PDA

View Full Version : Can someone remind me which Eberron Deity offers the mindblade as a favored weapon?

shaikujin
2015-06-14, 10:19 AM
Can someone remind me which Eberron Deity in 3.5 offers the mindblade as a favored weapon?
Source would be appreciated as well.

I seem to have lost my notes on this and can not find the reference now.

Venger
2015-06-14, 10:43 AM
Can someone remind me which Eberron Deity in 3.5 offers the mindblade as a favored weapon?
Source would be appreciated as well.

I seem to have lost my notes on this and can not find the reference now.

The Dark. Faiths of Eberron, page 124. the sidebar on Quori religious belief. it's not with all the other deity stuff, so that's probably why you couldn't find it.

shaikujin
2015-06-14, 11:06 AM
The Dark. Faiths of Eberron, page 124. the sidebar on Quori religious belief. it's not with all the other deity stuff, so that's probably why you couldn't find it.

Thank you so very much!

Venger
2015-06-14, 11:36 AM
Thank you so very much!

happy to help. what kind of character are you building?

Mr Adventurer
2015-06-14, 11:52 AM
That suggests some sort of Soulknife/Cleric multi class, which... Ugh.

Venger
2015-06-14, 11:53 AM
That suggests some sort of Soulknife/Cleric multi class, which... Ugh.

exactly. if that's the case, I want to dissuade him from this, as you do, but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps he just planned to take the war domain through heretic of the faith.

Sian
2015-06-14, 12:20 PM
which, strictly speaking, would run into cross-setting issues, as Heretic of the Faith is a Forgotten Realms Feat (from Lost Empires of Faerun IIRC)

Venger
2015-06-14, 12:22 PM
which, strictly speaking, would run into cross-setting issues, as Heretic of the Faith is a Forgotten Realms Feat (from Lost Empires of Faerun IIRC)

it's from power of faerun.

since heretic of the faith has nothing to do with forgotten realms specifically, I don't foresee a reasonable DM complaining about this, same as I can't see one caring if you took Education in order to get into wearer of purple or what have you.

torrasque666
2015-06-14, 12:27 PM
it's from power of faerun.

since heretic of the faith has nothing to do with forgotten realms specifically, I don't foresee a reasonable DM complaining about this, same as I can't see one caring if you took Education in order to get into wearer of purple or what have you.
Actually, it does have an effect relating to the Forgotten Realms. You're declared to be False, and thus can't be raised or resurrected after death shy of Miracle or Wish.

Venger
2015-06-14, 12:41 PM
Actually, it does have an effect relating to the Forgotten Realms. You're declared to be False, and thus can't be raised or resurrected after death shy of Miracle or Wish.

well, there are no gods in eberron, so that wouldn't apply due to a lack of existence of the wall of the faithless and whatnot. besides, that's completely out of keeping with the effect of the feat anyway.

shaikujin
2015-06-14, 12:47 PM
exactly. if that's the case, I want to dissuade him from this, as you do, but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps he just planned to take the war domain through heretic of the faith.

Thanks, I really appreciate the advice!

I was just looking through some of my old build notes. I remembered I used Catalogues of Enlightenment to snag the War domain power and applied it to mindblades. (Build was around using the Mau-Jehe without Soulknife levels) But for some reason, I didn't note down the Deity or source anywhere in all 3 generations of my notes...

Was really bugging me and I still couldn't find it after 2 days of searching. Crowd-sourcing rules!

Venger
2015-06-14, 01:20 PM
Thanks, I really appreciate the advice!

I was just looking through some of my old build notes. I remembered I used Catalogues of Enlightenment to snag the War domain power and applied it to mindblades. (Build was around using the Mau-Jehe without Soulknife levels) But for some reason, I didn't note down the Deity or source anywhere in all 3 generations of my notes...

Was really bugging me and I still couldn't find it after 2 days of searching. Crowd-sourcing rules!
you're welcome. happy to help.

well, that's certainly an option as well. I thought heretic of the faith was thematically appropriate since you're intending to be a PC race but worship the quori's god, but whichever one you like better. either way will enable you to use the mindblade without soulknife levels.