PDA

View Full Version : Down with the King!

pyrothos
2015-06-15, 05:55 PM
my players, post your characters's descriptions here.

white rainbow
2015-06-16, 11:43 AM
Amethyst Vivian Stillingfleet is a tall, skinny girl with a white eye and a blue eye, the scars around her face and arms show that she's no stranger to throwing and taking punches. she wears a pair of leggings and a light, black, hooded coat under her chain shirt, more for style than warmth, her black boot's shiny, metallic laces gleaming in the light.

TheBeeMaster
2015-06-16, 05:20 PM
Elthry the Lightbourne is a Sorcerer, with a unique magic. He can manipulate and bend light to his will. He was born to Priests of Thyr and was raised in the temples. The Priests of Thyr were convinced he was a gift from Thyr and treated him as such. But made special care that it didn't reach his head....too much at least. He often adorns himself in shiny and glittery objects. His preferred attire is a robe adorned with thin plates of Mithril, light so it doesn't interfere with his spellcasting, but enough that it glitters with light. His skin itself glows softly with a golden light, his eyes are a stark green, framed with dark brown hair. He is easily likable but has an air of deserving about him, prolonged exposure to him can result in dislike.

oGsMousE
2015-06-17, 02:36 AM
Ser Charlemagne d'Weathermay, otherwise known as Charles to his companions, is a Knight of the realm. He stands tall and proud, often with his arms on either side or behind his back. He wears a formal noble outfit with humble quantities of jewelry and a signet ring; while it looks impressive to a commoner, a noble who is well informed about court intrigue would know that his uniform is quite out of fashion. He is immediately identifiable by his heraldry; a blue serpent biting its own tail circling a white tree on a black background.

<body> +1 Full Plate, elegantly shaped, pure white with a green trim that has a celtic knot pattern.
<cape> A black cape emblazoned with his Heraldry.
<wielded> +1 Longsword named Night Terror, pitch black with a cruciform hilt.
<held> +1 Tower Shield emblazoned with his Heraldry.
<ring> Ring of Protection, black gold with a white tree, used as a signet ring.

He has two horses with him. A Charger donned fully in armour and a Rouncey which he uses for travel.

Silvernus
2015-06-19, 12:01 PM
Ser Ashrram Finegan is a crimson-skinned oni-touched with a father who was a half-fiend and a human mother, taking his mother's last name. The event which proceeded with his birth ws a one night fling between an anti-paladin (his father) and a priestess (his mother). He has sense strived to serve the light as a priest of Cayden Cailean, and as a templar in the order of broken swords, what remains of the once-great Taldor's religious order within the land. Ashram is a skilled warrior, wielding an earth-breaker hammer with a suit of magical breastplate, long his his trusty warhorse Stennor and his skills and divine magic. He seeks to right the wrongs in the world, and will lay himself on the line to do so, however he will not follow the law to do so, preferring freedom over strict laws and regulations.

pyrothos
2015-06-20, 01:42 PM
The inn was rather busy, each of you having taken refuge from the pouring rainstorm raging outside.
Amethyst, having been there a week or so, had already built up a reputation with the locals, and thus, everyone avoided her as much as possible.
Charlemagne, having been floating between inns for the past few days, was quietly sitting at the bar, his flashy clothing drawing some apprehensive looks from the locals, who were obviously not used to nobility amidst them.
Elthry and Ser Ashrram had both arrived that day and took to chatting about their respective religions in the corner.

Across the room, a man dressed in the uniform of the town guard picks up a shanty, singing out of key and slurring his words so badly that nobody can tell what he's saying, though the melody made is rather relaxing as the room continues to buzz with chatter.
Outside, the wind and rain rage onwards, as a mass of dark shadows cross the light shining onto the front windows from across the street.

white rainbow
2015-06-20, 02:03 PM
Amethyst gets up goes over to the bar orders a drink then walks over to the window to see what the hell is going on outside.

pyrothos
2015-06-20, 04:54 PM
outside, in the pouring rain, a mass of men in leather armor branded with the king's coat of arms, a snake wrapped around a sword with a vial and an arrow crossed behind it, are listening to a man in ornate armor saying something to them, before lighting torches and scattering through the street, a trio of them walk towards the inn.

oGsMousE
2015-06-21, 12:50 PM
Charlemagne, whom is sitting at bar, is almost completely donned in armour. His bascinet helmet and gauntlets are in front of him, to the left of his drink. Despite being in elegant armour that is professionally maintained, he seems disinterested in his appearance. His hair is long, thick, and wild, as if it had grown out of control like a weed. His beard is likewise thick and shaggy; were it not for his deep black hair, he would look like a homeless Santa Claus. His posture is slumped and he gazes longingly into his drink. His face is expressionless and unsmiling.

He does not react to the events occurring outside.

TheBeeMaster
2015-06-23, 04:00 PM
He orders a stiff drink before turning to the events outside watching closely should any new development occur. He grips his stave tightly. It's glass adornments tinkling in the room. He drinks his drink and ponders ordering food. He instead pulls out a book studying it and occasionally writing notes down on a sheet of parchment.

Silvernus
2015-06-25, 11:29 AM
Ashram looked to Elthry with his book, taking a drink from his mug and tasting the mead within the jug curled with the chainmail gloves and then quickly downed it with a single gulp. Sliding the jug back over to the other side, he looked back over to Elthry. "You and your books, I mean I love books as much as the next learned man, but reading in the middle of the tavern? You, my friend, are a bookworm. Does your god require that you read books at times like this, or is it a personal habit?"

pyrothos
2015-06-25, 11:35 AM
Over the chatter of the inn, there's a thud from the doorway as something heavy is pressed against it from outside, followed by a crash as a lit torch is thrown through the window, smashing a mug of spirits and catching the table ablaze. The barmaid screams as people scramble to put the fire out.
Finally, after a couple minutes, a dwarf puts the fire out whereupon a young man runs down the stairs, tripping halfway down and rolling headfirst down the stairs, his clothes are singed and there can now be heard a roaring blaze from the upper floors.

oGsMousE
2015-06-25, 12:02 PM
Charlemagne sighs heavily. His jaw clenches in irritation from this disturbance. Rising from his seat, he turns around clutching his gauntlets. As he slides them onto his hands, he bellows loudly: "What is the cause of this commotion?"

