PDA

View Full Version : Overly Attached Girlfriend

Ettina
2015-06-13, 07:33 PM
So, I'm making a character modeled after the Overly Attached Girlfriend meme. Trying to start her out at around 3rd or 4th level.
So, I'm thinking she'll need charm & domination spells, divination (to spy on her honey), proficiency with a butcher knife, and probably the ability to make poisons. Also, I think some of the spells in BOEF would be good, particularly the ones about screwing over exes or forcing someone to love you.
Anything else?

dafrca
2015-06-13, 08:10 PM
So is your character going to be "hunting" one of the other characters in the party?

To me, unless that is the case, it seems like a back story that will wear thing quickly.

Marlowe
2015-06-13, 08:17 PM
Not every "overly attachment girlfriend" has to be a psycho yandere.

There's also the long-suffering girl next door type who strives to get the heroes attention with attentive behaviour and pushing herself to the limit in spite of the obvious fact he's a narcissistic imbecile who only has eyes for psychotic NPCs who don't even want to give him the time of day and are probably on the Big Bad's payroll into the bargain.

Because, of course, there's only two types of girls in the world.:smallsmile:

Venger
2015-06-13, 08:21 PM
So, I'm making a character modeled after the Overly Attached Girlfriend meme. Trying to start her out at around 3rd or 4th level.
So, I'm thinking she'll need charm & domination spells, divination (to spy on her honey), proficiency with a butcher knife, and probably the ability to make poisons. Also, I think some of the spells in BOEF would be good, particularly the ones about screwing over exes or forcing someone to love you.
Anything else?

roll telepath and never look back. does everything you need.

nedz
2015-06-13, 09:04 PM
Anything else?

Beguiler covers almost this whole list — and there's Arcane Disciple for the rest. Also comes with enough skill points to cover her other interests.

MyrPsychologist
2015-06-13, 09:13 PM
My first thought was a truenamer for the level 20 ability. Just make her truename REALLY vague so whenever the object of her affection says just about anything she teleports right next to him. Then he'll never get away. Ever.

Abithrios
2015-06-14, 01:28 AM
Beguiler covers almost this whole list — and there's Arcane Disciple for the rest. Also comes with enough skill points to cover her other interests.
Implying she has interests other than her relationship...

My first thought was a truenamer for the level 20 ability. Just make her truename REALLY vague so whenever the object of her affection says just about anything she teleports right next to him. Then he'll never get away. Ever.

Maybe he has some preexisting verbal tic and she uses powerful magic to change the word that calls her.

That would go along with the theme of pouring way more or herself into the relationship than is healthy.

khadgar567
2015-06-14, 01:52 AM
I really dont want to give her more dakka but realy want to look this one (http://linuxdigital.net/img/DnD-3.5/Supplements/Magic/Encyclopaedia%20Arcane/Nymphology%20-%20Blue%20Magic.pdf) and this one (http://linuxdigital.net/img/DnD-3.5/Supplements/Classes/Quintessential/The%20Quintessential%20Temptress.pdf)

Ettina
2015-06-14, 08:28 AM
So is your character going to be "hunting" one of the other characters in the party?

To me, unless that is the case, it seems like a back story that will wear thing quickly.

A DMPC, actually, with the DM's consent.

nyjastul69
2015-06-14, 08:37 AM
A DMPC, actually, with the DM's consent.
There really is no such thing as a DMPC. Everything controlled by the DM is, by definition, a NPC.

khadgar567
2015-06-14, 08:53 AM
There really is no such thing as a DMPC. Everything controlled by the DM is, by definition, a NPC.
he means dm is one of the players and the main story teller (those days are really fun). I play that version in my elementary school group and its hell of a fun we played 5 years

Urpriest
2015-06-14, 09:06 AM
Don't forget Were-Dire-Weasel, for the Attach ability.

Jay R
2015-06-14, 09:40 AM
The Overly Attached Girlfriend class is unoptimized. I recommend that you take an ordinary Girlfriend Class, with the Needy and Selfish traits, the Crazy template, and the Cause a Scene and Burst Into Tears feats.

roko10
2015-06-14, 09:55 AM
The Overly Attached Girlfriend class is unoptimized. I recommend that you take an ordinary Girlfriend Class, with the Needy and Selfish traits, the Crazy template, and the Cause a Scene and Burst Into Tears feats.

Yeah, but the Overly Attached Girlfriend class is the only way to get into the Yandere PrC, which is really, really good. It also does not eat up LA, either.

Blackhawk748
2015-06-14, 10:07 AM
Yeah, but the Overly Attached Girlfriend class is the only way to get into the Yandere PrC, which is really, really good. It also does not eat up LA, either.

Guys... you may want to check out the GitP Regulars as PrCs, as im pretty sure Snowbluff got a Yandere PrC.

