PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Urgent help needed! Suggest me a monster!

Kol Korran
2015-06-12, 05:50 AM
Hey folks, I'm DMing a game in a couple of hours, and I came to realize I don't like one of the end encounters. Short deal is this- Two PCs (assume 15th level equivalent, Barbarian and Ninja) and 2 support casters (9th level wizard and cleric. The focus is entirely on the PCs) will be going through 2-3 encounters in which the defeat cells of spies from a demonic invasion into their land. I was thinking of a corrupt copper dragon for the last encounter, as the head of the infiltration net, but I don't like it. I don't want to put a dragon in. I want to do something instead.

So what am I looking at?
- An encounter of CR 14 or so, preferably with 1-2 monsters.
- should be entries already existing in the PFSRD. I can tweak them bit, but I can't quite go on to build something from scratch, game is soon.
- should be able to infiltrate the palace of a mostly humanoid country, who has been fighting demons for a long time.
- preferably NOT a demon, but it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to see how it works for the demons.
- Preferably something unexpected, but not a must. But a fun challenge is (Need not be over powering).

I sure hope I can find something in such a short time, so.... help please? :smalltongue:

Ettina
2015-06-12, 07:21 AM
An evil cleric of some sort?

Karl Aegis
2015-06-12, 07:31 AM
If it were 3.5e I would just go with a Yak Folk Beguiler 8 and a Genie Rogue 4.

Spore
2015-06-12, 10:09 AM
Rakshasa Tataka. They tend to make deals with anyone who can improve their worldly ranks. Possibly a dubious NPC from a previous adventure so that a PC can exclaim: "Ha, I knew she was behind it since the beginning."

Geddy2112
2015-06-12, 10:41 AM
I second the Tataka Rakshasa. They are dubiously evil, masters of infiltrating societies and very sneaky and demonlike, while not being demons.