PDA

View Full Version : House Min'Doan - Chasm

Gryndel
2015-06-12, 10:47 AM
Kirzen

The Tithe Taker turned to Frixal and handed her the headband of teleport as she said, “Take one of the officers, two of the soldiers, and your riding lizard. Leave your bugbear zombie here to help guard the entrance. I want you to explore the other caves and tunnels on this side of the chasm. Keep in mind that the highest priority is that this cave be kept secure and unknown to others. Any creatures you think you can capture as slaves can be returned here, and we will send them through the portal. Kill others, or leave them alone and make certain they are not aware of your presence. Above all, be absolutely confident that none follow you back here or see you return.”

Metroid33
2015-06-13, 02:54 PM
Frixal

"Alright then boys" Frixal says as she hopes back onto her lizard she points to the closest officer and says "Pick the two you deem strongest of the soldiers and follow me" Frixal then gestures the lizard to move to the front of the cave knowing the soldiers would be right behind her.

Gryndel
2015-06-14, 07:18 AM
Any spells cast before leaving? Looks like you need to complete your spell lists.

The drow officer signaled two of the warriors to join him, then followed Frixal obediently. Once outside the cave entrance, it appeared as nothing more than a small fissure. Noting the location well so that they might find it again later, the small group moved into the chasm. Indirect sunlight illuminated the area more brightly than any of the drow were accustomed, but it was not bright enough down here to inhibit their sight yet.

Starting to the left, they moved with the stealth natural to their race and according to their training and habits. The floor and wall of the chasm was irregular, yet the wall was almost always perfectly vertical. The riding lizard would have no problem navigating it, which would give Frixal the advantage of height over the chasm floor. This would also allow her to search above the floor for openings above the floor. The two warriors spread out slightly with the officer several paces behind, all holding their hand crossbows ready. The bugbear zombie shuffled behind them, and while not as silent as the furtive drow it made little noise as it moved along.

It was not long before they found the first opening, a dozen feet or so above the chasm floor. It was an crooked fissure only a few feet wide in the middle and 15’ high, narrowing to inches at top and bottom. While it was not of a size or shape usable by many creatures, it was notable and worth checking out.

Metroid33
2015-06-16, 09:24 AM
Alright I'm setting up my spell list finally then I'll get on and make a post.

Gryndel
2015-08-30, 06:08 AM
Still with us? I've been waiting to hear that you have your spells ready and to post, but its been a couple of months now so thought I'd ask.