So ya, thats a thing now.

paranoidbox
2015-06-14, 11:15 AM
Uh oh! Some people's misogyny is showing :smallwink:

Segev
2015-06-14, 11:23 AM
I'm honestly unsure how you expect this to play out in a party. What do you envision this character doing in the game?

Socksy
2015-06-14, 12:23 PM
Don't forget Were-Dire-Weasel, for the Attach ability.

I almost snorted a pringle out my nose!

Telepath is definitely the way to go. Ignore your physical stats- you're going to be Mind Switch-ing into his new girlfriend's body when he inevitably breaks up with you!

Venger
2015-06-14, 12:24 PM
I almost snorted a pringle out my nose!

Telepath is definitely the way to go. Ignore your physical stats- you're going to be Mind Switch-ing into his new girlfriend's body when he inevitably breaks up with you!

true mind switch or go home. mind switch will, at most, last for a couple hours

Socksy
2015-06-14, 12:28 PM
true mind switch or go home. mind switch will, at most, last for a couple hours

You won't be a high enough level for a long time.
Unless you can get a Pearl of Power with it.
Otherwise, Mind Switch and Permanency will have to do ):

It depends whether you have access to a high-level psion with dubious enough morals to sell you a True Mind Switch or not.

...ooooh, or play a doppelganger!

Venger
2015-06-14, 12:39 PM
You won't be a high enough level for a long time.
Unless you can get a Pearl of Power with it.
Otherwise, Mind Switch and Permanency will have to do ):

It depends whether you have access to a high-level psion with dubious enough morals to sell you a True Mind Switch or not.

...ooooh, or play a doppelganger!

just use a power stone. it's not like you'd be doing this all that often. (pearl of power lets you recall a prepared spell, power stone is the psionic version of a scroll)

you can't permanency mind switch. (psionic version is called incarnate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/incarnate.htm) ) if you could, they probably wouldn't have bothered to print true mind switch.

all psions have dubious morals. especially telepaths. you can't have those sorts of powers and not do stuff like this.

or just roll changeling.

Socksy
2015-06-14, 12:43 PM
just use a power stone. it's not like you'd be doing this all that often. (pearl of power lets you recall a prepared spell, power stone is the psionic version of a scroll)

That's the one I meant :D

Psyren
2015-06-14, 12:48 PM
I think it's a funny concept provided you don't target any of the other players in the party. Getting lovelorn/stabby for every enemy you fight is as valid a reason to become an enchantress as any.

ShurikVch
2015-06-14, 12:49 PM
Psion-Egoist 17 (!!!)/Arch Psion (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20021122b)
High Psionics: Innate Psionics (Fusion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/fusion.htm))
Feat: Persistent Power

You will be inseparable! :smallwink:

nyjastul69
2015-06-14, 12:54 PM
he means dm is one of the players and the main story teller (those days are really fun). I play that version in my elementary school group and its hell of a fun we played 5 years

The DM is never a player, by definition. I understand the broken concept however. Again, anything controlled by the DM is a NPC.

Venger
2015-06-14, 01:04 PM
Psion-Egoist 17 (!!!)/Arch Psion (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20021122b)
High Psionics: Innate Psionics (Fusion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/fusion.htm))

well, psion 5/xx7/archpsion5/xx3, but your point still stands. very funny.

Marlowe
2015-06-15, 12:03 AM
Uh oh! Some people's misogyny is showing :smallwink:

If they want their 'ships to end up as a Nice Boat, there's obviously we can do except watch them get what they want.

paranoidbox
2015-06-15, 06:26 AM
If they want their 'ships to end up as a Nice Boat, there's obviously we can do except watch them get what they want.

I had to do some googling to parse that sentence, but I think I understood!

Anyway, by all means, they are free to do as they wish. I'm never one to make waves.

Flickerdart
2015-06-15, 07:30 AM

I'm curious if there was ever a 3.5 adaptation of either Persistent Power or Archpsion that would allow them to be used in the 3.5 psionics system.

Psyren
2015-06-15, 07:50 AM
I'm curious if there was ever a 3.5 adaptation of either Persistent Power or Archpsion that would allow them to be used in the 3.5 psionics system.

Hyperconscious by Bruce Cordell has a 3.5-usable Persistent Power. You need to maintain a focus for every power you want to persist with it, unless you also take the Permanent Focus feat in the same book. It also has some neat PrCs like Colorless Adept (psionic MotAO), Chronorebel (a time mage PrC), Ghosbreaker (psionic anti-undead gish, notable for its full BAB, 5/5 casting and granting/advancing turn undead) and updated Psionic Combat rules.

I haven't seen anything for Archpsion but converting it shouldn't be hard.

Flickerdart
2015-06-15, 08:00 AM
I haven't seen anything for Archpsion but converting it shouldn't be hard.
I'm mostly hung up on the different progressions for PP and powers known/ML - 3.5's psi PrCs don't really do that. Letting it progress PP at all levels would make it considerably more powerful, while doing something like 3/5 progression would make it pretty much useless.