He leaves his helmet and tower shield at the table and marches decisively towards the door, kicking it open and potentially knocking the person who was pressed against it to the ground. His eyes fixate on who and what are on the other side of the door, ignoring the fire.

white rainbow
2015-06-25, 12:10 PM
amethyst leans against the wall while quietly saying to herself, what in the name of nyx are those soldiers thinking setting fire to a tavern while there are so many innocent people in here who havent done anything but try to make a decent living

white rainbow
2015-06-25, 12:11 PM
the door doesn't budge mouse.

oGsMousE
2015-06-25, 12:48 PM
His folds his arms across his chest, briefly thinking while minutely shaking his head. He mutters to himself: "What a solid door," before finally gripping the door handle, turning it to gauge if it has been locked or is currently being forced closed. His gazes shifts to the broken window, trying to determine if he can fit through it; being quite bulky, it would need to be a decently large window.

pyrothos
2015-06-25, 12:51 PM
The door handle turns smoothly, the window's big enough to put your head through.
The barkeep yells "over here!" as he wrenches a trap door open by the end of the bar.

white rainbow
2015-06-29, 12:47 PM
amethyst finishes her drink and walks over to where the barkeep has the trapdoor openand proceeds down

TheBeeMaster
2015-07-01, 03:01 AM
Elthyr opens his mouth in a response, only to be interrupted by the events outside. Standing he sighed and slipped a place marker into his book. Made out of bone. He placed it in his bag and downed his drink. Shouldering his bag and his staff, which seemed to be made from a mixture of steel mirrors, a white wood, and some glass adornments. He places himself in front of the trap door. Waiting for everyone to go through. Holding his staff up in a movement to defend any innocent person. "Quick! To the depths children of Thyr! I will shield you from any harm. And fight any evil who would step through that door" Once the last person was in he would follow suit casting some spell to cover their exits.

oGsMousE
2015-07-17, 08:30 AM
His eyes narrow, squinting at the trapdoor. His fingers lightly tap his sheathed blade. Pausing for a moment, and taking a deep breath to calm his emotions, he collects his helmet and shield that he had left at the table. Charles looks to the barkeep while stroking his prominent bushy beard, "can a man not relax in these here parts?" He sighs and goes through the trap door with a slow reluctance in each step.

Silvernus
2015-07-17, 02:35 PM
Ashram is one of the last through the trap door, fighting against his will to stay and fight however he does eventually decide to take this route. The red-skinned warpriest goes in right before his companion, his giant earthbreaker hammer still held tightly in hand. Ashram had a duty now, one he couldn't just shirk when his personal code of honor requested him to. Ashram would live to fight another day.

pyrothos
2015-07-17, 05:18 PM
Down a short flight of wooden stairs, you all find yourselves gathered with the scared villagers from various parts of the village in a damp, musky stone lined tunnel that smells strongly of mold, alcohol, and various other stenches. The barkeep lights a torch, casting ominous, flickery light about your surroundings as he checks on the villagers. Behind you, you hear a thunderous roar, followed by the crash of a beam falling through from the top floor of the inn. Somewhere nearby a child cries out in fear.
You can all clearly hear a horn sound over the flames as other torches are lit elsewhere in the gathered number. the man who fell down the stairs groans from where he was layed face down on an old sack full of something or another, his back blackened, blistered, and already oozing sickly yellow pus.
As the crashing of the burning buildings picks up, the stairs behind you ignite and collapse.
Everyone else falls to silence or hushed whispers.

TheBeeMaster
2015-07-17, 06:35 PM
I step forth and say in a commanding tone "Inn Keeper, I do not want to step on any toes, but that torch could be of more harm than help. Extinguish it, and allow me to illuminate the place, no smoke, and I can turn it off at will. Do these tunnels go any farther? If so, let us move forth, I have food for everyone in case they're hungry. I am Elthyr, a Disciple of Thyr."

He begins to assess the surroundings before looking at the man, he bends down and grimaces "This man has severe burns, we need to get him to a doctor." He begins to gently help the man up before looking to everyone else.

white rainbow
2015-07-17, 06:39 PM
Amethyst stares blankly at the flame's obviously either mesmerized or deep in thought...

white rainbow
2015-07-17, 06:41 PM
the barkeep points to a dark hole in the higher portion of the wall.
"these tunnels were made for torch use."
the man howls in agony as you move him.

TheBeeMaster
2015-07-17, 06:45 PM
With a flick of my wrist, I illuminate a rock, it's light so much brighter than the torch. "This will help us more though, and, I need help to move this man" he says motioning for another villager to assist him.

oGsMousE
2015-07-20, 11:57 AM
Charles regards his fellow occupants in the tunnel with indifference. The distant darkness outside of the flicking torch radius does not bother him. His gaze wanders about. His mind makes a mental note of who seems like they can fight, if needs be. Noting Elthyr's decisiveness, Charles casually looks at Elthyr, saying with a flat but prominent voice: "If we move him, his injuries may worsen."

TheBeeMaster
2015-07-20, 07:03 PM
He begins to move forwards, taking the lead and guiding people down the tunnels. "Where does this come up Inn Keeper? And, out of curiosity, why do you have this......." He stops and turns to the Inn Keeper, "Are you the reason they lit your inn on fire?"

"Do you need to tell us something before we move along?"

pyrothos
2015-07-20, 09:26 PM
The villagers stubbornly refuse to move, they've obviously learned what they need to do in this sort of situation.
" The whole town's on fire. His highness (he hisses out the word highness with obvious disgust and contempt) has been having villages burnt down lately for supposedly being home to various rebellion movements. I myself hear about just about everything going on in this town, There's No GODS DAMNED REBELLION!" the last words he says right then are directed upwards, at the ceiling, and the soldiers beyond, as he gives way to his grief and anger, stalking away from a group of frightened looking children and an elderly lady who was giving him a glare of disapproval.

TheBeeMaster
2015-07-20, 09:46 PM
"A king does not burn revenue without cause. Even the greediest and most corrupt of kings would not do this. It's simple logic, you think you know everything, but I honestly think you may not." He says and then turns to everyone else.

"So, you're all just going to stand here? What if they come down that tunnel there?"

pyrothos
2015-07-20, 09:52 PM
a man clutching a scorched and blackened flute says, " we were highly loyal to king Gorand before he was overthrown..."
" he probably believes we want revenge for the late king's death."
an elderly lady walks up and offers elthyr a cookie from a singed basket. "We've been through things like this before, bandits used to attack endlessly, it's better we wait here till the flames die down and we can hear whether the soldiers are still around." her face is that of a sweet old lady who's patiently dealing with a misbehaving child.

TheBeeMaster
2015-07-26, 06:06 AM
Elthyr begins to eye the locals with a slight amount of distrust. He looks around, and leans the man carefully against something before positioning himself next to the entrance to watch up it.

