PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other I... am not left-handed (skill trick)

Zaydos
2015-06-14, 06:47 PM
I... Am Not Left-Handed [Manipulation]
You are able to throw a foe off guard by quickly switching which hand holds your weapon.
Prerequisites: Bluff 3 ranks, Sleight of Hand 3 ranks.
Benefit: When wielding a weapon one-handed and with nothing in your other hand you may switch which hand you wield your weapon in as a swift action (free if you have Quick Draw) and make a DC 15 Bluff or Sleight of Hand check. If you succeed on the check enemies are considered flat-footed against your attacks with that weapon until the end of your turn. You may not use multiple manufactured weapons in the same round you use this trick.

I'm Not Left-Handed Either [Fighter, Feat]
When you switch hands in combat you can quickly flurry upon your opponent with your weapon.
Prerequisites: I Am Not Left Handed (skill trick), BAB +6.
Benefit: If you use I... Am Not Left-Handed after making a full-attack action you may immediately make a second full-attack with your other hand, but all attacks made this way suffer a -2 penalty.

Anachronity
2015-06-14, 07:46 PM
Needs to be more strictly worded, and blows feint out of the water (not that feint was great to start with).

Especially considering you acknowledge quick draw in the skill trick, what's to stop me from making them flat-footed, then drawing a second weapon before making my full set of TWF attacks? I feel that the check should also at least let them use their sense motive instead of being a static DC 15, or else should only allow one flat-footed attack.

The feat gets confusing using the quick draw TWF method, but two full-attacks in a single round is powerful in almost any circumstance. While one-handed fighters are definitely weak enough to deserve a cool boost like this, the language should perhaps be a little more clear that it is only the one other hand (i.e. for natural attackers, etc.).

How does this feat work for a thri-kreen?

Apologies if my critique seems overly harsh; I tend to focus on the negatives. It has a very good flavor, and definitely makes the most sense as a skill trick. The name of the feat does strike me as a little odd since it would presumably be the same character taking both.

Zaydos
2015-06-14, 07:52 PM
Needs to be more strictly worded, and blows feint out of the water (not that feint was great to start with).

Also unlike feint this only works once/encounter, twice as an uncanny trickster (which is probably often enough, hmm).

Especially considering you acknowledge quick draw in the skill trick, what's to stop me from making them flat-footed, then drawing a second weapon before making my full set of TWF attacks? I feel that the check should also at least let them use their sense motive instead of being a static DC 15, or else should only allow one flat-footed attack.

True I should note that you must leave the hand empty or something of the sort.

The feat gets confusing using the quick draw TWF method, but two full-attacks in a single round is powerful in almost any circumstance. While one-handed fighters are definitely weak enough to deserve a cool boost like this, the language should perhaps be a little more clear that it is only the one other hand (i.e. for natural attackers, etc.).

Yeah need to cover natural attackers.

How does this feat work for a thri-kreen?

Somehow hadn't thought about them.

Apologies if my critique seems overly harsh; I tend to focus on the negatives. It has a very good flavor, and definitely makes the most sense as a skill trick. The name of the feat does strike me as a little odd since it would presumably be the same character taking both.

I was originally going to call it Switch Hitter, but I decided continuing the Princess Bride reference was more fun.