PDA

View Full Version : Good Friends, Great Axes IC

Pages : [1] 2 3

Athedia
2015-06-15, 11:49 PM
It has been a week since your group defeated and brought the brother of Lord Hisend to Lord Walsley. Having recieved the political nightmare, Lord Walsley politely but insistently requested that you make yourselves scarce for a while, his old face looking somehow more exhausted. Before you left he had told you that refugee's from the southern end of his lands had informed him of a tall halfling matching River's description.

As Daisy had asked (and sometimes threatened) every refugee in sight, the group eventually learned more. The border town had been located in a valley, just north of the mines. One day a flood of water had poured from the mouth of the largest mine, creating a river where there had been none. With nowhere else to go the water had flooded the village. The few who had traveled to and managed to return from the mine spoke of terrors inside. As the last families left the town a halfling with a youthful face asked where the trouble lay and started up the mountain.

The journey to the village/lake was long but uneventful. The number of poor travelers along the road had discouraged most bandits and creatures. The lake looks calm though the tops of houses and trees stick out from the top. Most of the water is flowing through the now widened stream and away, but it doesn't look like the village will be normal any time soon. As the party looks up the mountain you can see the source river, still flowing from the dark mine mouth.

Feel free to post what your character is doing. Welcome to the game.

SirCatBeard
2015-06-16, 03:19 PM
Terrach admires the scene of the river falling from the mouth of the mine. As the water glints in the sun, he remarks: Ah, much better than the usual dreary mines, always too dark to truly see anything. I think this is an improvement. The humans here probably didn't know the signs to avoid an underground river in their "mine". If you are going to build mines, do it correctly. ::disapproving sigh:: Probably just hit a river with some things living in it and ran in fear of fish and the darkness.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-06-16, 03:28 PM
The journey to the village/lake was long but uneventful. The number of poor travelers along the road had discouraged most bandits and creatures. The lake looks calm though the tops of houses and trees stick out from the top. Most of the water is flowing through the now widened stream and away, but it doesn't look like the village will be normal any time soon. As the party looks up the mountain you can see the source river, still flowing from the dark mine mouth.

Feel free to post what your character is doing. Welcome to the game.

Daisy knelt down by the edge of the lake and cautiously poked it. "Well, it's not hot," she said. "Maybe we can send Terrach to have a look around on the bottom?" She stood up and tried to brush the thick mud off of her knees, mostly just succeeding in spreading it around.

SirCatBeard
2015-06-16, 03:33 PM
Well, if I do, I am not getting my clothes wet. I will give you a moment to reconsider your request. Besides, Freya can't breathe underwater.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-06-16, 03:41 PM
Well, if I do, I am not getting my clothes wet. I will give you a moment to reconsider your request. Besides, Freya can't breathe underwater.

"He can take the cat," Daisy said helpfully, with a gesture that seemed to volunteer the entire rest of the party. But somehow, she didn't think Terrach would be utilizing his skills today. He could be so stubborn sometimes.

TheDiplomancer
2015-06-16, 06:32 PM
"I don't think anyone's going to swim to the bottom of that river," Charlena said, shaking her head. "Besides, that's probably not how you'll find the way to stop it. You have to find where it stops first to plug it up."

Table Flipper
2015-06-16, 07:43 PM
"I don't think anyone's going to swim to the bottom of that river," Charlena said, shaking her head. "Besides, that's probably not how you'll find the way to stop it. You have to find where it stops first to plug it up."

"Wouldn't we have to find where it starts?"

Maester Rickert
2015-06-17, 08:49 PM
"It's possible this could be a natural occurrence." Eyvind muses, sitting cross-legged on the grass and enjoying the breeze. "Floods happen. This could be an entirely normal accident of nature."

SirCatBeard
2015-06-18, 08:59 AM
"It's possible this could be a natural occurrence." Eyvind muses, sitting cross-legged on the grass and enjoying the breeze. "Floods happen. This could be an entirely normal accident of nature."

Could. But mines cause issues even if you know how to work them. These villagers probably had no clue. This was probably brought on by ignorance and stupidity. Terrach looks pointedly at Daisy. Which means that her sister was probably here.

Maester Rickert
2015-06-18, 02:22 PM
"Well then, if we go to these mines and have a look about the place, maybe we could find the source of this, and fix it? If it IS a mining problem, do you think you'd know how to set it right, Terrach?"

SirCatBeard
2015-06-18, 02:55 PM
"Well then, if we go to these mines and have a look about the place, maybe we could find the source of this, and fix it? If it IS a mining problem, do you think you'd know how to set it right, Terrach?"

Never liked mining, but I know some. Depends on what the cause is; some mining issues can't be fixed well, even if you know what you are doing. And if there's unsupervised Daisy-kin involved, things are probably well past hope. We'd better hurry if we want to fix this; who knows how much more damage the Daisy-kin will do to make things worse.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-06-18, 03:16 PM
Never liked mining, but I know some. Depends on what the cause is; some mining issues can't be fixed well, even if you know what you are doing. And if there's unsupervised Daisy-kin involved, things are probably well past hope. We'd better hurry if we want to fix this; who knows how much more damage the Daisy-kin will do to make things worse.

Daisy laughed a little. "The Daisy-kin probably would make things worse by accident. Couldn't we just sort of... squish in the mountain so that the entrance was plugged? That way the lake would be gone and the water would stay back inside the mountain, where it belongs. AFTER we go and get River, I mean. "

Maester Rickert
2015-06-18, 04:09 PM
Eyvind turns his gaze towards the mountain. "Squishing in an entire mountain sounds like a bad idea. But I like stopping the water's flow. That could work. Although..." His tone turns thoughtful.

Table Flipper
2015-06-18, 04:31 PM
"Frankly, I wouldn't worry about the environmental impacts of squishing the mountain until we actually knew how we would go about doing that. Besides, we would certainly want to check the mine for River or any miners who may have somehow managed to survive this long." Braxton pauses for a moment. "Anyway, Terrach's probably right. Sooner would be better. Ideally, we should probably head in as soon as everybody has completed any preparations they need to complete."

TheDiplomancer
2015-06-19, 09:03 AM
"This would be so much easier if someone knew a spell to breathe underwater," Charlena said, looking pointedly at Eyvind. "I mean, you're a magic user and you like water. Don't you know something?"

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-06-19, 06:01 PM
"This would be so much easier if someone knew a spell to breathe underwater," Charlena said, looking pointedly at Eyvind. "I mean, you're a magic user and you like water. Don't you know something?"

"If nobody wants to breathe underwater, we could just walk around the lake." Daisy said brightly. "The path looks like it picks up on the other side!"

SirCatBeard
2015-06-19, 08:13 PM
"If nobody wants to breathe underwater, we could just walk around the lake." Daisy said brightly. "The path looks like it picks up on the other side!"

Terrach, surprised that Daisy came up with a good idea but not at all surprised that the "good" idea consisted only of "walk", exclaims:What an idea(!) Walk(!) See, you don't have to jump right to breathing under water. After a pause, he adds:Besides, I don't like to show it off.

Maester Rickert
2015-06-19, 08:25 PM

Eyvind's ear turn pink. "As it happens I prefer storms to water, but regardless breathing underwater is....not something I can do." He looks down, embarrassed. "I tried to do it once, and asked my brother to help me. So he decided to throw me in a lake to see if that would make me use the power instinctively. Several times."

OutOfCreativity
2015-06-21, 07:57 AM
ok so the plan is cross the lake... somehow. get to the mountain and then... dive into the mine hole where there are a ton of things with giant teeth and squish em. is that right? said Izzy. That doesnt sound like much of a plan she muttered.

Maester Rickert
2015-06-21, 10:53 AM
ok so the plan is cross the lake... somehow. get to the mountain and then... dive into the mine hole where there are a ton of things with giant teeth and squish em. is that right? said Izzy. That doesnt sound like much of a plan she muttered.

Eyvind grins. "Whatever's down there, I bet we can take it. If people's reactions when they meet us are anything to go on, we're at least as scary as anything down there." His expression suddenly turns thoughtful. "Unless it's a dragon. Dad told me to run if I ever run into the extended family. They don't mess around."

SirCatBeard
2015-06-21, 02:59 PM

Well, unless anyone else has any other business to do, I say we go around this lake and see what trouble the humans got themselves into this time. Dragons are unlikely. If it were a dragon, the humans probably wouldn't shut up about it. He pauses to consider the lake and the situation. When he spots Daisy, he adds:And who knows, maybe if we're lucky we will find the Daisy-kin, and then she can go off with her kin and make us all a lot safer.

TheDiplomancer
2015-06-21, 04:03 PM
Charlena got slightly excited at the mention of dragons. "Not that it is a dragon, because I have honestly never heard of a dragon causing a flood before, but it it were, I could at least try to talk to it. Can't talk to a river or lake or whatever. I don't know how much we can reason with Daisy-kin. No offense, Daisy."

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-06-21, 06:24 PM
Charlena got slightly excited at the mention of dragons. "Not that it is a dragon, because I have honestly never heard of a dragon causing a flood before, but it it were, I could at least try to talk to it. Can't talk to a river or lake or whatever. I don't know how much we can reason with Daisy-kin. No offense, Daisy."

Daisy smiled broadly. "Oh, don't worry! River's just as reasonable as I am." She picked up a stone from the bank and attempted to skip it across the new lake. "Well, is everyone ready to go find this flooding-dragon?"

Maester Rickert
2015-06-21, 07:34 PM
Daisy smiled broadly. "Oh, don't worry! River's just as reasonable as I am." She picked up a stone from the bank and attempted to skip it across the new lake. "Well, is everyone ready to go find this flooding-dragon?"

Eyvind opens his mouth to object, realizes that on Daisy it would be breath wasted, and closes it again. "I'm in."

OutOfCreativity
2015-06-21, 11:04 PM
Well if you're all set on fighting the monster of unknown size and teeth that creates lakes...Then what are we waiting for? shouted Izzy. Lets do this!

Table Flipper
2015-06-22, 03:22 PM
"Onward!" Braxton starts to walk around the lake toward the mine. "Be sure to keep a reasonable distance from the lake. If anything aquatic has at some point left the mine, then it's best not to be right where it can ambush us."

Maester Rickert
2015-06-22, 10:12 PM
Eyvind turns to follow Braxton, before turning around to look at Izzy. He smiles. "After you?"

Athedia
2015-06-22, 11:22 PM
As the group walks up the path, they can't help but notice how silent the woods are. There is no birdsong, just the steady flow of the river as it flows out of the mountain. After walking for about half an hour (backtracking once to grab Eyvind who had gotten distracted by a particularly interesting moss pattern), the party reached the entrance to the mine. It looks larger than the entrances that Terrach is familiar with, not a small tunnel leading deep into the mountain, but a hole carved into its side. Along the sides of the mine there seem to be thin paths, large enough for a person to walk without stepping in the river.

But what is most surprising are the figures you can see enlarging the mines entrance. Three figures, wielding picks and wearing large devices over their mouths. The sacks connect via a tube to a container strapped to their backs and seem to pulse with each figures inhalation. As you watch, two more figures with the same headgear emerge from the river in the center of the mine.

Okay so I am going to need your marching order for the map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1onTKNEav2gTR_R3bFImYW3u6RYWcvaeAcNxh-1_PyBQ/edit?usp=sharing)

TheDiplomancer
2015-06-23, 02:16 PM
"What do you think?" Charlena whispered to the rest of the group. "Should we risk it and bet that these guys are friendly? Because I don't exactly like getting pickaxes lodged in my skull."

Maester Rickert
2015-06-23, 03:23 PM
"What do you think?" Charlena whispered to the rest of the group. "Should we risk it and bet that these guys are friendly? Because I don't exactly like getting pickaxes lodged in my skull."

"I don't think that we need to be suspicious. They're miners, I bet those tubes are to help them breath when they're under the water." Eyvind waves at the three figures in a jovial manner. "Hello there!"

Athedia
2015-06-23, 11:35 PM
"I don't think that we need to be suspicious. They're miners, I bet those tubes are to help them breath when they're under the water." Eyvind waves at the three figures in a jovial manner. "Hello there!"

At the sound one of the masked figures looked up. It shouted at the others in an unfamiliar language before dropping the pick and diving into the water. The group sees to other splashes as to more of the mask figures follow the first. Of the other two figures one has disappeared behind a wall of the cave and the other continues to mine.

They get the surprise round.

