PDA

View Full Version : The Magic of Faerun Flying Enchantment

Khatoblepas
2015-06-12, 05:42 PM
Okay, I tried asking this question in the RAW thread, but they wouldn't accept it because of Oriental Adventures' Flying enchantment superceding it. So, I guess I'll open it up to a more general questioning.

How does the Flying Enchantment (Magic of Faerun) interact with a Monk's unarmed strike? Does the monk gain the ability to fly, or does his unarmed strike become it's own creature (similar to a Stand in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)? Let's assume for the purposes of this question the Monk gains Flying through a level of Kensai, so it's not an item granting him the ability, but himself.

How does the Flying Enchantment interact with unarmed strike and the Sizing enchantment? Would it be possible to create a Colossal Animated Object that is also an unarmed strike?

Can you cast Awaken Construct on a Flying weapon?

Can a Fiend of Possession possess the Flying weapon as a creature, as a weapon, or both?

The enchantment I'm talking about is this one:

Flying:
A flying weapon can fly at speed 30 feet and is
treated as an animated object with hardness and hit points
equal to a typical weapon of its kind. A flying weapon fol-
lows orders subject to the limits of its ability (it has no In-
telligence) but can be ordered to guard a location just as an
animated skeleton can. Only melee weapons can have the
flying ability.

If an unarmed strike can be made into a weapon, and a Fiend of Possession can possess both the weapon and the creature that is the Flying weapon, then that would open the door to a lot of fun to be had making Stands. But, until I know how this would interact, I cannot go any further with my build idea.

animewatcha
2015-06-12, 09:19 PM
Was the animated enchantment before this flying enchantment?

Khatoblepas
2015-06-12, 09:36 PM
Animated only applies to shields, though, and is a different enchantment altogether.

animewatcha
2015-06-12, 10:06 PM
Is there anything similar to the animated enchantment though. Like Dancing? I can't help but think that this 'fly enchantment' was like a prototype or something.

nyjastul69
2015-06-12, 10:27 PM
Out of curiosity, how are weapon enhancements applied to unarmed strikes without house rules?

ZamielVanWeber
2015-06-12, 10:34 PM
Out of curiosity, how are weapon enhancements applied to unarmed strikes without house rules?

Necklace of Natural attacks from Savage Species. It can apply weapon enhancements to any natural weapon, unarmed strikes included.

nyjastul69
2015-06-12, 10:45 PM
Necklace of Natural attacks from Savage Species. It can apply weapon enhancements to any natural weapon, unarmed strikes included.

Right, sorry, that was a gross oversight on my part. Please continue with your regularly scheduled discussion. :/

captain fubar
2015-06-13, 02:40 AM
assuming your table isn't using OA your monk,s natural weapon(s) would become animated objects with a fly speed. mechanically I see a few ways this might work.

option 1. your fists fly and pull you behind them congrats you are superman.

option 2. one or more of your limbs detach and fly around the area without you this is silly but so are many monk tricks like say the throwing enhancement.
2a. the flying enhancement has no clause for reattaching when your done. finally a use for Regenerate
2b. in order for your limbs to count as objects to be animated you may need to sever them in advance you deranged masochist lol.

Bullet06320
2015-06-13, 05:13 AM
2b. in order for your limbs to count as objects to be animated you may need to sever them in advance you deranged masochist lol.

willing deformity? im sure that could lead to some interesting choices