PDA

View Full Version : We finally found it

Venger
2015-06-14, 11:45 PM
For many years, vermin lord's "pincer claws" have caused consternation since they, as written don't do anything. even during an interview with monte, he merely said "weird, I guess they must've been removed."

but no longer.

on page 191 of sandstorm, the wasteland crawler, a large monster, possesses the pincer claws ability at 2d6+str. ergo, the vermin lord's pincer claws must use that damage line depending on size with a medium lord getting 1d8+str claws.

The search is over. We have found our pincer claws.

2015-06-14, 11:51 PM
Because of all the things a Vermin Lord PC cared about knowing, the damage on their claw attacks was at the top of the list. Seriously, though, it's better to know that not, right?

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-15, 12:01 AM
Doesn't change the fact that the class feature doesn't have a description (seriously, the only instance of the phrase "pincer claws" in BoVD is the Vermin Lord class table). Since text trumps table, they don't actually get any pincer claws :smallyuk:

Nice find, though. Simple enough to houserule it in.

Venger
2015-06-15, 12:12 AM
Because of all the things a Vermin Lord PC cared about knowing, the damage on their claw attacks was at the top of the list. Seriously, though, it's better to know that not, right?

Obviously.

At least this, I can point to a real answer for, unlike literally everything else.

Doesn't change the fact that the class feature doesn't have a description (seriously, the only instance of the phrase "pincer claws" in BoVD is the Vermin Lord class table). Since text trumps table, they don't actually get any pincer claws :smallyuk:

Nice find, though. Simple enough to houserule it in.

I know. Honestly, just say "you have claws now. enjoy pinching people." you're already ruining your career with this stupid class, you deserve to be thrown a bone.

see, that's the thing. text trumps table, but no text doesn't, and table trumps nothing. you have pincer claws, but they just didn't do anything until now.