Karen Lynn
2015-07-27, 11:55 PM
Kihayala, a short, solid feline humanoid with fur the color of wheat is most often seen behind the reins of a bison pulling her large wagon. Her face and arms show darker and lighter stripes, a hint at camouflage. Beneath her rain cloak, the silvery blue metallic plates of sale mail can be seen. A large, curved bow is strung and slung across her torso. She stands a head below the average human at five feet and an inch. Her standard posture makes her seem a few inches shorter.

oGsMousE
2015-07-28, 01:26 PM
Charles scrubs his hand over his face, feeling tired of waiting around and regret for going into these tunnels. He looks up the stairs longingly, thinking to himself how the fire would be less of a hassle. With a heavy sigh, he remarks: "I tire of this..." His voice was initially strong but lost power with each word. He pulls a torch out from his bag, lights it, and presses forward deeper into the tunnel.

TheBeeMaster
2015-07-28, 08:25 PM
I watch him go deeper into the tunnel, I then turn and cast prestidigitation to clean the townsfolk of all gunk and make them sparkling clean before turning to the entrance of the tunnels. I say "I'll be back, I'm going to check around" And then I go up the stairs back to the entrance.

pyrothos
2015-07-29, 09:28 AM
Karen; you come to the top of a ridge, whereupon you can see a cluster of burning buildings, a column of soldiers marching out in the direction opposite of yourself, the darkness quickly swallowing them up, and the pouring rain drowning out much of any other sound.
Mouse; you come to a heavy looking door that's fallen off it's hinges, the wood, surprisingly, is still in pretty good condition, beyond it the tunnel goes on for a good thirty feet, with alcoves every other increment of five feet.
Beemaster; the stairs caught on fire and collapsed shortly after you guys got into the tunnels.
Ashrram wanders under the trap door and is struck dead by a burning piece of timber, his body now covered in a roaring bonfire.

The barkeep starts getting people ready to move onwards.

Karen Lynn
2015-07-29, 10:30 AM
"Kiah! Let's go!" she will call to her bison, urging it forward. What is going on down there?

TheBeeMaster
2015-07-29, 05:36 PM
I frown before turning back the way we came and saying "There's no way back that way. Our only option is to press forwards. I want to take you all with me. But, if you refuse, I will be forced to continue on my own."

oGsMousE
2015-07-30, 03:58 PM
Charles frowns. His torch wavers for a bit, his arm lowering momentarily before rising again with renewed confidence as he sees the alcoves. A long black shadow casts behind him at an angle since the torch is being held in front of him and to the side. He pauses at each alcove, staring at them, before continuing forward. "Reminds me of home." he mutters, the sound echoes noticeably.

pyrothos
2015-07-31, 08:52 AM
The barkeep yawns. " the soldiers are leaving as we speak." Over the flames you hear the clatter of armor and the steady beat of marching feet. "it's time to get out of the tunnels anyways."
He goes in the direction mouse went, returning shortly with the door that had fallen off it's hinges, having called to mouse " be careful, who knows what might've moved into these tunnels."
He and another man from the village gently move the burnt man onto the door, then hoist it up to carry as the other villagers push Elthyr after mouse.
Karen, as you draw nearer, you see that the rain is steadily dousing the flames, and that the soldiers left no building unburnt, gimme a perception check in private chat.

pyrothos
2015-07-31, 12:00 PM
Karen notices something gray in the undergrowth a short distance from the road as her lantern flashes across it.

Karen Lynn
2015-07-31, 12:01 PM
"Hold! Hold!" Kihayala will stop her bison and go check out the grey thing she saw in the bushes, lamp in one hand, longsword in the other. "Hello? Hello?"

pyrothos
2015-07-31, 12:03 PM
you come across a tunnel entrance, draped in ivy and surrounded by ferns and bushes, with a rotting log propped up against the side of it.

Karen Lynn
2015-07-31, 12:09 PM
I'll listen carefully to see if I can't hear anyone.

Perception [roll0]

pyrothos
2015-07-31, 01:09 PM
you hear the clatter of armor, and the measured pace of footsteps, stopping every couple seconds, then starting up again.
Mouse, up ahead you see what looks like the light of a lantern, about 50 feet down the tunnel.

Karen Lynn
2015-07-31, 01:11 PM
I'll leave the hooded lantern there, grab my bullseye lantern and aim it down the tunnel before replacing the hooded lantern on my wagon. I'll sheathe my sword and shrug off my bow, a normal arrow nocked.

pyrothos
2015-07-31, 01:38 PM
As you walk into the tunnel, the drumming sound of the rain fades a little, making it easier to hear.(we await mouse's next action)

oGsMousE
2015-08-01, 03:17 PM
Charles puts out his torch, smothering it against a nearby object, perhaps stamping on it if it is stubborn. After putting the torch away, Charles looks forward to the end of the tunnel and at the same time draws his longsword named Night Terror, pitch black with a cruciform hilt. He marches forward, unsure and curious as to what he will see.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-01, 04:09 PM
Standing behind the lamp, outside of the cave, Kihayala is hoping to ruin the night sight of anyone coming out. When she is able to clearly see someone, she'll call out: "Identify yourself! What are you doing?"

oGsMousE
2015-08-01, 11:10 PM
Squinting and partially covering his eyes with his tower shield, Charles emerges from the tunnel. He responds formally: "I, Ser Charlemagne d'Weathermay, am leaving the inferno that is the tavern."

Upon seeing that the feline humanoid is armed with a bow I pause for a moment and regard her for hostile intent. "Are you friend or foe?"

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 12:49 AM
"The answer depends: Did you set the buildings alight?"

oGsMousE
2015-08-02, 01:19 AM
"I did not. May I ask, what are you? Was you created by a wizard? Or are a natural born race? I have never seen your like before," he says curiously.

Charles keeps his helmet on and visor attached while conversing with the feline indicating that he is still wary of danger. Despite the fact that his helmet is muffling his voice, he can still be heard, indicating he is used to talking like this and he is speaking loudly enough to be heard. He vocally pauses between speaking and waiting for you to answer. While doing so, he re-positions himself so his back is to the wall, moving out of the tunnel to do so. His eyes shift momentarily as he glances around the area.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 01:28 AM
"If you didn't raze the buildings, then I am not a foe. I am Felidae, 'catfolk' as humans call us. Why do you come from a tunnel outside the town?"

She will rotate slowly, keeping you in her sights and lined up for a quick shot; arrow still nocked.

oGsMousE
2015-08-02, 01:38 AM
"It is good to meet you Felidae. Underneath the tavern is this tunnel system. The bartender led some others and I there..." he pauses for a second, thinking, "My horses! I forgot about them. I must go find them."

Charles heads back into town, looking for the stables.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-02, 03:42 AM
As we emerged from the tunnels, I see to it that the burnt man is gently laid down onto the ground. To which I pull out a potion of Cure Light Wounds. I then begin to gently pour it down the mans throat, and dribble what remained on the burns in a hope to lessen the damage. I then pull out my healers kit and begin to make a check to bandage his burns.

