PDA

View Full Version : Divine Intervention

BladedWizard
2015-06-15, 11:01 AM
Hi all,

Has anyone ever used the Divine Intervention ability from the Cleric class? How was it role played by the DM and what was the outcome of it?

I'm just curious to see how some of you have used the ability.

Thank you,
BW

MrStabby
2015-06-15, 11:14 AM
Well it was very very useful for me as a DM... A PC cleric used it when (as a new DM) I had massively underestimated the difficulty of an encounter.

They were a light cleric - bring the light into the dark places trope. The part was in a cave (previous plague pit) with undead crawling in from all sides. After two of the five players had been taken down the Cleric prayed. Flash of light and blindness/faery fire on all enemies. 2d6 radiant damage and everyone knocked back. It bought the party enough space to grab the people bleeding out, sprint for the exit and roll the boulder across the entranceway.

That was one of my biggest cockups as a DM although the players didn't seem to mind.

Azreal
2015-06-15, 11:43 AM
I had a cleric I was in a party with, try to use it, but he didn't make the roll.
The response from Bahamut?
"I help those who help themselves" accompanied by a flash of silver flames.

KorvinStarmast
2015-06-15, 12:28 PM
For my taste, it's too DM intensive for a capstone skill, but that's just reading about it and thinking it through. As we've not gotten to level 20 yet, no idea what good it is or isn't. :smallconfused:

Talyn
2015-06-15, 12:50 PM
It's basically the Wish spell, but, you know, for clerics.

Use the description of the Wish as your basis.

That being said, I haven't played a game with high-enough level characters for it to have come up yet.

ImSAMazing
2015-06-16, 05:25 AM
Hi all,

Has anyone ever used the Divine Intervention ability from the Cleric class? How was it role played by the DM and what was the outcome of it?

I'm just curious to see how some of you have used the ability.

Thank you,
BW
I did, it's really funny However, a DM needs to sometimes speculate on it, and sometimes it won't help like you prayed to help. However, I never find it unuseful