But hey, at least they let it progress the entering class at all, unlike every single PrC in the PsiH. :smallannoyed:

Marlowe
2015-06-15, 08:12 AM
I had to do some googling to parse that sentence, but I think I understood!

Anyway, by all means, they are free to do as they wish. I'm never one to make waves.

I'm sure we can hand them their head.

Psyren
2015-06-15, 08:18 AM
I'm mostly hung up on the different progressions for PP and powers known/ML - 3.5's psi PrCs don't really do that. Letting it progress PP at all levels would make it considerably more powerful, while doing something like 3/5 progression would make it pretty much useless.

But hey, at least they let it progress the entering class at all, unlike every single PrC in the PsiH. :smallannoyed:

Just make it 5/5 like the Archmage.

Actually, on rereading the Archmage, it doesn't give you any CL unless you take the Spell Power arcana. I never noticed that before.

Flickerdart
2015-06-15, 09:20 AM
Actually, on rereading the Archmage, it doesn't give you any CL unless you take the Spell Power arcana. I never noticed that before.
Yeah, this has come up in the dysfunction thread a few times. RAI it's pretty clear, from looking at other instances of spell-progressing PrCs, that it should advance CL, but they never explicitly wrote it down for archmage.

ShurikVch
2015-06-15, 09:39 AM
Yeah, this has come up in the dysfunction thread a few times. RAI it's pretty clear, from looking at other instances of spell-progressing PrCs, that it should advance CL, but they never explicitly wrote it down for archmage.Actually, it was a commonplace to all earlier spellcasting PrCs:
they are all progressed spells per day (and, sometimes, spells known too), but not a CL

Flickerdart
2015-06-15, 09:50 AM
Actually, it was a commonplace to all earlier spellcasting PrCs:
they are all progressed spells per day (and, sometimes, spells known too), but not a CL
Not true. Of the seven casting PrCs in the DMG, five (eldritch knight, thaumaturgist, loremaster, mystic theurge, and red wizard) make reference to increasing CL, and two (archmage, arcane trickster) do not explicitly refer to increasing CL - arcane trickster refers to "an increased effective level of spellcasting" which might be considered to include CL, and archmage only mentions spells known and per day.

ShurikVch
2015-06-15, 10:09 AM
Not true. Of the seven casting PrCs in the DMG, five (eldritch knight, thaumaturgist, loremaster, mystic theurge, and red wizard) make reference to increasing CL, and two (archmage, arcane trickster) do not explicitly refer to increasing CL - arcane trickster refers to "an increased effective level of spellcasting" which might be considered to include CL, and archmage only mentions spells known and per day.There you refer to 3.5 DMG.
Out of those all, only Loremaster was in the 3.0 DMG; it indeed got +CL, but it wasn't standard until way into 3.5

Flickerdart
2015-06-15, 10:13 AM
it wasn't standard until way into 3.5
If by "way into 3.5" you mean "in the first book of the edition to have PrCs".

ShurikVch
2015-06-15, 10:28 AM
If by "way into 3.5" you mean "in the first book of the edition to have PrCs".I mean, there were lapses in DMG, (IIRR) Complete Arcane, and Book of Exalted Deeds

DMVerdandi
2015-06-15, 08:24 PM
Overly Attached Girlfriend
Chaotic Evil

Factotum 1/Erudite(convert spell to power ACF)XX

Feats
Able Learner
Extend power
Persistant power[take later]
Heighten power[take later]
Practiced Manifester
Psionic meditation[take later]

Equipment
Commoner's clothing

Take factotum to gain all skills, to which you can put points into certain ones like intimidate,survival, the physical skills, knowledge, gather information, hide, move silently, sense motive, and anything else to help stalking purposes.

With spell to power, take lots of spells that buff the Overly attached girlfriend into an engine of destruction.
also, eventually obtain some way to make magical items, as a powerstone with a power that helps stalk is always beneficial.

Also, use the erudites ability to steal powers from others often, as they just increase the potency of the GF that never quits.

DMVerdandi
2015-06-15, 10:05 PM
Also potentially interesting idea...

Make her a cleric of the boyfriend...

Cleric xx/Divine Disciple 5
Give her the Madness,Lust, and Envy domains.
Take the spontaneous domain casting ACF and choose envy.

You gain spells from showing faith and devotion towards your obsession.
Holy Symbol would be a locket with the boyfriend's picture and a lock of his hair.
See if you can take lost tradition[3rd party] and cast with charisma, and role-play the low wisdom thing.

Darkweave31
2015-06-15, 11:59 PM
Have Fun! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=13157506&postcount=3) Or should I say... sweet dreams.

Marlowe
2015-06-16, 12:23 AM
*snip*

How incredibly ironic that somebody with your name posts an EVIL girlfriend build.