I stand back to admire my work, putting away my healer's kit. I turn to cast Dancing Lights allowing them to bask everywhere, so we could have light. I notice the catfolk and approach her, suspicious

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-02, 10:15 AM
I approach the catfolk and and glance her over, noting her bow. "Hello, may I ask what brings you to town?" He looks back to the tunnel "We were set upon by kings men, and were forced into a tunnel in hopes of avoiding them. When they left, we safely emerged. But, not without ailments and injuries" He says gesturing to the burned man.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 11:43 AM
"I'm a traveler, a merchant sometimes. I was coming here for a night out of the rain. Speaking of, please get that injured man inside. Rain is cooling, but bad for wounds. He will gain fever if left out for too long. There is room inside." Kihayala is still wary of the newcomers, but fear for the injured and the reasonable(to her) statement that it was King's men that burned the town has calmed her.

She will stow her bow and move the bullseye lantern back to the wagon.

"Should we go to the town? There may be others who need help, or some small shelter remaining."

pyrothos
2015-08-02, 12:54 PM
Mouse, you find your horses unharmed, wandering amidst the smoldering remains of the village.
There's a small house that was spared from the flames on the outskirts of town, where a man's corpse is to be found, strung up from a tree outside. Carved into his chest is a rough representation of the king's coat of arms.(see earlier in the thread for description)
The smoke in the air has a slight tinge of burnt flesh to it as a wind picks up. A few villagers mutter something about a storm brewing to the north.

oGsMousE
2015-08-02, 01:16 PM
Charles sighs in relief upon seeing his horses safe and unharmed. There are two horses, one a rouncey and the other a charger. The rouncey is the lighter and the smaller of the two and is used for general travel and pursuit. Both are technically combat trained but he uses his charger solely for combat. His charger is armoured in chainshirt barding. He approaches his horses calmly from the side, making them aware of his presence. He harnesses the horses together and mounts his rouncey. He holds the reigns, looks forward, encourages his horses to begin trotting and leaves the town.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 01:25 PM
"Let's go find some shelter. We need to keep everyone out of the rain for the night." Kihayala will hop back up onto her wagon. "Those too weak to walk back may ride, but I prefer the injured ride undisturbed. We will find shelter and see what's come of the town in the morning." Once all the injured and weak are loaded, she will have her bison trudge forward to the town.

pyrothos
2015-08-02, 01:29 PM
Karen, you come across Charlemagne riding a horse back up towards the tunnel.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 01:31 PM
"Did you find any decent shelter?"

oGsMousE
2015-08-02, 01:38 PM
Charlemagne comes across the Felidae's entourage and halts the horses at a short distance from the bison wagon. Approaching slowly, he lifts takes off his helmet visor, revealing his large scruffy beard and homeless visage. "Greetings Felidae!" he calls out. He is visibly happy. From the way he pets the horses' mane one could guess he cares more about his horses than he does the town, and they might be right. "I have not yet searched for shelter."

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 01:43 PM
"Alright, let's go find some. My bison is tired and will require rest, and there are injured we must see to. Will you stay this night and help come morning?"

oGsMousE
2015-08-02, 02:26 PM
"Gladly. If I may ask, what is your plan afterwards? I currently have no quest, mission or obligation of service."

He sits up, straight and alert. His horses move side by side to the wagon, escorting them from the flank.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 02:32 PM
A hardened resolve shines in her eyes. "I think... I think I'm going to strike back. Killed my family, my tribe, my friends, and now this... This isn't the first town I've seen burned by King's men, and I fear it won't be the last. Someone needs to stop this. I need to stop this."

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-02, 03:00 PM
I stand and say "You killed your family? Or someone else did? What are our plans?"

oGsMousE
2015-08-02, 03:02 PM
His gaze goes unfocused and he smiles slightly. "Ah, slaying foes for glory." he says quietly. He holds back his emotional instinct to slouch when feeling nostalgia, knowing through training it would get his horse to stop moving. "It has been awhile since I have slayed people. I hope some of the King's men are worthy foes." He gently touches his longsword that is sheathed to his side.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 03:08 PM
"The king's men killed my family. If it weren't for the king of humans, I would have grown with my family, knowing more of my history. As it stands, I know little more than legends and tales."

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-02, 03:49 PM
"It Appears everyone has issues with his majesty as of late. I myself have never been wronged by him. What would your family have done to become killed?" He said sitting down

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 03:51 PM
"Nothing beyond traveling the plains, to my knowledge I was about four summers when it happened."

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-02, 03:53 PM
He nods solemnly "I am sorry for your loss. However, we are all tired. We must find a place to sleep. Do we lnow of anyplace nearbye?"

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 03:54 PM
"Nothing nearby beyond that town, I have a few tents that can shelter many of us. Not many blankets or beds however."

pyrothos
2015-08-02, 03:56 PM
by now, you are all in the ruins of the village, the majority of the flames have died down, somewhere along the way, the crazy looking girl from the tavern dissappeared. you can all see the small house on the outskirts of town with the man strung up outside that's still standing.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 04:07 PM
"This is unpleasant. Can any of you set up a pavilion? It takes some time. I will check the house for survivors." She will turn to Charlemagne. "Would you begin digging a grave? We should let that man down to rest."

She will pull the pavilions out, instructing the people to assemble them closer to the house to help shelter from any wind through the night. One will definitely be set up immediately in front of the house, effectively extending it forward.

Pavilion takes 90 minutes to assemble, can have ten people and small campfire inside, open air sides.

HHHHHPPPP
HHHHDPPPP
HHHHHPPPP
HHHHHPPPP
--------PPPP
--------PPPP

An approximate map of what I plan, adaptable for exact terrain

D=front door
P=Pavilion
H=House

pyrothos
2015-08-02, 04:18 PM
a collection of villagers, the barkeep included, set to work. Karen, you find a shovel inside, no bodies or other survivors though.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 04:20 PM
I'll begin digging the grave. This'll take a while.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-02, 04:36 PM
I set up a tent and begin to read a religious book before going to bed

oGsMousE
2015-08-02, 04:53 PM
Seeing that the Felidae is engaged in hard labour, Charles moves around the camp making sure everything is in order and that people are working. He keeps the area secure and makes sure that one of the responsible villagers is handling the stewardship of the camp efficiently; so that everyone has an appropriate amount of food and water. Before laying to rest, he spends a good amount of time undonning his armour; It is noticeable to any who see him that this process is quite awkward.

pyrothos
2015-08-02, 04:56 PM
The npc's finish the pavilions, huddling up in the house, and under the pavilions, trying to keep warm without blankets, the house shielding them from the wind for the most part.
The barkeep takes the shovel from you karen, telling you to go rest as he angrily drives the shovel into the mud then over his shoulder repetitively.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 04:59 PM
"Thank you." I will go gather firewood and food rations from my wagon, doling them out to the hungry and setting a few fires to help keep everyone warm. Assuming a fireplace inside the house, that ought to be three fires total. Afterwards, I'll brush down the bison before making certain the injured man is stable.