Terrach: [roll0]
Braxton:[roll1]
Charlena:[roll2]
Daisy:[roll3]
Eyvind:[roll4]
Izzie:[roll5]
Michelle:[roll6]
Enemies A: [roll7]
Enemies B: [roll8]
Enemies C: [roll9]

Braxton, Izzie
Enemies B
Charlena, Daisy
Enemies A
Terrach, Eyvind
Enemies C
Michelle

So Braxton and Izzie can go now

Table Flipper
2015-06-24, 04:36 PM
Since he cannot see any of the mobile enemies, Braxton cautiously advances 3 tiles (following the dirt path) in order to spread out a little without getting too far ahead of the group.

OutOfCreativity
2015-06-24, 06:23 PM
Izzy moves forward to get a better look, then mutters mage Armour and stops behind Braxton (to U9)

Athedia
2015-06-24, 11:03 PM
As you carefully approach you see the person still mining stiffly turn and walk into the water toward you. As its head disappears under the water the second one rounds the corner of the mine, appearing at the entrance,

M1:[roll0]
M3:[roll1]

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-06-24, 11:37 PM
Not even stopping to think, Daisy ran forward, only coming to a stop when she was in between the nearest miner and the river."Hi, I'm Daisy! Where are you all going?"

Double move action to M8!
Talking is a free action, within reason.

Also, sense motive and perception, as Athedia told me to.

Sense motive: [roll0]

Perception: [roll1]

Athedia
2015-06-24, 11:59 PM
Not even stopping to think, Daisy ran forward, only coming to a stop when she was in between the nearest miner and the river."Hi, I'm Daisy! Where are you all going?"

Double move action to M8!
Talking is a free action, within reason.

Also, sense motive and perception, as Athedia told me to.

Sense motive: [roll0]

Daisy notices a slight splashing mid-river distracting her from the strange garbed man in front of her that she can now identify as human. As she is distracted the human lifts his pickaxe, pausing for a second.

[roll0]

Athedia
2015-06-25, 12:02 AM
After a slight pause he shudders a bit and continues the downward swing.

Attack of Opportunity provoked

Attack: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Daisy barely notices the whiff of air as the pick swings by her head.

TheDiplomancer
2015-06-25, 06:55 PM
"Woah, woah, woah!" Charlena exclaimed as she saw one of the miners take a swing at Daisy. "We're not here to hurt you! We just want to talk!"

Diplomacy attempt: [roll0]

SirCatBeard
2015-06-25, 09:32 PM
Terrach steps into the woods and begins to sneak closer to the mine entrance while staying clear of the water.

Moves to T7 then proceeds to sneak to S7

[roll0]

Maester Rickert
2015-06-25, 09:55 PM
"We promise we're not here to cause trouble!" Eyvind speaks clearly and calmly, stepping out in front of the group and moving forward to the beginning of the clearing. "We want to help. See? Now can we all put our weapons down and try talking about this?"

Move to R8

[roll0]

Athedia
2015-06-26, 04:46 PM
"We promise we're not here to cause trouble!" Eyvind speaks clearly and calmly, stepping out in front of the group and moving forward to the beginning of the clearing. "We want to help. See? Now can we all put our weapons down and try talking about this?"

Move to R8

[roll0]

As you speak you notice the figure twitch it's head in your direction, struggling to look toward you. You can tell that it is under some form of enchantment that is forcing its actions.

You can relay these findings to the others if you wish.

Maester Rickert
2015-06-26, 06:58 PM
Eyvind's eyes widen. "DON'T HURT THEM!" he calls out to his friends. "THEIR WILL IS NOT THEIR OWN!"

Table Flipper
2015-06-28, 02:13 PM
Braxton advances in the direction of Daisy and the one miner, keeping an eye on the water for the swimmers. As he passes by Eyvind: "How do you know? Could we do something to free them?"

Braxton moves to P8.

OutOfCreativity
2015-06-28, 04:26 PM
Izzy creeps up behind Terrach and casts Daze on the miner. Michelle, muttering under her breath about idiots who cant fight getting so close to the enemy, runs atfer her.

Michelle and Izzy are on S7

Athedia
2015-06-29, 06:15 PM
Braxton advances in the direction of Daisy and the one miner, keeping an eye on the water for the swimmers. As he passes by Eyvind: "How do you know? Could we do something to free them?"

Braxton moves to P8.

[roll0] and [roll1] vs [roll2]

Izzy creeps up behind Terrach and casts Daze on the miner. Michelle, muttering under her breath about idiots who cant fight getting so close to the enemy, runs atfer her.

I assume you are close but I can't change location on the map til I know the coordinates for the characters.

Will Save: [roll3] VS 13

Athedia
2015-06-29, 06:23 PM
Braxton doesn't see anything from where he saw the swimmers enter the water. But he, and everyone near the caves easily spots another of the masks figures jerkily approach from the water. It looks as though he had walked under the water, now standing on the narrow bank dripping as he holds the pickaxe over his shoulder.

The man in front of Daisy stumbles slightly as he is shaken by Izzie's spell.

Okay, Daisy and Charlena are up. M1 is shaken so no actions this round. It will be 10 rounds til Izzie can use that spell on him again. Other people are still fair game for it though.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-06-29, 06:47 PM
Daisy swung her axe at the unwitting foe, her strike made a little awkward by the fact that she was not actually trying to kill him.

1.) Attack! To nonlethally kill him [roll0] (Man, nonlethal penalties are harsh)
Damage: [roll1]

2.) Five foot step: To square N7

No move action, as she has nowhere to go.

Athedia
2015-06-29, 06:55 PM
Daisy swung her axe at the unwitting foe, her strike made a little awkward by the fact that she was not actually trying to kill him.

1.) Attack! To nonlethally kill him [roll0] (Man, nonlethal penalties are harsh)

2.) Five foot step: To square N7

No move action, as she has nowhere to go.

Daisy swung the axe, aiming it so the flat of the blade struck a strong blow on the man's side. He swayed in place, looking near ready to fall over.

TheDiplomancer
2015-06-29, 09:04 PM
Charlena moved forward and cast Ghost Sound in order to try and distract the attackers. She made it so it would sound like there were more people whispering, in hopes the attackers would they would think there were more people on their side.

Move to V7

Athedia
2015-06-29, 10:15 PM
Whispering mutters emerged from the trees in front of Charlena. "You have nets? Spotted the swimmers?" There is no indication that anyone heard the whispers, indeed even Eyvind struggles to hear them over the sounds of the river and the distance.

Good idea, keep that trick in mind under different circumstances

Stealth 2: [roll0]
Stealth 5: [roll1]

B: [roll2]
E: [roll3]

OutOfCreativity
2015-06-30, 01:23 AM
Someone tie the miner up before my spell ends you idiots! screamed Izzy

Maester Rickert
2015-07-01, 09:33 PM

Braxton moves to P8.

Eyvind looks at Braxton, confused. "What do you mean? Can't you feel the roof of your mouth itching? They're bewitched!"

Athedia
2015-07-01, 09:35 PM
And Just realized it is actually Terrach and Eyvind's turns. Sorry, wasn't doing so well past two days. Dehydration yesterday and having meals entirely consisting of cherries today are not the healthiest things.

SirCatBeard
2015-07-01, 11:08 PM
Now aware that these people should not be lethally killed, Terrach pauses to retrieve his newly acquired Sap from his pack. Feeling unbalanced, he also draws his hand ax with his other hand. He emerges from the bushes to place himself between Eyvind and the miner-infested river, ready for anyone to emerge from the water.

They'll be easier to tie up when they're unconscious. Let them come.

Terrach moves to Q9.

Maester Rickert
2015-07-04, 11:12 AM
Eyvind stays where he is, eyes wide, readying himself for whatever may come.
Holding my Action

Athedia
2015-07-04, 04:34 PM
As the group discusses what to do with the still swaying man, those near the mine entrance spot three men running down the dry sides of the mine, two unmasked and angry looking.

Okay, Michelle, Braxton, Izzie

Table Flipper
2015-07-05, 07:23 PM
Before Braxton can reply to Eyvind, he sees the other miners moving in. He turns to warn those further from the entrance, "Heads up! Three more coming out of the mine!" And then, "Daisy, I recommend falling back into a defensive line! Terrach, spread out if you can!"

Holding at P8.

OutOfCreativity
2015-07-10, 02:25 AM
Michelle and Izzy run forward (Q7) while Izzy thrusts her arms forward and shouts Daze! at another minor (M3) Michelle just stands defensively infront of Izzy, unsure of what to do. I can't just attack them when their under a spell! she shouts What if I accidentally kill them? And who the hell has the manacles? We need to tie them up while they cant move!

Athedia
2015-07-10, 04:50 AM
Please put coordinates in spoilers. Also Izzie and Michelle can not share a space without penalties.

[roll0] vs 13

Athedia
2015-07-10, 04:59 AM
You can still try to Daze M3 again at a later point

The miner shook the spell off and advanced toward Daisy, the pickaxe in his hands swinging in concert with the one wielded by the miner already in the entrance.

M1:
Crit Confirm: [roll1]

M3: Moves to M8
[roll3]
Attack: [roll4]
Crit Confirm: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Both miss Daisy as they aim for her, the picks striking the ground on either side.

Charlena and Daisy

TheDiplomancer
2015-07-10, 03:00 PM
Charlena ran forward and drew her sword, ready to support the rest of her friends. "I don't have anything," she said. "We can try knocking them out."

Move to R9

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-07-10, 09:18 PM
"Good idea, Braxton!" Daisy said, cheerfully ignoring the pickaxes being flailed at her. She swung her axe once more at the miner she had previously injured. Finally, she did as she was asked, probably to everyone's surprise, and moved back.

1.) Nonlethal Attack: (on M1) [roll0]
Critical confirmation, if needed: [roll1]

EDIT: Well, I think we can safely say that she has missed. :smalltongue:

2.) Movement: Move to O6

Athedia
2015-07-11, 07:56 AM
C: [roll0]
E: [roll1]
2:[roll2]
5: [roll3]

Athedia
2015-07-11, 07:59 AM
B: [roll0]
M: [roll1]
I: [roll2]
T: [roll3]

You notice a rustling at the south side of the path, in the woods. As you look closer you notice the outline of a strange creature with skin matching the tree's behind its back. http://rs60.pbsrc.com/albums/h8/garrion_sw/Obsidian%20Portal/Pathfinder%20Monsters/Skulk.jpg~c200

Knowledge Local for more info. Please roll in OoC

What the title says

SirCatBeard
2015-07-11, 02:23 PM
Terrach, annoyed that so many of the squishy people are crowding him, tries to spread into a defensive line as Braxton suggested. However, he stays closer to the river, watching it, than to the physically incompetent people behind him.

Moves to Q10

They are so slow it seems I have time for a much needed drink.

He removes his flask from his belt, shuffling the hand ax to hold the flask in the same hand. He takes a swig of his ale and returns the flask to his belt.

Ah! Better.

Athedia
2015-07-17, 09:24 PM
Eyvind:

Eyvind raised a hand to summon two orbs of force, sending one toward each of the miners near Daisy.

Magic Missile: Both will hit automatically

M1: [roll0]
M3: [roll1]

I am taking his turn as he has had plenty of time to post

Athedia
2015-07-17, 09:31 PM
The miner that had recently emerged from the water didn't react to the blow of the force orb, but the already hit one slumped against the mine wall, falling into an unconscious state.

Simply knocked out

Two of the men at the back of the mine advance forward. As they come closer it becomes clear that they are not wielding the simple pickaxes of the two before you, but swords.

The third man stays across the river, but raises a bow and lets loose an arrow towards Braxton.

Crit: [roll1]

It hits Braxton for 2 damage

Braxton, Izzie, Michelle all up

Athedia
2015-07-18, 03:35 PM
no space after the . And when attacking please use this format so I can more easily tell what you are doing

Attack: [roll]?d?+?
Crit: ?d?+?
Damage:

Table Flipper
2015-07-18, 04:29 PM
"A skulk, huh? Izzie, do they tend to attack in numbers? Could these 'miners' be disguised skulks?" As he talks, Braxton readies his masterwork shortbow. Unable to shoot past the rest of the party to hit what is known to be freely hostile, and considering it unwise to break formation to melee attack the miners, he fires an arrow at the miner who attacked him from across the river, hoping Eyvind is wrong about his free will (though he doesn't expect the attack to be a killing blow, anyway).

OutOfCreativity
2015-07-20, 12:00 AM
re-doing Izzy's attack.

