PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Environmancer(s)

Threadnaught
2015-06-12, 07:48 PM
Hello to you playgrounders, we have rooted out those with certain preconceptions and each of us here is an individual united by one common goal.
Some of you may remember an older thread I made with the exact same topic and the same overall goal. I want a group of Epic Characters based on certain Terrain types, thus Environmenal PrCs will be important.

For the Races, I have decided to use Warforged and the Races introduced in Chapter 3 of each book in the Races series. That's Illumian, Goliath and Raptoran. As for the last Race, I think Human because RAW, but I feel Changeling would be a much better use of the Urban Soul PrC, being able to blend into almost any society, unsure if I'd be able to qualify for racial feats of multiple races though, is that RAW? I want as rules legal as possible.

For Alignment purposes, every one of these characters is EVIL, as in old Belkar spliced with Xykon, Redcloak and the guy who wrote the ending to Mass Effect 3.

Besides Alignment, there is one more condition that is non-negotiable. 9th level Casting, four of the characters are full Casters whom I want to be able to cast 9th level Spells. Besides that, power isn't too important and I can afford to lose several Caster Levels, as long as 9th level Casting is achieved.

Raptoran: Sha'ir 10/Stormcaster 10/Stormtalon 10. Sky Environment, with Sky Environmental PrCs. Simple enough, no help needed here. At all, I'll sort out everything.

Human/Changeling: Cleric 20/Urban Soul 10. City Environment, with City Environmental PrC. I could manage to trick the game's prereqs using the Adaptation section of Urban Soul, but there's a way to qualify as another Race for PrCs with Changeling, right? Also, any 10 level PrCs to advance Cleric Casting enough for me to get access to 9th level Spells while still having access to the City Domain, that are more interesting than straight Cleric?

Goliath: Druid 20/Earth Dreamer 5/Stonespeaker Guardian 5. Earth Environment, with Earth Environmental PrCs. Okay, so first of all, LA Buyoff at level 3 is a must. Then we get to the issue of Wild Shape, it ends progression at 25th level, there aren't any forms of HD any higher than 25, are there? I know I could use Natural Bond to strengthen the Animal Companion, which I'm considering enhancing further with the Goliath's 6th level Druid Substitution.
And also, any PrCs besides Planar Shepherd that advance Wild Shape and Animal Companion? Earth Dreamer and Stonespeaker Guardian progress Casting enough to hit 9ths.
No suggestions for Walker in the Waste, that Class does nothing for the cold.
I could really use the Natural Rudisplorker eggynack's help, but he's my sworn enemy, shame. At least he Rudisplorks.

Warforged/Illumian: I dunno really, I did go against playground advice for the Wizard though.

Wizard 20/Sea Witch 10, I considered Stormcaster, but it really seems more Sky based. Any interesting PrCs for Wizard that let them do cool stuff with water/oceans? I looked at Lord of the Tides, but it requires 2nd level Divine Spells, I want to avoid Southern Magician if possible, especially since the Racial prereq states "no". Frost Mage is a no as well, the ice and snow of the polar ice caps are more like Druid territory.

Now here's the hard stuff, the Artificer. Artificer 20, obviously, but I'm a little at odds with the lack of cool PrC support for Artificer, also the only PrCs I've seen involving interplanar travel seem rather lacking. Do I just go Artificer 30? If so, how do I stave off the boredom? Let's be honest, single Class 30, with no dependence on a particular location, it's a bit boring isn't it? Why Artificer have no cool stuff?

I could use a fair bit of help making the final decision for each of these character builds. I'm saving these guys for Campaigns where Epic Spellcasting ain't a thing.