pyrothos
2015-08-02, 05:02 PM
as you hand out food and start the fires, people seem to be a bit more comfortable, even saying "thank you." from time to time.
after you finish brushing down your bison, you find the burnt man sitting up, his back cracked and oozing pus, but the burns are noticeably better off than they were earlier.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 05:03 PM
"Are you faring any better, friend? We can move you into the house for better shelter and warmth."

pyrothos
2015-08-02, 05:12 PM
He jumps as you speak, as he wasn't really paying any attention to his surroundings.
His eyes widen as he spots you, before he stammers " I-i-i-i'm feeling m-m-m-m-much better, th-th-thank you. As soon as i'm able to move, i'll be fine inside." he manages a pained smile as he howls in pain from his burns.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 05:15 PM
I will offer a cure light wounds potion to the man. "Here, drink this. I got it from a priest some time ago. These potions tend to wounds and help the body heal faster."

oGsMousE
2015-08-02, 05:18 PM
Charles squints harshly at the man, a lack of sympathy is evident on Charles' face. "It's just a burn wound. I've been set on fire before." He averts his eyes and ignores the man. Charles then gains a sullen look as he stares into the fire, his mind seemingly in thought. In the meanwhile, he takes a whetstone and sharpens his black blade.

pyrothos
2015-08-02, 05:21 PM
The man gratefully accepts the potion, downing it, before tentatively trying to stand on his own.
Gaining his feet, the man carefully makes his way into the house.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-02, 06:58 PM
I will see to the security of everyone around the camp, seeing if anyone needs anything else

pyrothos
2015-08-03, 11:49 AM
The barkeep finishes digging the grave, carefully laying the man you found hanged into the grave before going about filling it in.
A group of the villagers take up positions just outside the rain's reach, keeping watch as the last of the smoldering wood of the village dies away.
Nothing further happens overnight.

oGsMousE
2015-08-03, 12:17 PM
Charlemagne gets into his bedroll and sleeps for the night.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-03, 05:39 PM
Kihayala will make sure the villagers taking up a watch have water skins, and will see if anyone needs anything before bedding down in her wagon.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-03, 05:46 PM
Kihayala will make sure the villagers taking up a watch have water skins, and will see if anyone needs anything before bedding down in her wagon.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-04, 11:08 AM
"I insist that I take first and second watch. I can imbue the area with a protective magic that will wake us all should we face a intruder. I can also illuminate the edges of the camp allowing me better sight. I also need less sleep" I then push out all of my food to the peasants. I dole out 4 weeks worth of rations, and 4 waterskins. I then proceed to cast Alarm, which will alert people by vast luminescent balls exploding almost like fireworks. I then will cast dancing lights and begin to send them out to the edges, try to move them separately so I can illuminate the entirety of the camps edge

pyrothos
2015-08-04, 11:39 AM
The night passes uneventfully into a gray, drizzly morning, the storm that the villagers spoke of just about to cross over the ridge towards the ruined village from the north. some of the villagers had woken early and gone out to salvage what they could, having returned with two rather rickety wagons, some rope(which they were now using to further secure the pavilions against the coming storm) and various other things, like clothing, scraps of cloth, and some food and cooking supplies. Already, you could see they had set out pots in the rain to catch water, whereupon they periodically filled waterskins, flasks, glasses, empty wine bottles, and even one person had a keg that was missing it's tap that they were filling.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-04, 12:04 PM
First thing I'll do is check on the burn victim, asking his name, then getting a head count of people and their skills. I'll be primarily looking for carpenters, cooks, and masons over anything else, but I may have use for those with different skills. Especially tailors or anyone who can weave grass into thatch.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-04, 12:16 PM
I also visit the man. I check on his state and if need be, apply medical attention. I then go around checking any and all who could use first aid. I then begin to make my way out into the wilderness to hunt for herbs, and the like that can be used. With a storm coming, I'd also like to find sticks of some kind to help support the pavilions more

pyrothos
2015-08-04, 12:29 PM
He fidgets over all the attention he's getting over that burn. "My name's Als, I was stuck in town away from my farm to the west of town."

Spam, there's not much you can do for now, his skin's scabbed over and doesn't appear to have gotten infected, at places, it looks like it's began to give way to new(however warped) skin. as you go out in the woods, the rain picks up a bit, though you're well protected by the leaves and needles of the trees around you. gimme a survival check, and a perception check spam.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-04, 12:46 PM
20 on the perception, and 18 on the survival. I cast prestidigitation to keep any rain off of me that would otherwise have gotten to me. It appears as faint glimmers of light that acts a sort of shield above my head

pyrothos
2015-08-04, 12:59 PM
you notice a faint pink light out of the corner of your left eye, bobbing out of sight as soon as you see it. you also come across a rather large variety of herbs of various uses, ranging from treating a cough to cooking.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-04, 01:20 PM
"Okay. Feeling better, then, Als? I'm going to see what the people want to do. We could stay and rebuild, or we could leave this all behind us and take to the plains."

With that, I'll go out and ask people if they wish to stay here and rebuild, or if they would come with me. With my wagon and the two others, I explain that I could have several of them ride along, and any other wagons would only help further the amount of people that can ride, though I would also need some draft animals.

pyrothos
2015-08-04, 02:09 PM
Als expresses his desire to get back to his farm as soon as he can travel.
The villagers have mixed responses, some wishing to go, others wanting to stay.
The village's carpenter is on the fence about leaving, believing that if anyone were to want to stay his assistance might be needed. The barkeep(who's an obvious choice for the cook position) was unresponsive when you tried speaking to him, his gaze staring at the grave. The town's tailor was caught without any way to escape in his shop the night before.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-04, 02:20 PM
With the storm rolling in, shelter is more important at the moment than travel. With that in mind, Kihayala will set about fortifying their pseudo shelter.

First, moving wagons and parking them alongside open sides of the pavilions.
Second, searching the area for anything else to either fortify the pavilions or to block off open sides.
Finally, I'll attempt to find a large stone with a flat side. something no larger than 2 feet to a side.

pyrothos
2015-08-04, 02:22 PM
you get the wagons in place, the villagers set to securing some large sheets of canvas they found in the house to the gaps, sadly, however, no such stone is within easy retrieval.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-04, 02:36 PM
I'll see to it that everyone has anything they need, and then pull out the following items for people to make use of: The collapsible bathtub, the five folding chairs, the firewood, lamps, the three spare blankets, and a fifty foot coil of rope. I'll set up the tub to catch more rain water, then head out of the current campsite, searching for food, game, tools, anything of use.