Crit:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

"Charlena, Terrach! Watch out! There's a skulk coming out of the forrest!" screams. At the same time she draws her crossbow and loosens a bolt at the miner who shot at Braxton. They can blend in with their surroundings so be on the lookout for more! "

OutOfCreativity
2015-07-20, 12:31 AM
Michelle pauses as Izzy's voice fills her head, warning her about the skulk and letting her see just where its hiding. With a start Michelle breaks into a run, pushing past Eyvind and Charlena to attack the skulk sneaking up beside them. She swings her broadsword at the creature with a yell.

movement to S10

Athedia
2015-07-20, 09:41 AM
Michelle pauses as Izzy's voice fills her head, warning her about the skulk and letting her see just where its hiding. With a start Michelle breaks into a run, pushing past Eyvind and Charlena to attack the skulk sneaking up beside them. She swings her broadsword at the creature with a yell.

movement to S10

okay, movement. As i have said you cant share the square, you have to be adjacent. so please pick a different square. and roll a d2 please, 50% miss chance

OutOfCreativity
2015-07-21, 12:55 AM
I meant to type R10... oops.
miss roll: [roll0]

Athedia
2015-07-22, 04:13 PM
Decided that rolling 1's miss. Seems more consistent. So she does hit

Michelle's blade slammed into the skulks chest staining the tree red. The looks of the men deeper down the tunnel were those of fear at this odd creature's ferocity.

But the miner in front of the group was as stony-faced as before, stepping forward and swinging the axe at Braxton.

TheDiplomancer
2015-07-22, 09:23 PM
Seeing that a miner was heading to attack Braxton, Charlena had to think fast. She unsheathed her dagger, shouted, "Watch out!" and let it fly.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-07-23, 09:28 AM
Daisy ran forward, breaking the defensive line to swing her great axe at the nearest miner.

Is the map correct?

1.) Move to L7 (or, if the map is incorrect, whichever space is nearest to enemy M6)

2.) Attack enemy M6 to nonlethally kill him

Attack: [roll0] (-4 nonlethal penalty included)

3.) 5 foot step to SPACE M6, not enemy M6. If the map is incorrect, this is one square away from the enemy.

EDIT: the 5 foot step should be to space M7. Daisy shouldn't stand inside the solid mountain. That seems like a bad idea.

Athedia
2015-07-25, 12:46 AM
Charlena's dagger spins out of control, lightly bouncing hilt first off the man she threw it at. There is no reaction, even as Daisy steps forward and smacks at him with the flat of her axe.

Sneak Attack: [roll3]

4 damage to Eyvind.

A stabbing pain flares up in Eyvind side as his blood drips across a dagger and hand belonging to the second Skulk. As it realizes that its attack was not as successful as it had hoped it moves deeper into the forest in the hope of making another attempt.

SirCatBeard
2015-07-25, 12:28 PM
What in the name of Thor's beard is a skulk! He yells at Izzy. After witnessing Michelle's slaughter of one and another stabbing Eyvind, he decides that it doesn't matter, as they have demonstrated their hostility and mortality.
Trusting that Michelle can handle any attacks from the river, Terrach rushes toward the skulk that attacked Eyvind. As he passes Braxton, he tosses his Sap toward him: Here, help you not kill them. He says to Braxton as he tosses the Sap at his feet. While rushing, he draws his trusted war ax with his now free hand as he rushes past Charlena and into the brush. He finds this bloody skulk and attacks it, for it deserves no mercy for this unprovoked attack from a friendly greeting.

Move to S8, dropping sap onto P8 as he passes and drawing D. War Ax. Attacks M2:

Attack: Main Hand(D. War Ax): [roll0]
Concealment Miss Chance: Main Hand(D. War Ax): [roll1]
Crit: Main Hand(D. War Ax): [roll2]
Damage: Main Hand(D. War Ax): [roll3]

Attack:Off-Hand(Hand Ax +1): [roll4]
Concealment Miss Chance: Off-Hand(Hand Ax +1): [roll5]
Crit: Off-Hand(Hand Ax +1): [roll6]
Damage: Off-Hand(Hand Ax +1): [roll7]

Maester Rickert
2015-07-25, 02:41 PM
Eyvind turns towards the creature that stabbed him, raising one hand and sending twin bolts of force the color of the evening sky arcing towards it.
Magic Missiles [roll0] [roll1]

Athedia
2015-07-25, 03:54 PM
The handaxe and missiles struck true, leaving the skulk looking much worse for wear. The man with the bow raises it to shoot at Braxton again, while his two comrades move up to attack Daisy.

M4 vs Daisy:
Damage: [roll2] EDIT: Just realized I messed this one up since it is a greatsword, should be +3 not +2, but all the better for you. My mistake so no extra damage.

M6 vs Daisy:
Attack: [roll3]
Crit: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

M7 vs Braxton:
Attack: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

The arrow misses Braxton but Daisy is not so lucky as both swords sliced into her skin. The last time she had encountered this much pain, she had accidentally angered a cauldron.

Table Flipper
2015-07-25, 07:25 PM
As he picks up the sap that Terrach left on the ground, and noticing that the rest of the party seem to be handling the skulks, Braxton moves to assist Daisy against the miners.

Attack M3 non-lethally with sap.

Athedia
2015-07-25, 07:52 PM
forgot to mention to you (told catbeard) that picking up the sap provokes an aoo, you also can easily hit the guy in front of you

OutOfCreativity
2015-07-29, 11:08 PM
" A skulk is a humanoid creature that can blend in with its surroundings" Izzy shouts to the rest of the party. Glaring at the miner attacking Daisy, she shouts "Daze!" (at M4) with an outstretched hand.

Athedia
2015-08-03, 12:45 PM
" A skulk is a humanoid creature that can blend in with its surroundings" Izzy shouts to the rest of the party. Glaring at the miner attacking Daisy, she shouts "Daze!" (at M4) with an outstretched hand. The man blinked his attention broken as the burst of light in his eyes distracted him.

[roll0] vs 13

Michelle ran back to defend her summoner against those advancing. Her quick forward thrust entered the mans chest and was just as quickly withdrawn. Startled the man looked down before collapsing.

Move to O9, attack M6

Attack: [roll1] I don't see how the attack is 9 as listed on Michelle's sheet. I will adjust once I figure it out.
Crit: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

The miner in front of Braxton swung again, keeping up his mechanical attacks. As before he missed.

Attack:[roll4]
Crit: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-08-03, 12:59 PM
Daisy swung her axe again, this time not bothering to nonlethally kill the miner.

After all, that had hurt.

1.) Attack M4 to lethally kill him.

2.) Move Action:

If M4 dies, Daisy will move forward to stand on his corpse and occupy his space. If M4 does not die, Daisy will stay put.

Athedia
2015-08-04, 03:35 PM
Charlena looked at her spread out allies and started reciting an old epic she had memorized years before detailing the tales of a boy who challenged a river. Her words, clear and articulate, lent them renewed energy as they continued the attack.

Inspire Courage (9/10 daily rounds left)
+1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects
+1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Meanwhile the skulk that had retreated into the forest retreated deeper into the woods. As he retreated he touched his hand to what looked to Terrach like a belt, summoning a glowing force that knit some of his wounds together.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: [roll0] vs 10

Unknown: [roll1]

SirCatBeard
2015-08-04, 03:53 PM
As the skulk retreats Terrach takes one more swing at it:

Crit?: [roll1]

Athedia
2015-08-04, 03:56 PM
The skulk had barely manage to retreat one foot when Terrach's axe sliced forward. It looked startled as a faint gold glow attempted to knit the wounds back together and failed. The skulk collapsed staining the ground underneath it red.

Terrach and Eyvind are both up.

SirCatBeard
2015-08-04, 04:22 PM
After the satisfaction of seeing the skulk that had stabbed Eyvind collapse, Terrach bellows Kazhâd!!. Then he leaves the bushes to finish beating down the one miner attacking Braxton. However, he realizes that he must rein in his anger as this one seems to be unable to control himself.

Move to P7

Non-lethal attack of M3
Main Hand--Dwarven War Axe:

Off-hand--Hand Axe +1:
Attack: [roll3]
Crit?: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Maester Rickert
2015-08-04, 06:13 PM
Eyvind, turning his attention back towards the bewitched miners, looses an arrow at one of them.

attacking M
Attack: 1d20
Crit: 1d20
Damage: [roll0]

Athedia
2015-08-04, 11:33 PM
The man in front of Daisy still rubbed at his eyes, trying to get them to adjust back to the normal light. The man with the bow moved closer to the edge of the river and raised his bow. He aimed slightly away from his previous target, his eye set on the young woman who had distracted his friend. The arrow flew true, but only managed to scratch Izzie along her arm.

Attacking Izzie.

Table Flipper
2015-08-05, 06:15 PM
Braxton continues trying to non-lethally kill the miner in front of him, this time with a heroic epic as a soundtrack.

Nonlethal attack against M3

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-08-05, 08:06 PM
Daisy noted that the nearest miner was all the way across the river, and ran straight at him, building up as much momentum as she could before letting her axe fly. After all, every axe is a throwing axe if you try hard and believe in yourself.

1.) Movement:
Daisy to K8 (including double movement for watery region)

2.) Attack!

Attack to lethally kill M7 by misuse of a greataxe. Only a -2 penalty due to the feat "Throw Anything", and that penalty is due to range. (Thrown objects have a range of 10')

Crit: [roll]1d20+4]

Attack!

EDIT: Damage should be 10, forgot the bard +1

Athedia
2015-08-05, 08:22 PM
Braxton's quick action gave the dazed man no time to raise his blade. As he slumped to the floor all eyes turned to the man across the water.

Daisy noted that the nearest miner was all the way across the river, and ran straight at him, building up as much momentum as she could before letting her axe fly. After all, every axe is a throwing axe if you try hard and believe in yourself.

The greataxe arcs across the lake, the blade perfectly slicing along the mans side as if Daisy had been there to wield it. A resounding CLANG! echoed through the mine entrance as the now blood covered axe bounced off the other wall.

SirCatBeard
2015-08-05, 10:46 PM
Hmm, not bad Terrach comments of Daisy, clearly surprised. Still on adrenaline from his kill of the skulk, Terrach moves closer to the river and hurls his own hammer from his belt towards the final miner.

Move to Space M9 and throw hammer at Enemy M7:

OutOfCreativity
2015-08-06, 10:04 AM
Izzy stares at the long scratch on her arm and grimaces, looking up at the miner who had injured her. She glares and runs forward until she is standing in the shallow edge of the river and lets loose and arrow, hoping that it will end the battle.

Move to space Q10 and attack miner 7
critical: [roll1]
damage [roll2]

OutOfCreativity
2015-08-06, 10:08 AM
Michelle, looks are her greatsword and then at the miner across the river. Then at the sword, then the miner. She thinks about Daisy's amazing feat and lists her arm ready to throw her sword like a javelin... and then realizes that thats a really stupid idea and would probably only make her favorite (and only) sword wet. With nothing else to do Michelle just stands next to Izzy (O10) with her sword ready in case something else pops up out of the river.

Athedia
2015-08-07, 12:18 AM
Izzy stares at the long scratch on her arm and grimaces, looking up at the miner who had injured her. She glares and runs forward until she is standing in the shallow edge of the river and lets loose and arrow, hoping that it will end the battle.

Move to space Q10 and attack miner 7
critical: [roll1]
damage [roll2]

As Izzie's arrow pierced the mans chest, he fell.

The group stood at the mine entrance surrounded by bodies. Three of them lay still breathing. Now that the heat of the fight was over it was clear that their was a difference between the men. Two of those still alive wore simple clothing, a roughspun shirt and trousers, and their hands were covered with the callouses and deep ingrained black of the lifelong mine worker. The other living man was different. He wore a coat over his clothing that, when Braxton brushed against it on the way to checking his pulse, clanked as though bits of metal were sewn into it.

Combat is over, I will need Perception checks from everyone who wants to look for items. Obviously the stuff on the guys is easy to find. Knowledge Engineering to figure out the masks they are wearing.

SirCatBeard
2015-08-07, 09:17 AM
Terrach moves to retrieve his hammer, inspecting the body there as well. Well, that was a warm greeting(!) He mutters as he returns from the other side of the stream, a bit wet. Do you think these miners have their wills back, or do we need to tie them up? He asks, directing the question toward Braxton and Eyvind while retrieving some rope from his pack.

He will get to inspecting the other corpses, specifically the skulks, once the living are taken care of.

I forget the details, but if I can take 10 on perception, I will just do that (10+9+2(for favored terrain)=21).
If not: Perception: [roll0]

Athedia
2015-08-07, 01:25 PM
Terrach moves to retrieve his hammer, inspecting the body there as well. Well, that was a warm greeting(!) He mutters as he returns from the other side of the stream, a bit wet. Do you think these miners have their wills back, or do we need to tie them up? He asks, directing the question toward Braxton and Eyvind while retrieving some rope from his pack.

He will get to inspecting the other corpses, specifically the skulks, once the living are taken care of.

I forget the details, but if I can take 10 on perception, I will just do that (10+9+2(for favored terrain)=21).
If not: Perception: [roll0]

As Terrach looks around he spots a shine of light underneath the water, as if something reflective was being stored on the bottom of it deeper into the caves.

