PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How many ways can a character get trapfinding and disable device?

Almaseti
2015-06-14, 07:33 PM
I am playing in a game currently where we are very much in need of someone who can deal with traps. I also have a friend interested in trying D&D, so I'm trying to keep track of how many ways a character can get trapfinding and disable device. Rogue has it obviously, Rangers and Alchemists can get it with an Archetype, Slayer oddly does not have it but Investigator does. Are there any options I'm missing?

I would have to help her build a character, and as she's new I think something without complicated abilities or much bookkeeping would be best, if you have suggestions.

grarrrg
2015-06-14, 07:38 PM
TO THE DIPPING GUIDE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?230500-Pathfinder-Dipping-for-Fun-and-Profit-%28mostly-Profit%29&p=12613046&viewfull=1#post12613046)!
[classic Batman transition]
(disclaimer: the following has NOT been fully updated for Advanced Class Guide, or much of anything published after)

Trapfinding (anything with "Disarm Magical Traps")
Alchemist 1A (Crypt Breaker)
Alchemist 2A (Trap Breaker)
Bard 1A (Sandman)
Bard 2A (at least 3 archetypes)
Oracle 1A (Seeker)
Ranger 1A (Trapper), or 3A (Urban Ranger)
Rogue 1
Sorcerer 1A (Seeker)

Aspis Agent 1
Balanced Scale of Abadar 1, only Temporarily disables Magic traps
Brother of the Seal 2
Cyphermage 1?, Can only detect "writing" based traps, can detect them with Perception or Knowledge (Arcana), can disable them with Disable Device or Spellcraft
Field Agent 1, optional (can also be taken at 3, 6 or 9)
Pathfinder Delver 1

And for the sake of completeness, you don't even NEED to dip for "disarm magical traps", as you can get that through a Trait. "Trap Finder" gives a +1 bonus to Disable Device, and makes it always a class skill as well [Pathfinder Player Companion: People of the Sands]

Hrugner
2015-06-14, 07:43 PM
Slayer can grab it at second level as a slayer talent.