Perception, as needed:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Survival, as needed:
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

I'll search for as much as I can find/carry.

pyrothos
2015-08-04, 03:29 PM
karen; you feel like you're being watched as you come across a length of timber the flames didn't get to and a basket of cookies.
Morcy, the rain's pattering rather roughly on the top of Madame Gillian's wagon, a gaudy, bright colored wagon, a perfect reflection of the attractive woman who owned it., turning to regard her as she hums a tune to herself, you see her silky black is tied into a braid today, her various adornments clinking and tinkling with each bounce in the road.
looking out through the rain, you see your destination before you, a small village nestled in a valley, now burnt to the ground, you can see someone wandering amidst the ruins.

oGsMousE
2015-08-04, 03:39 PM
Charles' eyes open suddenly, like window shutters being swung open. Staring at the ceiling of the pavilion, he takes a few deep breaths. Shock is evident on his face. The shock of someone who has just awakened to a new reality. His arm, which is laying flat on the ground, creeps to his black blade that lays beside him, gripping it, and granting him comfort. Funny that a tool of destruction can be someone's security blanket. Satisfied that this is not another dream, he powers his way out of the bedroll. His attention shifts to the scent of the air and the sounds of the despondent peasants. He thinks to himself: what is the big deal? This is the way society works. Garbage in, garbage out. Nothing will change, nothing can change.

After those moments of contemplation, his mind shifts to more productive thoughts. First his armour. In his mind, he sees platemail as the finest creation that Humanity has invented. If he was wrong, who could blame him? An exoskeleton of metal that protects him from almost any attack. Well, any physical attack. He thinks about his brothers and sisters. Most of them are mages. Charles feels a burning sense of loneliness. "It has been awhile since I have seen them," he says, mumbling to himself. They could be dead for all he knows. If that was the case, then probably that would be a good thing. If you knew them like he did, you might well agree.

Some inordinate amount of time later, perhaps minutes, perhaps an hour - time is irrelevant to him - he gets fully prepared. He lumbers out of the pavilion, ready for the new day.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-04, 03:53 PM
I harvest them all. I then make my way back to the village before getting a idea. I move back to the village and look for the strongest man. "Would you be willing to assist me in carrying back deer?"

Karen Lynn
2015-08-04, 03:57 PM
"Huh... That isn't strange in the least..." I'll carefully poke about, looking for any signs of traps before pulling the basket and attempting to pull the timber with me to the camp.

pyrothos
2015-08-04, 03:57 PM
You ask the innkeeper, he sighs and goes out with you to help with the hunting " i hope you got something to get it, because noone here has a bow."

pyrothos
2015-08-04, 03:58 PM
You find no traps, and dragging the wood and basket back proves fairly easy, as it was hollowed out to reduce weight.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-04, 04:02 PM
Once I get those back to camp, I'll head back into the village about where I felt eyes on me and being looking around for anyone or anything.

pyrothos
2015-08-04, 04:04 PM
Gimme a perception check Karen, as nothing is plainly seen.

with your 16, you notice a pale blue light shining from behind a tree a good 60 feet into the forest (120 feet from you), it's hard to tell any more from this distance.

Morcleon
2015-08-04, 04:07 PM
Glancing over at Madame Gillian, Fukui Hikari brushed her soft blonde hair out of her face and adjusted her clothing over the light armor she wore. Even a chain shirt of elven make would start riding up after a few hours of travel. She leaned back in her chair, very glad that she was allowed to ride in the wagon out of the rain. And the owner of the wagon being incredibly attractive certainly didn't hurt either.

"Oh no..." Hikari gasped as the village came into view and stuck her head out of the window to get a better view. She turned her head back around to Gillian and grimaced. "The town's been burnt to the ground. I don't think we'll be able to rest here, madam."

"...oh, there's someone there. Wait here, I'll go see who they are. Hopefully, they'll know what happened." Exiting from the wagon and hopping onto her horse that had been tied to the side of the wagon. She spurred it forward, galloping toward the ruined village toward the lone person.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25400000/Anime-warrior-girl-star-light-25412536-1280-1024.jpg

pyrothos
2015-08-04, 04:10 PM
Morcy, you ride up to a catfolk peering into the forest at something, karen, you hear a horse riding up fast through the rain and mud.

Morcleon
2015-08-04, 04:15 PM
Dismounting, Hikari walked up closer to the catfolk. She waved at her, calling out, "Hello? Do you know what happened here?"

Karen Lynn
2015-08-04, 04:22 PM
"Yes. King's men burned the village. I see something in the woods. I'm going to go examine it. If you can help at all, head to the camp near the edge of town, that way." She will point towards the camp. Her bow is nocked with a normal arrow, and she slips into the woods to go find the source of light.

pyrothos
2015-08-04, 04:24 PM
When you draw closer, you find nothing , just rainy forest, and the sounds of nature.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-04, 04:28 PM
I'll put away my bow and arrow, then find a place to sit near where I believe I saw the light. I'll wait a while. If nothing happens, I'll search around for anything of use.

oGsMousE
2015-08-04, 04:47 PM
Mounted on his Rouncey, Charlemagne guards the camp with unceasing vigilance. He is dead silent, talking to no villager of his own accord. Occasionally he will stare at someone, regarding them with suspicion until he is confident that no treachery is happening.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-04, 10:58 PM
I smile and say "I have the next best thing. I have Magic!" I then attempt a survival check to find the deer, and I will use my scrolls of Magic Missile to take it down. a 22 on my Survival check

pyrothos
2015-08-05, 12:28 PM
You find your deer, a decent looking buck, so far, it hasn't noticed either of you as it's a good 100 feet away. Roll damage spam.

Morcleon
2015-08-05, 01:31 PM
Watching the catfolk bound off into the forest, Hikari sighed and got back on her horse. Might as well check out this camp and see what she could help out with. She galloped off toward the edge of town, dismounting near the town.

pyrothos
2015-08-05, 06:17 PM
you find a house bordered on two sides by pavilions, a heavily armored man patrolling about on a rouncey, a trio of wagons parked around the site, you can hear people talking inside. (Cue mouse)

oGsMousE
2015-08-05, 07:20 PM
Charles regards Hikari with suspicion upon seeing her because he hasn't seen her before, making a mental note that she is armed. He pays no more attention to her than he does any other person, so long as she is not walking around with her blade drawn.

pyrothos
2015-08-06, 10:04 AM
nothing happens karen, all you find is rotting sticks, some undergrowth, and a lizard.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-06, 01:07 PM
I'll head back to camp, then, searching for anymore useful things along the way.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-06, 01:35 PM
I will first, cast my own Magic Missile, and not the scrolls. Giving me 3d4+3. I roll/ I 11 dmg with my first magic missile.

pyrothos
2015-08-07, 12:45 PM
karen, gimme a survival check.
spam, the deer drops, dead by your spell, gimme a perception check.

pyrothos
2015-08-07, 01:19 PM
Karen, you happen across a patch of mushrooms that look edible, though there are poisonous ones as well.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-07, 01:46 PM
She'll collect the non toxic mushrooms, remembering their location for later before heading back to camp

pyrothos
2015-08-07, 01:56 PM
karen, you return to find a farmer had come into town with a collection of potatoes, corn, and carrots in tow, handing a decent amount over to the villagers before leaving towards the next town.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-07, 02:03 PM
I'll add the mushrooms to the lot of food before checking on people. "Let's try to get some cookware scrounged up and ready. We should be able to make a decent stew with this before leaving after the rains let up."

pyrothos
2015-08-07, 02:04 PM
A couple villagers go out into the ruins to scrounge up some charcoal and cookware.