You can take 10 anytime outside of battle on any check. Bards can do knowledge checks and take ten on those during battle or other time sensitive things.

Items on the Bodies (Since I assume you will be looking at those anyway)
1 Hide Armor
2 Armored Coats
2 MW Daggers
2 Belts of Healing
7 Air Bladders
7 ???? Face Masks: Knowledge Engineering DC 12 (No untrained checks)
Now you can examine the mask closer you see that it functions similarly to a large air bladder but instead contains water which the surviving men are using to breath.
1 Greatsword
1 longsword
1 shortbow
5 Pickaxes
16 arrows

Maester Rickert
2015-08-07, 02:22 PM
"Izzy! Are you alright?" Eyvind hurries over to the summoner.

Table Flipper
2015-08-07, 07:56 PM
Braxton, remembering the hit Daisy took during combat, goes to heal her. After that, he places the manacles on the ground (to make them available for someone to use), and then he takes the opportunity to switch into the masterwork chainmail, wondering why he didn't do that before.

Lay on Hands with Greater Mercy (no fatigue=+1d6): [roll0]

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-08-07, 11:22 PM
Braxton, remembering the hit Daisy took during combat, goes to heal her. After that, he places the manacles on the ground (to make them available for someone to use), and then he takes the opportunity to switch into the masterwork chainmail, wondering why he didn't do that before.

Lay on Hands with Greater Mercy (no fatigue=+1d6): [roll0]

Daisy squirms a bit as she is healed, which probably does not help matters any. "Thanks," she says, sounding more than a little surprised.

Then she goes to collect her axe from the miner on the opposite bank. She would have asked Terrach to do it, but she needed a good swim in any case.

1.) Daisy is healed to 22/35HP. Lay on hands actually worked! =)

2.) Cross the river to M7

Swim: [roll0]

3.) If she crosses the river successfully she will:

A.) Retrieve Axe

B.) Make a perception check at the miner (M7)

Specifically, she wants to know if he has any soap. Although she'll take pretty much anything else interesting that he owns. Whether or not it is actually of any value.

If she fails the swim check, she will flail around aimlessly, wondering where the bottom of the river went.

SirCatBeard
2015-08-08, 01:03 PM
Terrach walks up to Braxton and hands him Freya: Watch her. There is something at the bottom of the river. He then removes his pack, kilt, hide shirt, belt, and boots and enters the water to find this shiny thing, wearing a shirt and breeches still.

Take 10 on swim checks ==17
to swim to and retrieve the shiny thing he saw.

Athedia
2015-08-08, 03:37 PM
As Terrach reached the the bottom of the river he spotted the items that had caught his attention. In a torn open sack there lay a handful of potions of different types. He couldn't tell what they were until he surfaced with them, but there were three distinct colors of potion. Carefully he managed to get all 9 potions and kick back to the surface. It was difficult to swim without hands but he managed to get onto the shore without breaking any of the vials.

Perception checks to taste a sample and determine contents, Label which potions you are making the checks for. The roll you need to get to identify the potions is listed
Cure Light Wounds (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cure-light-wounds)

Endure Elements (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/endure-elements)

Water Breathing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/water-breathing)

SirCatBeard
2015-08-09, 07:14 PM
Now why would they leave these at the bottom of the river. Terrach mutters as he dries off and puts on his clothes. Inspecting the first two vials, he elaborates upon his findings: Let's see, we have two healing potions.... He unstops and samples the next one: One that toughens your body to the weather....And...As he sniffs one of the remaining 6 vials, he smiles and then, turning towards Daisy, exclaims: Ah!, these are of Dwarven make. They allow an outsider to temporarily breathe underwater. Of course, if we use them, I will still need one for Freya, he says, as he goes up to Braxton to take Freya back and nuzzles her face with his beard. Thank you for watching her.

Perception take 10+9 ==19 to identify them.

I will add these to the loot list.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-08-09, 08:03 PM
Now why would they leave these at the bottom of the river. Terrach mutters as he dries off and puts on his clothes. Inspecting the first two vials, he elaborates upon his findings: Let's see, we have two healing potions.... He unstops and samples the next one: One that toughens your body to the weather....And...As he sniffs one of the remaining 6 vials, he smiles and then, turning towards Daisy, exclaims: Ah!, these are of Dwarven make. They allow an outsider to temporarily breathe underwater. Of course, if we use them, I will still need one for Freya, he says, as he goes up to Braxton to take Freya back and nuzzles her face with his beard. Thank you for watching her.

"So we can be temporary Dwarves? Magnificent!" Daisy's face breaks into a broad smile. "That'll be great if there's no more air in the mines! Let's go!" She gestures impatiently towards the mine enterance.

OutOfCreativity
2015-08-09, 11:25 PM
"Don't worry, Eyvind, I'm fine" said Izzy, inspecting the small gash on her arm, its nothing to worry about. And wait... did someone say we have potions to breather under water? Thats awesome!" she shouted, running over to Terrach. Meanwhile, Michelle went over, picked up the manacles, and proceeded to lock the three remaining men up, since, you know, Izzy's spell only lasts for one minute.

Maester Rickert
2015-08-10, 10:43 AM
"Don't worry, Eyvind, I'm fine" said Izzy, inspecting the small gash on her arm, its nothing to worry about. And wait... did someone say we have potions to breather under water? Thats awesome!" she shouted, running over to Terrach. Meanwhile, Michelle went over, picked up the manacles, and proceeded to lock the three remaining men up, since, you know, Izzy's spell only lasts for one minute.

"Oh...well, if you're-" Eyvind stops, noticing Izzy has already gone.

Table Flipper
2015-08-10, 04:46 PM

"You're welcome," says Braxton, smiling with amusement at Terrach's description of the water breathing potions. He then uses the manacles on the unconscious miners, and looks at Eyvind. "You are the one who seemed to know that these miners were apparently acting against their will. Do you have any idea what we should do with them?"

Athedia
2015-08-10, 06:23 PM
The three still living men were propped up against the mine wall, the masks and bags strapped to their face still doing the unnatural pumping as before. All were still unconscious but a quick look around the area revealed a distinct lack of animal activity.

Charlena might be the only one able to make the engineering check to figure out what those are. Do you want to do that Diplomancer?

TheDiplomancer
2015-08-11, 02:21 PM
Charlena leaned over to to examine the miner's masks. "There's something about these..." she muttered

Engineering: [roll0]

Maester Rickert
2015-08-11, 09:44 PM
"You're welcome," says Braxton, smiling with amusement at Terrach's description of the water breathing potions. He then uses the manacles on the unconscious miners, and looks at Eyvind. "You are the one who seemed to know that these miners were apparently acting against their will. Do you have any idea what we should do with them?"

Eyvind examines the men he had noticed to be under an enchantment before, trying to determine as much as he can.
Spellcraft Check:
[roll0]

Athedia
2015-08-11, 10:08 PM
You can't figure out how long the men will remain enchanted.

The masks are pumping what appears to be water in and out of the sack, as if it was air.
Please inform me if you wish to remove the masks from the unconscious men

Maester Rickert
2015-08-12, 11:51 AM
"Sorry Braxton. No idea how long they'll remain enchanted like this." Eyvind stands back up. "Still, I know that someone or something must have put this enchantment on the miners. But why?"

Athedia
2015-08-12, 12:13 PM
As the group discusses one of the men, the one who had a sword starts seizing. His chest seems to be heaving for a breath.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-08-12, 01:54 PM
As the group discusses one of the men, the one who had a sword starts seizing. His chest seems to be heaving for a breath.

Daisy ran over to the man, trying to figure out what on earth was going on. She patted him on the back, quite hard, trying to encourage him to breathe.

Knowlege (nature): [roll0]

SirCatBeard
2015-08-12, 02:32 PM
Charlena leaned over to to examine the miner's masks. "There's something about these..." she muttered

What is there about these masks! This man can't breathe and is in danger of being helped by Daisy! Terrach yells toward Charlena. Equally distraught by the fact that the man seems to be unable to breathe, after we went to all that trouble to non-lethally kill him, and by the fact that Daisy is trying to help him.

TheDiplomancer
2015-08-13, 10:24 AM
"They're pumping water for some reason," she answered. "Hold on, I need to get a better look." With that, Charlena lifted the masks off the unconscious attackers.

Athedia
2015-08-13, 10:41 AM
Charlena pulled the masks off, tubes emerging from the mans mouths as she did so, each tube spilling out water. The man who had been seizing starts coughing up water, his body spasming. The other two, those who had had the pickaxes, started gasping, pulling what water their was spilling out of the mask into their lungs.

Heal checks from anyone.

SirCatBeard
2015-08-13, 11:17 AM
Charlena pulled the masks off, tubes emerging from the mans mouths as she did so, each tube spilling out water. The man who had been seizing starts coughing up water, his body spasming. The other two, those who had had the pickaxes, started gasping, pulling what water their was spilling out of the mask into their lungs.

Heal checks from anyone.

Terrach, afraid that Daisy may try to help them more, attempts to help the pick-axe men.

[roll0]

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-08-13, 02:08 PM

Heal checks from anyone.

Daisy suddenly stood up very straight, like a light had flashed on in the back of her mind. Terrach's potions probably weren't the only ones in existence. "Help me, they're temporary dwarves!" She said, picking up the seizing miner like a sack of jittery potatoes and dropping him unceremoniously into the shallows. She held his head under with one hand for good measure. They were like dwarves; if she dumped them in the river, maybe they could breathe.

Athedia
2015-08-13, 02:26 PM
Daisy suddenly stood up very straight, like a light had flashed on in the back of her mind. Terrach's potions probably weren't the only ones in existence. "Help me, they're temporary dwarves!" She said, picking up the seizing miner like a sack of jittery potatoes and dropping him unceremoniously into the shallows. She held his head under with one hand for good measure. They were like dwarves; if she dumped them in the river, maybe they could breathe.

Daisy grabbed one of the unconscious miners and held him under the water. After a few seconds the man stopped gasping and slipped back into the calm, knocked out state he had been in before the mask was removed. The coughing man stopped coughing his breathing going back to normal while the other gasping miner started getting raspier and bluer.

Table Flipper
2015-08-13, 05:15 PM
Daisy grabbed one of the unconscious miners and held him under the water. After a few seconds the man stopped gasping and slipped back into the calm, knocked out state he had been in before the mask was removed. The coughing man stopped coughing his breathing going back to normal while the other gasping miner started getting raspier and bluer.

Braxton, seeing Daisy's success with the first miner, quickly does the same thing with a second one (though perhaps a bit more carefully). "They appear to breath water, which must be why they had the water pumps. Someone help the last one!" During this, he attempts to examine the anatomy of the miner, looking for gills or something of the sort.

[roll0]

Athedia
2015-08-13, 05:31 PM
Which miner. This is actually important. The coughing one or the raspy breathing one?

OutOfCreativity
2015-08-13, 06:35 PM
Michelle picks up the last miner and quickly dunks his head under the water. Izzy, meanwhile, stares intently at the miners and try's to figure what type of spell they're under.
spellcraft: [roll0]

TheDiplomancer
2015-08-13, 08:51 PM
"What kind of miners breathe water?" Charlena exclaimed, drawing her sword in case she needed it.

Heal: [roll0]

Athedia
2015-08-13, 09:27 PM
Braxton, seeing Daisy's success with the first miner, quickly does the same thing with a second one (though perhaps a bit more carefully). "They appear to breath water, which must be why they had the water pumps. Someone help the last one!" During this, he attempts to examine the anatomy of the miner, looking for gills or something of the sort.

[roll0]

The miner reacted the same way as the one Daisy was holding in the water, color returning to his face.

Michelle picks up the last miner and quickly dunks his head under the water. Izzy, meanwhile, stares intently at the miners and try's to figure what type of spell they're under.
spellcraft: [roll0]

"What kind of miners breathe water?" Charlena exclaimed, drawing her sword in case she needed it.

[SPOILER=heal check]SPOILER]

As Michelle picked up the last man and started to push him under Charlena noticed a large difference. This man was breathing air, not water. From the coughed up lungfuls of water that he had recently produced she could tell he had until recently been under the same affliction as the two being held underwater, but he was now free of it. Other than the oddity of breathing all the men appear completely normal human beings.

There doesn't seem to be a spell as you know it on the men. But the behaviors of the two in Daisy and Braxton hold mimicked that of a powerful version of a spell. It dominates the afflicted mind and forces them to act against their will. Over time it will wear off, or if the inflicted is able to summon the will to break the spell. The third man, in Michelle's grasp, showed no signs of that spell.

SirCatBeard
2015-08-14, 12:05 AM
Since the living miners are under control now, Terrach has a minute to think:Miners breathing water...hmm, that sounds familiar.

