PDA

View Full Version : [EMPIRE!] A Counter to the Tzaltec Response

The Blue Guard
2015-06-14, 01:26 PM
Somewhere in Rikorsial, 546 C.E.

With the process of proposal, debate, and vote suspended, the present government of the Sharixian Republic is lean. More importantly, it is mobile. Currently, it hides in a small system of caves discovered during the search for more extensive systems — preparation for a Kazul attack that feels insignificant to the Sharix now.

The room set aside for the meeting is sparse, and the furniture, if you could call it that, is made of stone. The table is square, and holds six seats on each side. Sitting with a pair of advisors to either side, the acting Prime Minister occupies half of one side. She is old, her face worn by time and the times. Unlike the Sharixian Prime Ministers of the past, her furs are undyed, the colours clashing. Her eyes are a brilliant blue, and within them burns the characteristic strength of will of her people.

"I must thank you all for coming," she began. "We are a people that seems to soon be extinguished, and so it is a pleasant surprise that there are those that would come here willing to help us."

"As I'm sure you're already aware, the Tzaltec Empire has responded to our declaration by invading us. I have no intention of allowing this invasion to last, and I request your aid in our counter-attack. We would ask for as much support as you are capable of providing, and to those not already sworn to do so we offer whatever you might wish to ask of us. Within reason, of course. We will not accept aid under the condition of subservience, for example."