Morcleon
2015-08-07, 03:33 PM
"Is... Is there something I can help with?" Hikari gives Charles a slightly confused look in response to the suspicion. "I hold no love for the King's Men, and I want to help what's left of the village's people."

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-07, 07:07 PM
24 on the Survival, and a 18 on dat perception

oGsMousE
2015-08-07, 08:07 PM
His gaze wanders when you engage Charles in social interaction. "Talk to Felidae. You can't miss her, she is a cat," he says in a flat voice. He shrugs halfheartedly. It seems like his horse is giving you more eye contact than he is; its face is pointed directly towards you, its head lowered with one ear pointing forward and another pointing back. The horse is a dark shade of brown with a long white stripe on its forehead. Its hair is black and its mane is long, having been grown out naturally. Since Charles' visor is raised, you can see that he smiles politely but is finding little joy in routine security work; he is doing it out of a sense of duty.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-08, 10:50 AM
I motion for the Inn Keeper to drag the deer back and say "I can get a couple more this way"

pyrothos
2015-08-08, 10:57 AM
spam, you notice a pink glow issuing from behind a tree as the innkeeper laughs " This'll keep us all fed for about a week or so if we're smart about it."

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-08, 11:00 AM
I investigate the tree

Morcleon
"...is she the archer who just went into the forest?" Hikari sighed. "I just met her a short time ago and she told me to head over here."

With a shrug, the young warrior wandered off to search for the catfolk archer.

pyrothos
stealth check please spam.

pyrothos
2015-08-08, 11:03 AM
morcy you run into karen as she's walking back to camp, her arms loaded with mushrooms.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-08, 11:36 AM
I'm not trying to be stealthy though

pyrothos
2015-08-08, 01:22 PM
Spam, you reach the tree, round the corner, and find nothing, the pink glow having faded before you reached the tree, make a reflex save.

Morcleon
2015-08-08, 02:07 PM
Hikari waved at the catfolk, smiling. "Ah, hello again~ Want some help with those mushrooms?"

pyrothos
2015-08-08, 03:20 PM
your foot hooks onto a tripwire, but you catch yourself as the ground where you would have fallen falls away, revealing a pit with sharpened stakes pointing skywards every couple feet.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-08, 03:28 PM
I frown at this and turn to the inn keeper after safely disconnecting myself. "What is this?"

Karen Lynn
2015-08-08, 03:37 PM
"Oh? Yes, please. Sorry about earlier. I thought I saw something in the woods." Kihayala will split the load of mushrooms with the new person. "I am Kihayala. Many call me either Kihay or Kayla. What brings you to this beautiful town?" Her tone is obvious that she's trying to keep a positive outlook. When the mushrooms are unloaded, she will find the basket of cookies, test one, and if they're good, pass them out to the children.

pyrothos
2015-08-08, 03:40 PM
Spam; He looks at it " it ain't one of our hunter's traps, i'm damned sure of that..." he looks closer, deep in thought.
Karen, the cookies are fine.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-08, 03:41 PM
Then I'll begin finding children and giving them a cookie, then moving up in age groups as I run out of young ones, up until I run out of cookies.

pyrothos
2015-08-08, 03:42 PM
by the time you hand out cookies to everyone, there's still half a basket left

Karen Lynn
2015-08-08, 03:45 PM
I'll put the remainder in the house for anyone who wants them. I'll go out and ask if anyone needs anything.

pyrothos
2015-08-08, 03:54 PM
Everyone's working on temporary stuff, the people that went out after charcoal and cooking stuff have returned, and were washing the soot and stuff outta the pots, pans, and cooking utensils. Someone found a bunch of bowls, plates, and eating utensils, and were washing those.

oGsMousE
2015-08-09, 12:45 AM
Charles watches the Felidae hand out cookies to children. He finds himself unable to fathom whether she is a killer, as she seemed to be earlier on with the bow, or a non-combatant due to her kindness towards the children.

He decides to start watching the villagers to see if any would be adequate as wrestling partners but decides they're all probably too weak. He wonders how they've lived for so long. Charles finds some heavy stones to lift and throw and works on his physical fitness using them.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-10, 12:13 AM
I nod and take my dagger, making multiple marks on the trees in the surrounding areas. Carving below them, in common, "Danger: Pit Trap" doing so on over twelve trees in a circle. Before going back to the village

pyrothos
2015-08-10, 01:18 PM
Spam, you come back to find the camp has been reinforced against the coming storm, which is looming overhead, the rain picking up and the wind now noticeable, as you step under the canvas of one of the pavilions, you see that the villagers have scrounged up a lot of cooking supplies, and a bunch of vegetables are sitting in wait to be cooked.
The innkeeper pushes his way in, the deer draped over his shoulders, like some kind of fur coat. looking around, he grunts in satisfaction before gathering a couple of knives and a thin, dark haired man dressed in furs, then going to a corner and beginning to skin and clean the deer.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-10, 02:10 PM
"Oh, deer. That will be beneficial. Anyone here good at cooking?"

I'll take a look at the two other wagons, giving them both a closer inspection before the storm hits. Are they covered? I'll give them a thorough inspection, including the underside. Feed the bison, grab a cookie, and help as needed.

Morcleon
2015-08-10, 06:04 PM
"Oh? Yes, please. Sorry about earlier. I thought I saw something in the woods." Kihayala will split the load of mushrooms with the new person. "I am Kihayala. Many call me either Kihay or Kayla. What brings you to this beautiful town?" Her tone is obvious that she's trying to keep a positive outlook. When the mushrooms are unloaded, she will find the basket of cookies, test one, and if they're good, pass them out to the children.

"I'm Fukui Hikari." She took the mushrooms and followed Kihayala into the village, continuing to follow her around after the mushrooms are unloaded. She shrugged and smiled a little. "I've been traveling and training, mostly. I need to become more powerful so I can change this world for the better."