Take 10=10+7==17

Athedia
2015-08-16, 06:10 PM
There is a creature that is rarely seen, called the Aboleth. The slime from its tentacles removes the ability to breath air and it possesses some control over magic, mostly of the variety that allows illusions or mind control.

Don't bother looking it up, I change details

SirCatBeard
2015-08-16, 07:42 PM
Ah, yes! Terrach exclaims, after a few moments' thought. A text Alistair had me read mentioned an aquatic creature, an "Aboleth", whose tentacles prevent a person from breathing air. It should wear off. After some more thought he mutters: I suppose that would also explain their lack of will. If I recall, an Aboleth has some talent with illusion and mind-control magic. Hmm, they're rather rare; why's there is one here now.?.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-08-17, 10:30 AM
Ah, yes! Terrach exclaims, after a few moments' thought. A text Alistair had me read mentioned an aquatic creature, an "Aboleth", whose tentacles prevent a person from breathing air. It should wear off. After some more thought he mutters: I suppose that would also explain their lack of will. If I recall, an Aboleth has some talent with illusion and mind-control magic. Hmm, they're rather rare; why's there is one here now.?.

"To destroy the mine," Daisy said, completely serious. "Although, how would one even get into the mine? As far as I know, normal mines can't support an aquatic creature. Someone had to bring it in."

Maester Rickert
2015-08-17, 12:45 PM
"If this thing can control people's minds then that explains why the're here. It wants to defend itself." Eyvind frowns, concerned. "Anything powerful enough to control multiple people by magic like this is no joke. If we go into that mine, we need to be ready for anything."

SirCatBeard
2015-08-17, 08:30 PM
It can only mind-control a few times a day, as with any magic, but I don't know a way to stop its control, unless the subject can resist it, of course.

Table Flipper
2015-08-17, 08:56 PM
"It seems like there's a lot we don't know about this situation. We can probably ask the miners once they wake up/stop needing to breath water, assuming they aren't too traumatized to remember anything," says Braxton, solemnly regarding the miner he's helping.

OutOfCreativity
2015-08-18, 09:14 AM
For the record, is anyone still bleeding profusely, or have gaping holes where there shouldn't be any? Cuz we should probably heal that now before we go fight the creepy mind controlling squid. said Izzy as she glanced around the party.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-08-18, 11:54 AM
For the record, is anyone still bleeding profusely, or have gaping holes where there shouldn't be any? Cuz we should probably heal that now before we go fight the creepy mind controlling squid. said Izzy as she glanced around the party.

Daisy tentatively raised one hand. "I'm not about to die or anything, but if you have healing, I wouldn't mind."

Daisy is at 22/35 HP.

TheDiplomancer
2015-08-18, 02:04 PM
"I've got you," Charlena said, walking over to Daisy.

Spell: [roll0]

TheDiplomancer
2015-08-18, 08:24 PM
It was only then that she was getting a real grip on what was going on around her. "Michelle, stop!" she exclaimed. "Without the masks, they breathe air! You're drowning him!"

OutOfCreativity
2015-08-20, 12:29 AM
It was only then that she was getting a real grip on what was going on around her. "Michelle, stop!" she exclaimed. "Without the masks, they breathe air! You're drowning him!"

Oops said Michelle looking sheepishly as she quickly pulled the miner out of the water and slapped him several times on the back.

SirCatBeard
2015-08-20, 12:43 AM
Oops said Michelle looking sheepishly as she quickly pulled the miner out of the water and slapped him several times on the back.

"It seems like there's a lot we don't know about this situation. We can probably ask the miners once they wake up/stop needing to breath water, assuming they aren't too traumatized to remember anything," says Braxton, solemnly regarding the miner he's helping.

Figuring that one of the miners should be conscious now since they were all just dunked in water, Terrach decides it is time to finally act on Braxton's suggestion. Well, now that no one is dying can we ask that one what we should expect in there and what in tarnation a creature rare as an aboleth is doing here? Terrach loudly mutters, a bit annoyed at how hard it is to not kill these people after we non-lethally killed them.

Athedia
2015-08-21, 08:57 PM
"I've got you," Charlena said, walking over to Daisy.

CLW for Daisy: [roll0]

The man coughed up what looked like a small ponds worth of water before his breathing slowly returned to normal.

Terrach: [roll1]
Braxton: [roll2]
Charlena: [roll3]
Daisy: [roll4]
Eyvind: [roll5]
Izzie: [roll6]
Michelle: [roll7]

As the discussion continues you notice the man's eyes start to open and then just as quickly close.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-08-22, 07:06 PM
CLW for Daisy: [roll0]

The man coughed up what looked like a small ponds worth of water before his breathing slowly returned to normal.

Terrach: [roll1]
Braxton: [roll2]
Charlena: [roll3]
Daisy: [roll4]
Eyvind: [roll5]
Izzie: [roll6]
Michelle: [roll7]

As the discussion continues you notice the man's eyes start to open and then just as quickly close.

Daisy moves up to the man and pokes him with the tip of her axe. "Time to get up, lazybones. I saw you peeking! We're not mad you attacked us, so go ahead and tell us what's going on!"

Athedia
2015-08-24, 02:47 PM
Daisy moves up to the man and pokes him with the tip of her axe. "Time to get up, lazybones. I saw you peeking! We're not mad you attacked us, so go ahead and tell us what's going on!"

The man continued to feign unconciousness, but repeated pokes with an axe test even the most patient of individuals. Annoyed he opened his eyes and glared at Daisy. "Fine! Stop poking!" He struggled upright, hard to do with both hand in manacles and shook his head, water splattering the group. His voice was gravely, though whether this was normal or a result of the near drowning was impossible to tell. He looked over to where the still unconscious men were being held underwater. "Well, you ain't stupid at least. Sorry buggers couldn't save their own lives if you told them how. And you crossed into His territory, that's what. He doesn't like guests."

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-08-25, 12:39 PM
The man continued to feign unconciousness, but repeated pokes with an axe test even the most patient of individuals. Annoyed he opened his eyes and glared at Daisy. "Fine! Stop poking!" He struggled upright, hard to do with both hand in manacles and shook his head, water splattering the group. His voice was gravely, though whether this was normal or a result of the near drowning was impossible to tell. He looked over to where the still unconscious men were being held underwater. "Well, you ain't stupid at least. Sorry buggers couldn't save their own lives if you told them how. And you crossed into His territory, that's what. He doesn't like guests."

Daisy preened a little at the compliment before replying. "Is 'He' the one who made them breathe water, like dwarves? Can we maybe talk to Him? There's got to be some way to make everyone happy."

She smiled broadly at him before suddenly becoming serious. "Oh, by the way, have you seen my brother? About this tall, blonde, missing front tooth?"

Athedia
2015-08-25, 02:17 PM
Daisy preened a little at the compliment before replying. "Is 'He' the one who made them breathe water, like dwarves? Can we maybe talk to Him? There's got to be some way to make everyone happy."

She smiled broadly at him before suddenly becoming serious. "Oh, by the way, have you seen my brother? About this tall, blonde, missing front tooth?"

The look on the man's face turned to confusion at her mention of dwarves. "I take back what I said, yer touched. Never met a dwarf that can make someone breathe water." He looked over at Terrach and shrugged. "Why yes, yes. I do think you should go 'talk' to him."

He tested the manacles for a few seconds before putting his hands back down. "That halfling yer brother? We let him go talk as well."

Feel free to make a Sense Motive Check

SirCatBeard
2015-08-25, 02:38 PM
The look on the man's face turned to confusion at her mention of dwarves. "I take back what I said, yer touched. Never met a dwarf that can make someone breathe water." He looked over at Terrach and shrugged. "Why yes, yes. I do think you should go 'talk' to him."

He tested the manacles for a few seconds before putting his hands back down. "That halfling yer brother? We let him go talk as well."

Feel free to make a Sense Motive Check

Ignore her, she's stupid, not "touched". Not dwarves, this "he" is called an Aboleth, right. Terrach says in a disgruntled response to the man's glance his way, his statement not really a question. Big, aquatic. Tentacles. You mean "touched" by his tentacles? Or his mind? He controls people. You're not controlled; you with him by choice? Why? Terrach says, accusingly.

Why not.
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Athedia
2015-08-25, 07:14 PM
Ignore her, she's stupid, not "touched". Not dwarves, this "he" is called an Aboleth, right. Terrach says in a disgruntled response to the man's glance his way, his statement not really a question. Big, aquatic. Tentacles. You mean "touched" by his tentacles? Or his mind? He controls people. You're not controlled; you with him by choice? Why? Terrach says, accusingly.

Why not.
Sense Motive: [roll0]

"Touched as in stupid. And he gave us a job, I dunno what he is. We go where there money in it. Went."

Opposed Bluff w/o modifiers: [roll0]

You get the sense that he is not telling the entire truth. He isn't lying about his opinion on Daisy's intelligence, but he knows more than he is saying about her brother. He seems very eager for you to explore the cave.

SirCatBeard
2015-08-25, 07:40 PM
"Touched as in stupid. And he gave us a job, I dunno what he is. We go where there money in it. Went."

You get the sense that he is not telling the entire truth. He isn't lying about his opinion on Daisy's intelligence, but he knows more than he is saying about her brother. He seems very eager for you to explore the cave.

Well, we all know she is stupid, but that's not important right now. But I should warn you that this Daisy-kin is likely just as stupid, and that makes him just as dangerous and unpredictable. Are you sure your master has him under control? How are you containing him?

Terrach glances from the miner to Daisy and back. Oh, by the way, I should mention, for your own safety, that she may be stupid, but she also gets very...hm..."grumpy", when people may have hurt her stupid Daisy-kin.

Seems like intimidation time, if he doesn't answer truthfully.

Maester Rickert
2015-08-26, 02:12 PM
"Yeas, please. Tell us what you can about this Aboleth. And how did it come to live in this mine? It didn't use to, the flooding has been recent. What does it want here?"
[roll0]

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-08-27, 12:26 PM

Daisy kept her face carefully smooth and pleasant, but brought out her axe and started wiping it clean. "You know, I threw this at someone today," she said conversationally. "And before that, I once hit a guy so hard he exploded. And a wolf, but I feel kind of bad about that." Her smile died as she looked at the miner. "None of them said anything about my brother. If there's something you aren't telling me, especially something about River, I swear I will hit you with this axe until I can spread you on my toast tomorrow morning." She looked him over, and gave a grin. "I bet you'd taste even better than that wolf."

[roll0]

Athedia
2015-09-06, 10:25 PM
Well, we all know she is stupid, but that's not important right now. But I should warn you that this Daisy-kin is likely just as stupid, and that makes him just as dangerous and unpredictable. Are you sure your master has him under control? How are you containing him?

Terrach glances from the miner to Daisy and back. Oh, by the way, I should mention, for your own safety, that she may be stupid, but she also gets very...hm..."grumpy", when people may have hurt her stupid Daisy-kin.

The man stared at Terrach and began to laugh. "Go in and find out how in control he is."

"Yeas, please. Tell us what you can about this Aboleth. And how did it come to live in this mine? It didn't use to, the flooding has been recent. What does it want here?"

"Dunno. I just came here meaning to rob these suckers, got paid more to do this gig. Simple math, those quiet ones you killed, they were here before. Probably had some answers." He pointed with his to where the slain skulks lay, the blood starting to soak into the ground.

Daisy kept her face carefully smooth and pleasant, but brought out her axe and started wiping it clean. "You know, I threw this at someone today," she said conversationally. "And before that, I once hit a guy so hard he exploded. And a wolf, but I feel kind of bad about that." Her smile died as she looked at the miner. "None of them said anything about my brother. If there's something you aren't telling me, especially something about River, I swear I will hit you with this axe until I can spread you on my toast tomorrow morning." She looked him over, and gave a grin. "I bet you'd taste even better than that wolf."

The man pushed back against the wall of the mine, distancing himself from Daisy. "Look the fool's alive. Don't know more than that. All my orders were to widen the mouth here, that's it. Don't know why or what is doing the telling. The pale freaks were the only ones going in the back, them and the dullards there. I stayed this side, 'cept when going deeper."
No modifiers: [roll0]

Table Flipper
2015-09-12, 02:45 PM
Braxton, currently tending to both miners now that Daisy left the one to go intimidating, glances at the conscious miner. "So you've stayed on this side expect when 'going deeper.' So you have been in the mine, then? So you say you can't tell us anymore about what this Aboleth wants, but perhaps you can give us some information regarding the layout of the mine. Bear in mind that any cooperation can help us look past the fact that you attacked us and who knows who else."

[roll0]

[roll1]
I don't know if this roll makes is redundant given Daisy's apparent intimidation success, but it feels like it fits with the dialogue.

