PDA

View Full Version : Rakshasccubus, Lichfiend, Worm that Walks and worse (Rules, and OP help)

Zakerst
2015-06-12, 11:05 AM
I've got a few more questions regarding the monstrosity that is She's a gestalt of the two monster classes as printed in Savage Species, Rakshasa and Succubus, taking at least one level of Sorcerer, with the ruling(s) that the HD gained from the classes are both Racial HD and class HD, for effects that care about either, with the most favorable result, [giving her Sorcerer equivalent casting on each HD]. She also picked up Mother Cyst.
With this in mind she takes at least one level of Sorcerer to meet the entry requirements for WtW, and already meeting the requirements for Lichfiend , my Rakshasa//Succubus becoming a Lichfiend is pretty straight forward as is becoming a worm that walks {individually}, I've even calculated it to be about a 69% chance at level 14 (the earliest I can get in and preform the ritual myself).

So the fallowing questions still nag at me (in no particular order, if changing the order would be helpful let me know):

1./2. What is the end result on my stat line of becoming a Lichfiend killing myself to get a corpse of myself returning due to Lichfiend burying the body and preforming the ritual, and then having the body become a WtW? From my first read through its going to be a bit resource heavy but, result in a Lichfiend self and a WtW self, with the later maybe also being a Lichfiend, does this seem to be the case to you?

3. What is the typing change of the WtW template? All the example WtW that I can find are Aberrations and the epic spell also mentions type change to Aberration, but the template itself says Ooze but then calls out gaining the HP increase from ooze, which seems redundant but I also know Wizards seemed to not care about the rules when making examples...

4. What is supposed to be the end type result of the above processes? From the type pyramid it looks like either Undead or Outsider depending on if Lichfiend changes your type to undead or not (I'm inclined to think it does), though it also calls out there being "rare exceptions" might this be one of them?

5. Would it be easier/better to just accept/make an exception for allowing Exey have multiple types and take all the things that affect either? Or would that be too much/have too many side effects?

6. About how much further would/should I take Exey to be on par with the Elder Evil Worm That Walks?

7. Do you think it a good idea for Exey to take levels in Ur Priest and then pick up Mystic Theurge, though at that point the game may have gotten to low epic...

rockdeworld
2015-06-12, 04:24 PM
1./2. This is heavily in "ask your DM" territory. Though the "Worm That Walks Characters" section suggests differently, by RAW, a dead corpse is an "object" and not an "evil wizard or sorcerer", which is required to apply the WtW template. So by RAW, WtW can only be applied to Exey himself, and not any bodies he has lying around. If you want to go non-RAW, that's where the DM comes in. However, if you do want to go by RAW, Lichfiends are corporeal, so you could apply the WtW template to yourself. If you do, your stat adjustments are: Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +2 (Edit: and Con -)

3. WtW changes your type to aberration. As you said, ignore examples.

4. Aberration. It goes: Outsider -(Lichfiend)-> Undead -(WtW)-> Abberation.

5. Ask your DM.

6. No answer. I haven't seen it.

7. No, not if it's low-epic. Epic spells >>> levelled-spells

Zakerst
2015-06-12, 08:47 PM
Awesome at least I have some answers it seems, so for 1./2. it seems as though the ritual requires the body of the intended target to be buried.
And my Con comes back as Exey would now be an Aberration.

and I kinda figured on 7. but I doubt the DM will be letting much slide on the epic spell front (its as of right now "we'll cross the bridge when we come to it, but don't expect to get away with all the silliness you read about.")

And it seems like a no on 5.

thanks for the input if anyone else would like to weigh in go for it, as always any general advice would be accepted and appreciated. :smallsmile:

rockdeworld
2015-06-13, 04:43 AM
And my Con comes back as Exey would now be an Aberration.
Sorry, I forgot about that. As far as I know, the Con score doesn't come back, so your character still doesn't have a Con score. I thought I recalled some ruling that the score became 10 if an undead changed creature types, but on investigation I couldn't find it.

Zakerst
2015-06-14, 06:37 PM
Hmm ok, I may have to out that in the Q&A RAW thread.

Also it looks like I'm going to be going up against a rather weird party make up, including a treant monk, a super skill monkey changeling rogue, a jester//hex blade, a Sherlock Holmes type of thing and two completely unknown threats only one of which is likely to be a full caster.

With that in mind does any one have any thoughts on how I should go about becoming an evil on par with the elder evil Worm That Walks?

Zilzmaer
2015-06-15, 01:13 AM
Savage Species introduced the concept of the type pyramid explicitly to aid in applying multiple templates. Undead, Outsider, and Construct are at the top of the pyramid, meaning that it is difficult or impossible to change type away from any of them. It's up to your DM whether you're Outsider or Undead, but you won't be Aberration.