PDA

View Full Version : New fighting styles

PoeticDwarf
2015-06-13, 11:29 AM
Anyone ideas for more fighting styles for paladin/fighter/ranger.

Maybe a +10ft speed for ranger and fighter.

Or a fighting style giving you a shieldmaster (like the feat, but weaker) thing for paladin and fighter.

Kerleth
2015-06-13, 03:05 PM
I have a couple here:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?410757-Warriors-of-Renown-New-options-for-fighters!

Personally, I'm looking at fighting styles as approaches to combat. Whereas one person might be defined by their weapon choice, another person may be defined by the fact that they always charge straight in and try to bring combat to a close as quickly as possible. I'm looking to add more as time goes on, so any suggestions would be welcomed.

PoeticDwarf
2015-06-14, 06:50 AM
I have a couple here:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?410757-Warriors-of-Renown-New-options-for-fighters!

Personally, I'm looking at fighting styles as approaches to combat. Whereas one person might be defined by their weapon choice, another person may be defined by the fact that they always charge straight in and try to bring combat to a close as quickly as possible. I'm looking to add more as time goes on, so any suggestions would be welcomed.

Nice, I think I can do something with those.

Kane0
2015-06-14, 04:38 PM
Skirmishing (movement for bonus AC or damage)
Gladiator (single combat)

Versatile, polearm and unarmed equivalents for dual wield, dueling and two handed
Dirty fighting (bonuses vs suprised, incapacitated, prone targets)
Assault (extra initiative or damage on first attack on your turn)
Mobility (speed increase and/or jumping bonuses)
Guerilla (climb and swim speeds)

Naanomi
2015-06-14, 06:06 PM
A throwing weapon style would be nice

Easy_Lee
2015-06-14, 06:57 PM
Some ideas:

Versatile Fighter - whenever you make a one-handed attack with a versatile weapon, your next two-handed attack with the same weapon has advantage.
Master Thrower - you may draw a thrown weapon as part of the attack action. Your thrown weapons do not suffer penalties when thrown in melee and ignore cover bonuses to AC.
Main Gauche - while wielding a dagger, you have +1 AC and may ignore the light requirement for two weapon fighting.

PoeticDwarf
2015-06-16, 07:37 AM
Wow, thank you for the reactions. I can do something with this.