Athedia
2015-09-13, 12:50 AM
Braxton, currently tending to both miners now that Daisy left the one to go intimidating, glances at the conscious miner. "So you've stayed on this side except when 'going deeper.' So you have been in the mine, then? So you say you can't tell us anymore about what this Aboleth wants, but perhaps you can give us some information regarding the layout of the mine. Bear in mind that any cooperation can help us look past the fact that you attacked us and who knows who else."

"Somewhat yeah. Mine dips lower later on. Used to be some tunnels down there or something, but they all blocked. Before I got here at least. Some store rooms before the dip, gang and I slept there. Freaks and idiots on the other side of the dip. If they slept at all. Didn't really explore the rooms beyond sleep. Couple bags of dust, guess miners are all like those louts. Won't have got a good haul here anyway. And the freaks stored some stuff in a back room, but we weren't 'lowed back there. Dunno other than that." As the man spoke he edged behind Braxton and further from Daisy. As people moved he attempted to keep the paladin between the half-orc and himself. "So uh... don't let her kill me. Told you what I know here."

As he speaks, those holding down the miners see the beginning of bubbles start to appear.

Table Flipper
2015-09-13, 11:32 AM
"Somewhat yeah. Mine dips lower later on. Used to be some tunnels down there or something, but they all blocked. Before I got here at least. Some store rooms before the dip, gang and I slept there. Freaks and idiots on the other side of the dip. If they slept at all. Didn't really explore the rooms beyond sleep. Couple bags of dust, guess miners are all like those louts. Won't have got a good haul here anyway. And the freaks stored some stuff in a back room, but we weren't 'lowed back there. Dunno other than that." As the man spoke he edged behind Braxton and further from Daisy. As people moved he attempted to keep the paladin between the half-orc and himself. "So uh... don't let her kill me. Told you what I know here."

As he speaks, those holding down the miners see the beginning of bubbles start to appear.

"Thank you fo..." Braxton's response is cut off as he sees the bubbles forming around the miners. Cautiously, he pulls the miners heads above the water so that they can breath air, but checks to make sure that they really are starting to need air, and that the bubbles were not from something else.

Athedia
2015-09-13, 11:46 AM
The miners are breathing air peacefully again, eyes still closed in unconsciousness.

SirCatBeard
2015-09-14, 09:42 AM
The man stared at Terrach and began to laugh. "Go in and find out how in control he is."

"Dunno. I just came here meaning to rob these suckers, got paid more to do this gig. Simple math, those quiet ones you killed, they were here before. Probably had some answers." He pointed with his to where the slain skulks lay, the blood starting to soak into the ground.

The man pushed back against the wall of the mine, distancing himself from Daisy. "Look the fool's alive. Don't know more than that. All my orders were to widen the mouth here, that's it. Don't know why or what is doing the telling. The pale freaks were the only ones going in the back, them and the dullards there. I stayed this side, 'cept when going deeper."
No modifiers: [roll0]

Okay, so you aren't a complete idiot; that one is somewhat frightening. Terrach is mildly pleased to see the man who laughed at him cower from Daisy. Turning to the party: So, now we know where we are going, thanks Braxton. He said they were widening the entrance; sounds like that means something big, like an Aboleth, wants to get out, and that doesn't sound like a good thing. I doubt these "dullards" will be of much help unless we can restore their minds. I say we just get going, now that everyone is breathing again and we have some idea of the layout inside. Terrach says, as he secures his new belt.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-09-15, 07:12 PM
Okay, so you aren't a complete idiot; that one is somewhat frightening. Terrach is mildly pleased to see the man who laughed at him cower from Daisy. Turning to the party: So, now we know where we are going, thanks Braxton. He said they were widening the entrance; sounds like that means something big, like an Aboleth, wants to get out, and that doesn't sound like a good thing. I doubt these "dullards" will be of much help unless we can restore their minds. I say we just get going, now that everyone is breathing again and we have some idea of the layout inside. Terrach says, as he secures his new belt.

Daisy smiled pleasantly at the miner and Braxton while she carefully stowed away her axe. "Thank you very much! I knew we could all get along!"
She looked around at Terrach gleefully. "Let's go! I wan't to hurry and rescue River before dinner- he gets grumpy when he hasn't eaten. It doesn't matter how awful this Abby is, we can just hit her a lot, and everything should be great!"

[/COLOR]

TheDiplomancer
2015-09-16, 06:57 PM
"Yay, more dark tunnels with who-knows-what waiting for us!" Charlena exclaimed, half-sarcastically. "But, you know, what's a quest without the chance of death?"

Table Flipper
2015-09-21, 03:48 PM
"I want to see what these other miners have to say, and we can't just leave them here unconscious anyway." Braxton says, a bit dismayed, though understanding, of the group's eagerness, especially Daisy's, to simply get moving with no regard for the prisoners. To speed things up, Braxton uses lay on hands on the other two miners, hoping to bring them back into consciousness.

Lay on Hands Miner 1: [roll0]
Lay on Hands Miner 2: [roll1]
Reminder to Self: 3/4 uses of LoH used today.

OutOfCreativity
2015-09-21, 05:01 PM
Listen, I'm as excited to beat up this overpowered squid as the next person said Izzy, Im mean, its gonna be awesome! we get to breath underwater and explore creepy henchmen infected caves, and maybe even get calamari when its all said and done and mph!What Izzy's trying to say Michelle said as she covered her summoners mouth with her hand, is that we shouldnt rush into the mine without first exploring every option and getting all the information we can. And right now that means we need to interrogate these miners.

Maester Rickert
2015-09-21, 05:07 PM
"Well, we've made it this far. And I for one should like to see this creature for myself."
Eyvind walks over to the miners who Braxton has just healed. "Hello there! My name is Eyvind, and my friends and I are trying to get to the bottom of the goings-on in this mine. Now I understand you've just been enchanted by a monster for sometime, so don't rush yourself, but if you can tell us everything you can remember about what's down here, it'd be a big help!" He smiles, encouragingly.

1d20+4

Athedia
2015-09-21, 07:26 PM
The bruises on both men healed and their breathing deepened. One of them opened it's eyes and started at Braxton and then Eyvind. A monotone voice emerged, slowly as if the speaker was sending sentences one at a time.

"Intelligent. You know about the enchantments. So I assume you know of me. These men will tell you nothing, not while I live. Leave now and tell your masters. This is my mine now."

Maester Rickert
2015-09-22, 07:15 AM
The bruises on both men healed and their breathing deepened. One of them opened it's eyes and started at Braxton and then Eyvind. A monotone voice emerged, slowly as if the speaker was sending sentences one at a time.

"Intelligent. You know about the enchantments. So I assume you know of me. These men will tell you nothing, not while I live. Leave now and tell your masters. This is my mine now."

Eyvind's eyes widen. "Wow. Uh, so may I ask who I'm speaking to then?"

SirCatBeard
2015-09-22, 07:41 PM

The Aboleth, of course. Obviously. The question should be: What do you want with this place? Why are you even here? Terrach says to Eyvind and the Voice in the miner.

Athedia
2015-09-27, 12:00 PM

The Aboleth, of course. Obviously. The question should be: What do you want with this place? Why are you even here? Terrach says to Eyvind and the Voice in the miner.

The men didn't respond, the awake one staring out. His eyes had gone back to an unfocused haze and even Daisy could tell he wasn't going to answer any more questions.

The awake man started squirming away from the group, wrestling with his bonds. "Look, he's gonna kill you. Then he's gonna kill me. Or worse." He looked up at Braxton, pleading in his eyes. "Do whatever but let me go! My mother always said 'Erik, those folk, shiny armor folk. Go to them to help.' Well, leaving me to ****ing die isn't HELPING!!!"

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-09-28, 08:05 AM
The men didn't respond, the awake one staring out. His eyes had gone back to an unfocused haze and even Daisy could tell he wasn't going to answer any more questions.

The awake man started squirming away from the group, wrestling with his bonds. "Look, he's gonna kill you. Then he's gonna kill me. Or worse." He looked up at Braxton, pleading in his eyes. "Do whatever but let me go! My mother always said 'Erik, those folk, shiny armor folk. Go to them to help.' Well, leaving me to ****ing die isn't HELPING!!!"

Daisy put one hand on her chin and stared at 'Erik' for a long moment. "Well, we could always just let him go back to town. Otherwise wolves might eat him while we're talking to Abby." She smiled broadly at the rest of the party. "Either way, we should probably get going before Abby boards herself up in a hole or something."

Table Flipper
2015-09-29, 09:29 PM

Braxton kneels down and looks at the man firmly, but with no hostility, in the eye, We can let you go, but we need to help us just a little more. We need you to get these other miners, and yourself, I might add, to the safety of the refugee camp. Can you do that for us?

[roll0]

Maester Rickert
2015-09-29, 09:59 PM
Daisy put one hand on her chin and stared at 'Erik' for a long moment. "Well, we could always just let him go back to town. Otherwise wolves might eat him while we're talking to Abby." She smiled broadly at the rest of the party. "Either way, we should probably get going before Abby boards herself up in a hole or something."

"Agreed. We should be on our way. What do you say, Izzy?"

OutOfCreativity
2015-09-30, 11:11 PM
"Agreed. We should be on our way. What do you say, Izzy?"

Hey, as long as they agree not to attack us, and seeing as they were mind controlled to being with, I say we let them leave and go kick some squid ass! she yelled, throwing a fist at they air.

Athedia
2015-10-01, 12:40 AM
Braxton kneels down and looks at the man firmly, but with no hostility, in the eye, We can let you go, but we need to help us just a little more. We need you to get these other miners, and yourself, I might add, to the safety of the refugee camp. Can you do that for us?

[roll0]

"And get hung on the spot? No thank you. Anyway all the village left, heard they are up at Walsley's castle. No way am I headed up there."

SirCatBeard
2015-10-01, 01:09 PM
"And get hung on the spot? No thank you. Anyway all the village left, heard they are up at Walsley's castle. No way am I headed up there."

So he's not gonna help. Well, we have to deal with the Aboleth. I say we leave the two mind-controlled ones well tied up, maybe with some food, until we get back. I see no other way if this jerk won't help, even when a holy paladin makes a simple request. He wants our help, but doesn't care enough to repay us for Saving His Life, even after he tried to kill us. Terrach says, with particular emphasis on the holy and Good nature of Braxton and on the fact that we saved his stupid, little life.

Athedia
2015-10-01, 08:00 PM
So he's not gonna help. Well, we have to deal with the Aboleth. I say we leave the two mind-controlled ones well tied up, maybe with some food, until we get back. I see no other way if this jerk won't help, even when a holy paladin makes a simple request. He wants our help, but doesn't care enough to repay us for Saving His Life, even after he tried to kill us. Terrach says, with particular emphasis on the holy and Good nature of Braxton and on the fact that we saved his stupid, little life.

"And where would he have stood if he had killed a defenseless man? Sending me off with those idiots is the same as if he took the sword and chopped my head off himself." The man stared Terrach down face frozen in contempt.

SirCatBeard
2015-10-02, 11:51 AM
"And where would he have stood if he had killed a defenseless man? Sending me off with those idiots is the same as if he took the sword and chopped my head off himself." The man stared Terrach down face frozen in contempt.

I was referring to the Aboleth; how you say if we don't let you go he will kill you. And to saving you from the idiot girl with the axe. We choose to let you go, can give you assurance and documentation so Lord "Ballsey" won't hang you, and all we ask is that you take two chained up "idiots" to anyone else. Terrach stares right back, his stern gaze perhaps hindered by the cat in his beard trying to swat the guy from too far away.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-10-03, 06:54 PM
I was referring to the Aboleth; how you say if we don't let you go he will kill you. And to saving you from the idiot girl with the axe. We choose to let you go, can give you assurance and documentation so Lord "Ballsey" won't hang you, and all we ask is that you take two chained up "idiots" to anyone else. Terrach stares right back, his stern gaze perhaps hindered by the cat in his beard trying to swat the guy from too far away.

Daisy looked from Erik to Terrach for a moment, as if in deep thought. "He'll be fine," she finally proclaimed, hefting Terrach over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes and starting off towards the mine entrance. Of course, she was rather careful not to accidentally squish the cat.

Just so y'all know, I did get permission from both Athedia and Catbeard, as they felt the argument was going nowhere. This sort of shenanigan would probably not be okay if I had not asked first.

SirCatBeard
2015-10-04, 02:02 PM
Daisy looked from Erik to Terrach for a moment, as if in deep thought. "He'll be fine," she finally proclaimed, hefting Terrach over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes and starting off towards the mine entrance. Of course, she was rather careful not to accidentally squish the cat.

