PDA

View Full Version : [3.X] Advice On a Build and Character.

ekarney
2015-06-13, 12:54 PM
I'm starting a new campaign soon and my DM has told me it's going to be heavily fluff based, and that whilst optimization won't be an issue, he'd like to see interesting character concepts and isn't worried about tiers.

I've pitched this idea to him, and I'd like to get the Playground's thoughts on both the fluff, and the crunch.

Crunch:
Artificer 5/Alchemist Savant 5/ Renegade Mastermaker 10

Notes: All non-unique Artificer feats (Scribe scroll, brew potion) that I gain from the class progression will be replaced with Fighter bonus feats, and I'll have d8 hit die for Artificer - DM approved.
Until I hit my first level of Alchemist Savant I'll be using a crossbow of which type I'm undecided, Giantitp feel free to make suggestions. Upon becoming an Alchemist Savant I'll start using a Gnome Calculus with the Aptitude enhancement (Crossbow) to sling flasks of nastiness.

Fluff:
My current idea is to play a LG bartender who's recently sold his bar in order to go out into a certain valley the DM has homebrewed and attempt to use his excellent alchemy skills to assist the people of the Valley, seeing as they're plagued by war.
The idea for his personality is that he'll essentially be a less caffeinated/hyperactive Mordin Solus, very dedicated to his work and eager to learn. He's chatty, yet doesn't actively start conversations seeing as he's a pretty socially passive person.

Eventually, his desire to help people will drive him to desperate measures around level 8 - 9. He'll start seeing that preventing problems is better than curing them, and instead of focussing on paying off/defending towns against the rampant mercenary gangs of the kingdom, he'll start to think that eliminating them might be the better option, and the same for the diseases instead of just trying to cure them, he'll realise that it might be better if the people were immune to diseases, thus becoming a renegade mastermaker, he'll stay true to his alignment though and won't force the procedure on anyone other than himself. His own body is fair play however for gruesome and near-insane experiments such as the battlefist.

The other party members are going to be a Centaur Knight based on Kamina from Gurren Lagann, and a typical Tibbit Rogue.

So Giantitp, any thoughts/ideas/criticisms?

I want my crunch to be fun in combat so I don't want to constantly be doing the same thing.