PDA

View Full Version : Ex skills

arixe
2015-06-13, 09:16 AM
My dm is thinking of doing this ex skill thing like in sword art and wants the player opinions he said they would function sort of like a quest and player that meets the criteria gets the skill. I was wanting the all knowing internets opinion. Im a ranger planing on becoming an assassin.

hymer
2015-06-13, 09:23 AM
My dm is thinking of doing this ex skill thing like in sword art and wants the player opinions he said they would function sort of like a quest and player that meets the criteria gets the skill. I was wanting the all knowing internets opinion. Im a ranger planing on becoming an assassin.

What system are we talking about? I don't know 'sword art', so I'm pretty confused. Is the DM proposing to add more skills that you can get by completing quests?
Anyway, it all depends an awful lot of what kind of game you're playing. If it is (as I suspect) D&D 3.5, you should ask in the appropriate subforum.

arixe
2015-06-13, 10:02 AM
Its 3.5 and its sao sword art online its a anime/manga

Maglubiyet
2015-06-13, 10:11 AM
So what is this "ex skill thing"? I'm not familiar with Sword Art Online. You need to go on a quest to gain a new skill or class or something?

Anonymouswizard
2015-06-13, 10:23 AM
So what is this "ex skill thing"? I'm not familiar with Sword Art Online. You need to go on a quest to gain a new skill or class or something?

As far as I remember they are special skills/abilities unique to the person, with the examples I remember being dual wielding and the ability to use a shield as a weapon.

They are interesting, but I prefer 'personal spells' (the same idea, but with magic) thanks to Fate/Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works.

arixe
2015-06-13, 10:26 AM
Interesting ill bring it up with him im pretty sure i posted this thread in the wrong place sorry about that new to the forum. Its like a unique passive ability. In sao its stuff like dual wielding and beast taming stuff

Arbane
2015-06-13, 01:20 PM
As far as I remember they are special skills/abilities unique to the person, with the examples I remember being dual wielding and the ability to use a shield as a weapon.

In D&D, I think they call those "Feats". (This is for D&D, right?)

TheThan
2015-06-13, 01:22 PM
sounds like fighting game terminology.

But really without having any information about our game. it's hard to say anything at all.