Just so y'all know, I did get permission from both Athedia and Catbeard, as they felt the argument was going nowhere. This sort of shenanigan would probably not be okay if I had not asked first.

Terrach knees Daisy in the chest and jumps down, but continues towards the mine entrance, with a final angry look back at the guy, and one very angry look for Daisy.

Maester Rickert
2015-10-05, 06:16 PM
"Glad everything's sorted." Eyvind turns to Izzy, don'tscrewthisupdon'tscrewthisup.... and nods toward the mine entrance. "After you!"

Table Flipper
2015-10-05, 10:40 PM
Terrach knees Daisy in the chest and jumps down, but continues towards the mine entrance, with a final angry look back at the guy, and one very angry look for Daisy.

Braxton shakes his head with an amused smile at their antics, but then turns toward Erik and the others miners with a more serious look. Leaving the still-controlled miners is one thing, the Aboleth could cause them to hurt themselves, or cause more havoc (for the party or the refugees), otherwise. However, he couldn't leave Erik there defenseless, even if he didn't completely trust him.

Braxton walks over and releases Erik, giving him a day's worth of rations as well. "This should be enough to get you wherever you plan to go. I trust that you will keep your nose clean from here on out, correct?" said Braxton firmly.

Athedia
2015-10-05, 11:49 PM
Braxton shakes his head with an amused smile at their antics, but then turns toward Erik and the others miners with a more serious look. Leaving the still-controlled miners is one thing, the Aboleth could cause them to hurt themselves, or cause more havoc (for the party or the refugees), otherwise. However, he couldn't leave Erik there defenseless, even if he didn't completely trust him.

Braxton walks over and releases Erik, giving him a day's worth of rations as well. "This should be enough to get you wherever you plan to go. I trust that you will keep your nose clean from here on out, correct?" said Braxton firmly.

Erik stood up rubbing at his wrists. He grabbed the rations and looked down the trail. "Sure. Whatever you say." He started down the path, edging around the pool of blood from one of the dead skulks. As he left Braxton could hear one last muttered sentence. "Weird freak. Nose blowing fetish or some ****."

Inside the Mine:

As the group ventures deeper into the mines, the path they are on grows narrower. Braxton, Charlena and Eyvind struggle to see where the water starts or even the pebbles under their feet. Izzy fairs slightly better, but she still misses the occasional rock as the light grows darker (it helps Michelle occasionally picks her up and moves her away from waters edge without a word to anyone). Daisy and Terrach are comfortable, their vision shifting to a black and white version of the world, as familiar to them as it is strange to the rest of the world. The two most visually adept leading the way they soon get far enough into the mine that the entrance is no longer visible. The narrow path is done, merging into an open doorway to the groups right. Deep below, under the water, a faint purple light is visible.

OutOfCreativity
2015-10-08, 01:00 PM
If you insist Izzy said, flashing him a grin and bounding off.

Table Flipper
2015-10-09, 04:11 PM
Erik stood up rubbing at his wrists. He grabbed the rations and looked down the trail. "Sure. Whatever you say." He started down the path, edging around the pool of blood from one of the dead skulks. As he left Braxton could hear one last muttered sentence. "Weird freak. Nose blowing fetish or some ****."

Inside the Mine:

As the group ventures deeper into the mines, the path they are on grows narrower. Braxton, Charlena and Eyvind struggle to see where the water starts or even the pebbles under their feet. Izzy fairs slightly better, but she still misses the occasional rock as the light grows darker (it helps Michelle occasionally picks her up and moves her away from waters edge without a word to anyone). Daisy and Terrach are comfortable, their vision shifting to a black and white version of the world, as familiar to them as it is strange to the rest of the world. The two most visually adept leading the way they soon get far enough into the mine that the entrance is no longer visible. The narrow path is done, merging into an open doorway to the groups right. Deep below, under the water, a faint purple light is visible.

Huh. A lot of metaphors ARE weird when you give them some though. Oh well. I hope he doesn't cause too much trouble.

Once inside the mine, Braxton lights a torch, and takes a look for anything of interest but might not have been readily visible.

[roll0]
Note: Not sure if there are any penalties due to torch in low light, so those aren't factored in here.

TheDiplomancer
2015-10-09, 11:00 PM
"Ugh, I can't see a thing down here!" Charlena exclaimed. "Wait a second!" She dug through her bag before producing the magic dragon candelabra. It lit instantly. "Much better."

SirCatBeard
2015-10-10, 06:29 PM
Terrach hands Freya to Michelle: Here, watch her, I have to check what is under the water again, and you are not holding fire. He then removes his pack and armored kilt, keeping his belt and his hand axe on it, just in case, and enters the water, swimming down a good distance until he can get a better view of the source of the light.

Take 10 on swim check: 10+7=17(removed kilt, so no ACP)
Perception(not sure if I can take 10 underwater, or if that gives a penalty to perception): [roll0]
I will swim a maximum of 100ft. (~10 rounds, 60 seconds) without further information, or until I can get a better sense of the source of the light.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-10-17, 11:45 AM
"Ugh, I can't see a thing down here!" Charlena exclaimed. "Wait a second!" She dug through her bag before producing the magic dragon candelabra. It lit instantly. "Much better."

Daisy looked in confusion at the darkened candelabra. "Isn't that thing supposed to light up?"

Athedia
2015-10-17, 11:58 AM
Everyone:
As Daisy spoke the candelabra flickered into life, each dragon spitting out a small heatless flame. The water and path were clear now though it was still impossible to see how deep it went. The doorway to the right was now clearly visible, undone bedrolls lying on the floor. Now that there is light the party can see another door, closed this time, at the back of the room.

Terrach:
As Terrach swims deeper he can feel the cold leeching at his skin. This water lacks the current present in the river section, but it makes up for it with the cold. As he swims he sees a flicker of light from the direction he came from.

The purple light grows brighter as he swims, it is deep on the bottom of the mine turned lake. The source of the light is a large glowing crystal that appears to have grown roots into the sides of the mine. The light pulses as he grows closer.

Terrach also notices the piles of rock as he swims past them. It looks as though some of the mines tunnels have been caved in, preventing water from flowing into them.

SirCatBeard
2015-10-17, 11:58 PM
Terrach:
As Terrach swims deeper he can feel the cold leeching at his skin. This water lacks the current present in the river section, but it makes up for it with the cold. As he swims he sees a flicker of light from the direction he came from.

The purple light grows brighter as he swims, it is deep on the bottom of the mine turned lake. The source of the light is a large glowing crystal that appears to have grown roots into the sides of the mine. The light pulses as he grows closer.

Terrach also notices the piles of rock as he swims past them. It looks as though some of the mines tunnels have been caved in, preventing water from flowing into them.

Deciding that he probably couldn't remove the crystal or break it with his axe while underwater, and realizing that he had no idea what it was, except of course that it was quite beautiful: glowing purple in the water. Water and light go well together, he thought to himself. Then he began to swim back to the surface and see if one of the others had any idea what this pretty crystal was.

Upon reaching the surface, Terrach shakes off a bit to dry, dons his kilt and grabs his pack. Some big glowy crystal growing into the mine down there. Any idea what that could be, seems magic-isch? Changed and pulsed as I got close. Terrach asks, as he walks over to Michelle to retrieve Freya. It was quite pretty, there are also some tunnels that are probably not flooded. Thanks, I trust she didn't give you any trouble.

Maester Rickert
2015-10-18, 07:28 PM
"A crystal, hmm? Interesting." Eyvind turns to look at the glow, squinting. "Waters cold and fires bright, grant my eyes the serpent's Sight." he whispers.
Detect Magic

Table Flipper
2015-10-20, 10:00 PM
Braxton steps through the open doorway (not too far in, but just enough to get a better look at the room) and looks around the room.

Athedia
2015-10-20, 11:12 PM
Braxton:
As Braxton looks around he spots the discarded bedrolls that must have belonged to Erik and his friends. It doesn't look like anything of value was left behind. Along the back wall there is another door, this one with a simple bar across it. It doesn't look to heavy, more to keep an errant breeze from entering than an inquisitive person.

Eyvind:

As Eyvind focuses he sees that the crystal is the only magic item under the water. The aura emanating from the crystal is strong, so strong he knows that only someone of great power could have created this. Focusing longer and fighting back the headache the bright aura creates he notices that the there are smaller auras at the base of the larger one. He will have to go closer to see what they hold.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-10-21, 07:34 PM
Braxton:
As Braxton looks around he spots the discarded bedrolls that must have belonged to Erik and his friends. It doesn't look like anything of value was left behind. Along the back wall there is another door, this one with a simple bar across it. It doesn't look to heavy, more to keep an errant breeze from entering than an inquisitive person.

Eyvind:

As Eyvind focuses he sees that the crystal is the only magic item under the water. The aura emanating from the crystal is strong, so strong he knows that only someone of great power could have created this. Focusing longer and fighting back the headache the bright aura creates he notices that the there are smaller auras at the base of the larger one. He will have to go closer to see what they hold.

Daisy watched Eyvind watch the crystal for a while, but that got boring awfully quickly.

Seeing Braxton peek into the open door, she stomped right on in, examining the bedrolls and other effects before knocking loudly upon the barred door. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

SirCatBeard
2015-10-22, 04:27 PM
"A crystal, hmm? Interesting." Eyvind turns to look at the glow, squinting. "Waters cold and fires bright, grant my eyes the serpent's Sight." he whispers.
Detect Magic

You can see it much better from down there; it's only about 30ft. It has such beauty we should take it, but it wouldn't budge for me. Is it magic?

OutOfCreativity
2015-10-22, 08:15 PM
Why is a crystal as powerful as that at the bottom of a flooded mine? Izzy mumbled to herself. What do you think Eyvind? she said, walking over to stand by the edge of the water. Michelle followed her closely, knowing Izzy's luck a giant tentacle monster would appear out of nowhere and attack them.

Maester Rickert
2015-10-23, 11:44 PM
"Yeah, it's magic. Powerful, too. But it's strongest near the roots." *Eyvind approaches the crystal, trying to get a closer look to see if he can glean anymore insight from it.

Athedia
2015-10-28, 08:48 PM
Eyvind and Izzie:

Both mages realize they would have to swim down into the dark water if they want to get a better look at the crystal.

Daisy and Braxton:

All you hear is an echoing sound as the knock and Daisy's voice sound through the room. The door has a Daisy fist sized dent in it now.

SirCatBeard
2015-10-30, 11:14 PM
Not wanting to concede the beauty of this crystal to the mine, Terrach exclaims, a little annoyed at their apparent hesitation to get a little wet, Well? One of you magic people should go take a look. And bring it back.

Table Flipper
2015-11-01, 06:42 PM
Braxton steps into the room (not behind the door, he walks into the open room as opposed to just peeking in). "Looks like nobody's home," he said, not quite convinced. He thinks about trying to open the door, but hesitates. He decides instead to examine the door to try to see if there is some sort of security measure in place.

[roll0]

Athedia
2015-11-14, 08:01 PM
Why is a crystal as powerful as that at the bottom of a flooded mine? Izzy mumbled to herself. What do you think Eyvind? she said, walking over to stand by the edge of the water. Michelle followed her closely, knowing Izzy's luck a giant tentacle monster would appear out of nowhere and attack them.

Izzie slowly swam into the deep water the cold leeching into her skin. As she got closer to the bright crystal she could feel the power flowing it. It looks like a strong hit would break the small crystals rooting it to the stone, the magic coming from them is weak and residual, much like a crystalized plaster cast.

You have heard of objects like this, they are unlocked by the sacrifice of spell slots, usually permanently. Shutting them down is a simpler matter, just requiring a concentrated force of arcane magic equivalent to a spell. The crystal itself is to powerful to identify.

Braxton steps into the room (not behind the door, he walks into the open room as opposed to just peeking in). "Looks like nobody's home," he said, not quite convinced. He thinks about trying to open the door, but hesitates. He decides instead to examine the door to try to see if there is some sort of security measure in place.

As Braxton examines the door he finds no traps associated, unless he counts the myriad splinters on the wood from the aging door. The only security in place is the bar that currently holds the door shut, something that looks like many of the storage rooms he had seen in the temples he had studied in. Enough to keep animals and small children out, but not much more.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-11-18, 06:05 PM
After listening for a while at the closed door, Daisy politely pushed Braxton to one side and opened it. She walked right on in, yelling "HELLO? ANYONE HOME?" at the top of her lungs.

Athedia
2015-11-18, 06:52 PM
After listening for a while at the closed door, Daisy politely pushed Braxton to one side and opened it. She walked right on in, yelling "HELLO? ANYONE HOME?" at the top of her lungs.