She sampled one of the cookies, humming happily to herself. At Kihayala's question, she perked up. "I'm not particularly good, but I can do some cooking."

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-10, 10:56 PM
I begin to move about the town. Using Mage Hand to help secure things. I use it to drive down pegs, and check my alarm spell. I repeatedly cast Mending on anything that wasn't in tip top shape.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-10, 11:11 PM
"Let's leave it to people who can cook to do that, then. You want to change the world? What is it you want to change?"

pyrothos
2015-08-11, 11:41 AM
Anyone in camp right now, gimme a perception check.
Karen, the innkeeper raises his hand and says " i can cook."
The other two wagons are not covered, however one of them looks like it once was, and the other should be easily made to be so, otherwise, they are the epitome of normal wagonry.

Morcleon
2015-08-11, 12:24 PM
"Make the kingdom a better place, mostly. There's far too much corruption and tyranny hereabouts," Hikari shrugged, sitting down next to the tent. She grinned ruefully up at Kihayala. "Maybe if I had gotten here early, I'd have been able to fight off some of the King's Men."

Perception: [roll0]

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-11, 02:13 PM
That's a 14 on dat perception. And, I move around and say "I can light the fires with my magic, this way we can waste no time"

Karen Lynn
2015-08-11, 03:48 PM
"Okay. There should be plenty of clean water in buckets, pans, and the tub. If you need anything from me, just say so. I'm going to make certain the wagons are solid. I fear there isn't much more I can do." I will take some timber and begin making a basic grave marker for the dead man we buried.

perception [roll0] actually a 19, used a character sheet from a different game.

pyrothos
2015-08-16, 07:40 PM
you all hear a whistling tune echoing from somewhere in the direction morcy came from.

oGsMousE
2015-08-20, 04:19 PM
Charles takes off his helmet and rides in the direction of the whistling.

pyrothos
2015-08-20, 04:29 PM
Mouse you come across a gaudy, brightly colored wagon led by a pair of oxen, the woman driving it waves good naturedly to you, her bright clothing and shiny, twinkling jewelry apparent from a short distance away, you can see shiny metal clips shining from the long braid of jet black hair trailing past her rather attractive face and over her shoulder as she slows the oxen to a halt in front of you.
"Hello good sir, my travelling companion came down into this town ahead of me, but I need someplace to get my oxen out of the coming storm."

oGsMousE
2015-08-20, 04:55 PM
Charles looks at her, stone faced. "Doom is upon this town." He shakes his head, causing his long hair and bushy beard to shake wildly. Were it not for his armour, he would look like a bear. "Your friend is probably dead. If he lives, consider it a blessing." He stretches his arm, pointing it prominently in the direction of the camp. "Go there and find the sanctuary you seek." He pulls back the reigns of his horse, leaning back with his body. In turn the horse responds by rotating itself and I ride back to the camp.

pyrothos
2015-08-20, 05:29 PM
She nods politely at the mention of the camp.
"i'll head that way, thank you sir."
she starts her wagon towards camp, whistling the tune to herself as she went.

Karen Lynn
2015-08-21, 01:17 AM
Kihayala will greet her as she approaches, guiding her to park her wagon where it will provide the most additional shelter to the camp site before helping her relax her oxen. When all is done, she will properly introduce herself.

pyrothos
2015-08-25, 01:02 AM
once everything is taken care of, the rather beautiful woman bows a low, sweeping bow, like what one would expect a man to do whilst courting.
" My name is Gillian, though most everyone refers to me as 'lady' Gillian. The oxen are Brane and Bron, though i could never figure out which was which. I originally came down here to look for my travelling companion, though i suppose, i'll have to ride out the storm here." She then laughs, a delicate, yet hearty sound that was both slightly alarming, and pleasant to hear.

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-25, 05:21 PM
I stop and assuming that the woman was nobility. I will bow and assuming a formal tone I say "Hello my lady. Might I inquire as to why you've graced us with your presence?"

pyrothos
2015-08-26, 12:25 PM
She giggles as you bow, then curtsies. "i hate to dissappoint, but i'm not nobility, though, by the looks of those clothes, the same doesn't look to be true with you."

TheBeeMaster
2015-08-26, 04:12 PM
"I fear not. I am a Holy Mage Graced with the light of Thyr and his Holy Order. He has given me command over light and all that therein" He said, standing up before casting mending once more on things and then turning back. "Are you here to assist us? Or are you passing through? Or what?"

pyrothos
2015-08-28, 10:17 AM
"My travelling companion and i were going to wait out the storm in this village, after which, I was going to speak with Lord Galzra, for he had summoned me to his keep."
She looks rather happy for the summons, as though she'd never recieved a summons from anyone of importance before.

oGsMousE
2015-08-28, 02:57 PM
"Why did Lord Galzra summon you? What did you wish to speak to him about?"

Karen Lynn
2015-08-29, 12:02 PM
"What is the name of your travelling companion? What do they look like?" Kihay will ask when all is set away.

pyrothos
2015-08-30, 01:03 AM
" Her name is Fukui Hikari, she's a blonde Aasimar, she came in a few minutes ago. As for Lord Galzra's summon's, he made me an offer i found interesting, as well as i've spoken to him a couple times in other parts of the kingdom, he's actually rather interesting a conversationalist."
She pats one of the oxen absently.

oGsMousE
2015-09-01, 01:09 AM
"She died I am afraid. I saw her hit by lightning. Vaporized in seconds. But uh, tell us more about this offer."

pyrothos
2015-09-01, 01:26 PM
She laughs for a moment. "There hasn't been any lightning around here in the ten minutes since I last saw her sir. She continues laughing.

oGsMousE
2015-09-01, 02:56 PM
Charles smiles. "She is around. I am interested in meeting Lord Galzra. If you need extra security, I would be happy to join you."

pyrothos
2015-09-01, 11:24 PM
She smiles "I'm sure Hikari would appreciate some more company."

oGsMousE
2015-09-03, 01:26 AM
"Inform me when you are leaving. I will be around."

Charles returns to watching the camp for any dangerous elements.

TheBeeMaster
2015-09-05, 05:00 PM
I shake my head and say "I have not seen any lightning myself either. So I cannot attest to the truth of this statement, I can however say that if you give me a sufficient description of thy fair lady. I can keep my eye out for her. It is dangerous to vary far from here. The storm is brewing and we cannot spare the men needed to look for her. I can however swear on my honor that I will help you find her to the best of my capabilities when the storm passes." I then bow deeply and say "Now, this offer, what exactly is it?"

Karen Lynn
2015-09-06, 11:26 PM
"If you need additionaly security, I'd be able to come along, though I will have potentially many people coming along as well."