PDA

View Full Version : Seed: Transform

karvas
2015-06-14, 08:54 AM
I have a doubt, the transformation seed says that if u apply the + 25CD factor the target turns into a creature specifies, in this case, if the caster develop a spell where the target becomes a creature specifies (himself) the target becomes the caster?

For example, a 25-level caster casts this spell in a warrior also level 25, the warrior becomes a "copy" of the caster?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/seeds/transform.htm

ExLibrisMortis
2015-06-14, 09:00 AM
Yes, you can make a spell that turns someone into a copy of yourself. It would be quite a high spellcraft DC, due to the number of abilities you're transferring, and you'd need to take care of memories and mental ability scores separately.

The eidolon spell proved me wrong, there you go.

karvas
2015-06-14, 09:08 AM
Interesting, but the factor + 25DC would no longer cause the target had the mental ability of the caster? Since the own spell description says what remains and what changes with transformation? Still, could you give me an example of a spell, with the final cd where the target would become the copy of the caster?

thank you

The transform seed can also change its target into someone specific. To transform an object or creature into the specific likeness of another individual (including memories and mental abilities), increase the Spellcraft DC by +25

The transformed creature or object acquires the physical and natural abilities of the creature or object it has been changed into while retaining its own memories and mental ability scores. Mental abilities include personality, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores, level and class, hit points (despite any change in its Constitution score), alignment, base attack bonus, base saves, extraordinary abilities, spells, and spell-like abilities, but not its supernatural abilities.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-06-14, 09:55 AM
I'm not an expert on epic spellcasting, but the eidolon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/eidolon.htm) spell suggests that the +25 is everything you need, transformation-wise. That is, you don't have to add separate modifiers for transferred abilities.

(that is, my earlier post was wrong)

Bronk
2015-06-14, 10:00 AM
No, you're right, the seed says that if you transform a creature into a duplicate of yourself (assuming it's at most one size category smaller than the caster) then it gets your exact form, mental abilities, memories, and class abilities for an extra 25DC. So, if you're a character with no supernatural abilities or natural armor, you can transform a warrior into an exact duplicate of yourself, and the spell DC would be 46.

You just don't get mental scores above zero automatically when you're trying to transform an object into a creature.

If you do have supernatural abilities that'll be an extra +10DC per ability, and if you do have natural armor that'll be +1DC per two points of armor. If you have a lot of those, you might want to use the 'Wish' spell to change them into the right form first, as stated in Savage Species, then use the epic spell to do the rest.

karvas
2015-06-14, 10:06 AM
Yep

thank you