PDA

View Full Version : Dvati Chameleons and Soulmelders

Segev
2015-06-12, 09:26 AM
The dvati race, for all its nifty concept as two bodies with one mind, has a bit of a mess for its rules. Normally, I prefer to try to discuss was to house rule around them, but in this case, I'm wondering if something is workable without bothering - i.e., by taking them by the RAW.

Can a dvati-by-the-RAW have each body take a different selection of soulmelds? Do they have distinct pools of Essentia? Can they choose different foci from their Chameleon class feature? They can't choose a different floating feat; feats are expressly called out as "must be the same." But is the rest also locked to being the same on both of them?

Flickerdart
2015-06-12, 09:32 AM
Well, the entry reads "You select feats, skills, and other abilities for both twins. Do not choose them separately. ... A pair of dvati twins shares all class abilities and spells slots between them." This leads me to believe that you cannot prepare different soulmelds, because when you are doing so, you are selecting abilities, and they must be the same.

Psyren
2015-06-12, 09:36 AM
As Flickerdart mentioned, you share abilities. This means one pool of essentia, chakra binds, soulmelds shaped and max soulmelds. You would however gain two sets of chakras (because you have two bodies) and because using soulmelds doesn't require concentration, you could activate them separately. So both twins could probably shape the Acid Spit soulmeld and fire at the same or different enemy targets. One would likely be weaker than the other though due to having less essentia left over for that twin.