death Knight, I think we can do without another one as somebody breaks the talisman by accident. (Now, if one of the OotS who happens to know what the talisman is breaks it deliberately, that would be OK).

Brickman
2007-04-25, 02:01 PM
Celia is a noncombatant. She probably can do a few simple spells, but I'm pretty sure her only useful (to a group like the OOTS at least) skill besides being a lawyer and character development is flying (which makes it ironic since that was the one thing that could have saved Roy, but it also avoids a blatant Dues-Ex-Machina/overcoincidence/PC shield).

Mewtarthio
2007-04-25, 03:23 PM
Celia is a noncombatant. She probably can do a few simple spells, but I'm pretty sure her only useful (to a group like the OOTS at least) skill besides being a lawyer and character development is flying (which makes it ironic since that was the one thing that could have saved Roy, but it also avoids a blatant Dues-Ex-Machina/overcoincidence/PC shield).

It's called a "Chekov's Gun." So long as it's introduced previously, it's a Chekov's Gun. It's only a Deus Ex Machina if it comes out of nowhere.

Abacab
2007-04-25, 04:47 PM
((bit off topic, but shouldn't Roy's smiley have Xs instead of a frown?))

No, not necessarily. I don't think the Giant changes the smilies based on their condition. The smileys' expressions are based on their general personality or feelings. Notice how Roy is grumpy-looking.