PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help with Earth school wizard

Gulstaf
2015-06-15, 08:45 PM
Hello everyone,

I was hoping you guys could help me with some ideas for a character for my friends campaign. As the title implies I'm making a wizard whose specialization is the earth school (I like the flavour of it). What i'm looking for are cool items, abilities, or feats that may fit into his earth/stone theme. Planning to roll either an Oread or Dwarf, although leaning towards Dwarf. The character starts out at level 7 and is assumed to have average wealth for the level. I don't mind suggestions for future items to purchase or feats to acquire down the line but the more useful now the better.

I'm not looking to optimize the character by any means, just want some flavourful ideas that may be somewhat useful.

let me know what you guys think I should do, comment and critique as you see fit!

Geddy2112
2015-06-15, 09:36 PM
When I think of an earth Wizard, I think of a gruff, salt of the earth and hardy kind of person. Somebody who can take a beating, but is learned and responds carefully. I think dwarves fit it better than oreads statwise and racial traits, but both are good.

For a dwarf wizard, the breadth of experience feat is great. +2 to all knowledge checks, use them untrained and it applies your long life to learning, fluffwise. Steel soul make dwarves tough as nails against magic, which a dwarf would probably do(and a wizard certainly would). Any crafting feat fits well, although wondrous item is most useful. Toughness, iron will, greater fortitude and any feat that makes you less death prone is good for the theme.

At level 7, a wizard wants a headband of vast intelligence, a belt of +con or dex, or both, a couple spells on wands, and a few scrolls.