PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Representing 4e hybrids in pathfinder.

Xuldarinar
2015-06-12, 01:53 AM
Really, its the title. How would you go about representing different 4e hybrid combinations under pathfinder? Without using gestalt preferably, for obvious reasons. Though I wish there was a lesser gestalt system, or a hybrid class system for pathfinder as there is for 4e. I tried making it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?397599-Dual-Classing), but it isn't easy and I abandoned it.. for now anyways.

What I had in mind at first addressing directly was the warlock paladin hybrid, which seems to work out quite well, but it seemed too narrow of a focus for discussion.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-12, 01:54 AM
Variant Multiclassing?

An explanation of how they work in 4e would be nice for those of us who aren't familiar.

Xuldarinar
2015-06-12, 02:05 AM
Variant Multiclassing?

Eh, perhaps?

An explanation of how they work in 4e would be nice for those of us who aren't familiar.

In essence, 4e's hybrid class system functions as follows:

Each class gets an associated hybrid class. Two of these are slapped together, getting everything detailed in their hybrid class entry, but gaining the lower of the armor proficiencies, and one is capable of drawing their abilities from both classes. Some features are to a lesser, or hybrid, effect. At 1st level one is capable of taking one of a small set of feats to counteract one of the deficits levied, such as gaining the full of the armor proficiencies, to making it so a class benefit works on abilities from both classes instead of the class it came from, so on. You level both together as one class, as essentially it is one class, and because multiclassing in 4e means using feat slots to gain aspects of the class you want to multiclass into (which VMC is closest to.)

Eldaran
2015-06-12, 02:29 AM
VMC is definitely the easiest and official way of doing it. You could also use gestalt rules to make a more high powered version of it.

Psyren
2015-06-12, 06:46 AM
Take VMC and buff it slightly for some of the classes and you're pretty much there.