The room echoed with Daisy's shout. There was in fact, no one home. Unless Daisy counted the wooden barrels along the wall as people. There were about 7 barrels each filled with an odd off white powder that looked like chalk dust. In the puddles around the the barrels were little marble shaped pellets, each sitting in a patch of dryness.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-11-18, 10:20 PM
The room echoed with Daisy's shout. There was in fact, no one home. Unless Daisy counted the wooden barrels along the wall as people. There were about 7 barrels each filled with an odd off white powder that looked like chalk dust. In the puddles around the the barrels were little marble shaped pellets, each sitting in a patch of dryness.

"Hey! Sugar!" Daisy paused for a moment. "Or is it salt?" Daisy walked over to the nearest barrel, took a fingerful of the chalky powder, and shoved it into her mouth.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-11-19, 07:23 PM
Daisy spat- or at least tried to spit as the white powder leeched the water from her mouth. She stumbled back through the rooms, barely avoiding knocking Terrach into the water as she stuck her face in the river and drank deeply for a very long time.

When the horrible drying sensation abated, she came up for air and carefully wiped the water off of her face with the corner of her poncho. "That stuff's very salty," she said hoarsely. "I vote we don't put it on the rations."

SirCatBeard
2015-11-21, 09:48 PM
Daisy spat- or at least tried to spit as the white powder leeched the water from her mouth. She stumbled back through the rooms, barely avoiding knocking Terrach into the water as she stuck her face in the river and drank deeply for a very long time.

When the horrible drying sensation abated, she came up for air and carefully wiped the water off of her face with the corner of her poncho. "That stuff's very salty," she said hoarsely. "I vote we don't put it on the rations."

Terrach, not at all surprised at Daisy's stupidity, but slightly amused murmurs: Heh! You always go around eating the first thing you find.?. Not every white powder is sugar or salt. 'Specially in a mine with an otherworldly monster with skulky minions in it. It's a wonder you survived this long. Then he turns back to the water and waits impatiently for the mage to surface with the crystal.

OutOfCreativity
2015-11-22, 10:54 AM
this better be worth it Izzy thinks to Michelle as she strikes the smaller crystals at the base with a concentrated blast of arcane magic.

TheDiplomancer
2015-11-22, 04:54 PM
Charlena shook her head at Daisy nearly killing herself over a white powder. "Okay, I vote that no one but the mages touches anything," she said. "We don't know what any of this stuff does."

Athedia
2015-11-23, 11:45 PM
this better be worth it Izzy thinks to Michelle as she strikes the smaller crystals at the base with a concentrated blast of arcane magic.

Note, Michelle is not telepathic unless you can point to a specific ability.

The arcane blast of pure magic hits the crystal and the light dims before shutting off. Now that there is only a dim light, Izzie can see that the small crystals can be easily broken with a good hit from another object.

Izzie deactivated the large crystal. Attack and damage rolls (roll as many as you want but remember that you need air at some point) to break off the small crystals.

OutOfCreativity
2015-11-28, 04:34 PM
[for Athedia]Note, Michelle is not telepathic unless you can point to a specific ability.--- sorry! for some reason I thought that telepathy was part of bond senses, my bad.

The arcane blast of pure magic hits the crystal and the light dims before shutting off. Now that there is only a dim light, Izzie can see that the small crystals can be easily broken with a good hit from another object.

Izzy grabs the dagger from her belt and strikes at the small crystals.

attack :[roll0]
dagger: [roll1]
[/QUOTE]

SirCatBeard
2015-11-28, 05:38 PM

Seeing the light fade, Terrach guesses that the magic is gone, and he can now get the crystal free himself, as he was annoyed at being unable to do it himself due to the magic. He walks over to Braxton and hands him Freya again, and prepares to go swimming again. Mind watching her again.?. Without another word he climbs into the water again and swims to the crystal. After motioning for Izzy to move out of the way, Terrach strikes at the small, no longer glowing crystals.

Attack-Main: [roll0]
Damage-Main: [roll1]
Crit-Main: [roll2]

Attack-Off: [roll3]
Damage-Off: [roll4]
Crit-Off: [roll5]

Athedia
2015-11-28, 05:39 PM

Izzy grabs the dagger from her belt and strikes at the small crystals.

attack :[roll0]
dagger: [roll1]

Izzie forgot to put all her strength into the blow, not taking into account the resistance in the water.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-12-01, 04:22 PM
Daisy waited impatiently for the divers to surface. "If they're down there for too long, do you think we could pour some of the special salt in the water? Then we could just walk down to the glowing light!

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-12-04, 07:50 PM
Daisy waited, half-expecting someone to come up and stop her. After a moment, she shrugged.

She picked up one of the barrels, being careful not to touch any of the painfully dry powder.

"This should help you!" she yelled down to Izzy and Terrach, pouring the entire barrel into the water and smiling broadly.

Yes, doubleposting. But nothing was happening so I got GM permission. Prepare for trouble.

Table Flipper
2015-12-05, 04:31 PM
Daisy waited impatiently for the divers to surface. "If they're down there for too long, do you think we could pour some of the special salt in the water? Then we could just walk down to the glowing light!

It had been a long day, and it took Braxton a moment to process the idea he had just heard. "I mean, I wouldn't..."

Daisy waited, half-expecting someone to come up and stop her. After a moment, she shrugged.

She picked up one of the barrels, being careful not to touch any of the painfully dry powder.

"This should help you!" she yelled down to Izzy and Terrach, pouring the entire barrel into the water and smiling broadly.

Yes, doubleposting. But nothing was happening so I got GM permission. Prepare for trouble.

"...oh."

Athedia
2015-12-05, 04:33 PM
Izzy and Terrach kept attempting to break the large crystal away but only managed to chip the smaller crystals. While they repeated slammed down on the small crystals, Daisy poured the dusty powder into the water. The effect was near instantaneous. The water was swiftly absorbed into the dust creating a rain of small marble like pellets that piled up at the base of the slope. Izzy, Michelle and Terrach found themselves suspended in mid-air for half a second before plummeting to the ground. Terrach landed on the large crystal with a loud crack, freeing it from the smaller crystals around it.

Acrobatics Check DC 10 for Izzy, Michelle and Terrach. If failed [roll0] nonlethal damage. No damage if passed.

TheDiplomancer
2015-12-05, 04:37 PM
"Good thing you spit that out," Charlena commented. She looked down at the glowing crystal in the ditch where the water used to be. "Is it safe?"

SirCatBeard
2015-12-05, 07:50 PM
As the water disappeared from around him, Terrach glared up at Daisy before falling with the rain of marbles of absorbed moisture. Oof. Well, that's one way to dry off. Rising and stretching his back after its impact with the crystal, Terrach looked down and picked it up, examining it with awe. Huh, that did it. Maybe you're not entirely witless after all. He says to Daisy. Just mostly.

Acrobatics Check: [roll0]

Maester Rickert
2015-12-06, 06:40 PM
"Izzy! Are you alright down there?" Eyvind calls as he tries to climb down into the area which had until recently been filled with water.

Athedia
2015-12-06, 07:17 PM
Eyvind only stumbles a little climbing down the slope. It looks like it was an old tunnel that had gotten more eroded by the water buildup. As he lights up the area below everyone can see that there are rocks sealing off some old tunnels to the side and a clear path in front. Some water is dripping down to refill the area they stand in but at a much lower rate and what does reach the bottom is quickly absorbed by the loose dust.

OutOfCreativity
2015-12-07, 10:22 PM
[roll0] for Izzy
[roll1] for Michelle

What the hell Daisy! screamed Izzy as she fell, landing with a thud on top of Michelle.

SirCatBeard
2015-12-09, 08:25 PM
Terrach looks up to the party, though addressing Braxton more than the rest: Hey, there are old tunnels down here. We could open one of them pretty easily. There's also one already clear. Worth looking into. Do you think should we bring more of that magic salt with us? Be careful bringing Freya down.

Tucking the crystal under one arm, Terrach walks to each of the tunnels and examines them as far as he can see, clearing enough rocks to see into the blocked-off tunnels.

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-12-09, 10:29 PM
Terrach looks up to the party, though addressing Braxton more than the rest: Hey, there are old tunnels down here. We could open one of them pretty easily. There's also one already clear. Worth looking into. Do you think should we bring more of that magic salt with us? Be careful bringing Freya down.

Tucking the crystal under one arm, Terrach walks to each of the tunnels and examines them as far as he can see, clearing enough rocks to see into the blocked-off tunnels.

"I'll get the salt!" Daisy yelled, grabbing a barrel of the substance and bringing it to the edge. She looked slowly from the barrel to the cliffside. "Could I get someone's help with this? Maybe someone with rope?"

Table Flipper
2015-12-22, 03:16 PM
"I'll get the salt!" Daisy yelled, grabbing a barrel of the substance and bringing it to the edge. She looked slowly from the barrel to the cliffside. "Could I get someone's help with this? Maybe someone with rope?"

Braxton looks at the slope, and then at the torch in one hand and Freya in the other. "By hands are a bit full right now, so I should probably not help you at this particular moment, especially since I'm currently carrying some precious cargo." He looks at Freya, and says in a cutsie voice "Yes I am. Yes I am."

Athedia
2015-12-22, 03:29 PM
With a little manuevering and more than a little slipping Daisy managed to get to the bottom of the slope, Braxton following in a much more dignified manner. With ample light at the bottom it is now obvious that Many tunnels had been blocked up with stone, but the main path lay clear ahead. Clear except for the hundreds of thousands of round marbles that held the gallons of water that had once taken up this area. On the other side of the ball pit of water marbles there was another slope up. What had once been a rush of water had now slowed to a trickle, constant but much smaller.

OutOfCreativity
2015-12-24, 02:06 AM
"So where do you think that leads?" asked Izzy, gesturing at the slope in front of them.

Maester Rickert
2015-12-29, 03:02 AM
"So where do you think that leads?" asked Izzy, gesturing at the slope in front of them.

"Only one way to find out!" Eyvind remarks brightly, stepping forward to explore the area.

Athedia
2015-12-29, 05:15 PM
"Only one way to find out!" Eyvind remarks brightly, stepping forward to explore the area.

As Eyvind stepped forward confidentially his foot landed on one of translucent marbles. As it cracked an explosion of water erupted sending him knocking back against Michelle and Izzie. The water is just as quickly absorbed by some of the loose powder still lying around

aReallyGreatAxe
2015-12-31, 06:07 PM
As Eyvind stepped forward confidentially his foot landed on one of translucent marbles. As it cracked an explosion of water erupted sending him knocking back against Michelle and Izzie. The water is just as quickly absorbed by some of the loose powder still lying around

Daisy hopped across, trying to avoid the pellets (and mostly failing, due to balancing the keg of "special salt" on one shoulder.) "Right, Eyvind! Probably one way to find out!
Upon reaching the other side, Daisy took a look around.

Athedia
2015-12-31, 06:19 PM
Daisy hopped across, trying to avoid the pellets (and mostly failing, due to balancing the keg of "special salt" on one shoulder.) "Right, Eyvind! Probably one way to find out!

I need a reflex save from Daisy

Athedia
2015-12-31, 06:29 PM
The wave of water that erupted from the beads knocked Daisy back. Through a series of rather a acrobatic maneuvers made it back to again crash against Michelle who had just managed to push Eyvind away. Daisy was soaked from head to toe but somehow the barrel was still dry.

SirCatBeard
2016-01-02, 05:16 PM

The wave of water that erupted from the beads knocked Daisy back. Through a series of rather a acrobatic maneuvers made it back to again crash against Michelle who had just managed to push Eyvind away. Daisy was soaked from head to toe but somehow the barrel was still dry.

Great plan(!) Try that again, why don't you(!) Terrach turns to Braxton: Let me into that bag. Terrach says of the Bag of Holding. He retrieves his bedroll from it and carefully moves to the tunnel path covered in the water marbles. He proceeds to snap the blanket in the air to drive the marbles off of the main path and to the sides.

Athedia
2016-01-02, 07:14 PM
The marbles rustle and rearrange a little but the path is narrow and moat of them rest up against the makeshift walls of the rock filled tunnel openings.

SirCatBeard
2016-01-03, 10:51 PM
The marbles rustle and rearrange a little but the path is narrow and moat of them rest up against the makeshift walls of the rock filled tunnel openings.

Well, it was worth a try. Terrach returns his bedroll to the Bag, a little disappointed that his plan did not part the marble sea. Any other ideas besides walking stupidly into the water-mine field?

Athedia
2016-01-04, 08:17 AM
Sorry if I wasn't clear. The mine path is narrow therefore still covered in the beads

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-01-04, 10:22 PM
Well, it was worth a try. Terrach returns his bedroll to the Bag, a little disappointed that his plan did not part the marble sea. Any other ideas besides walking stupidly into the water-mine field?

Daisy raised one dripping finger in the air. "Well, I could throw everyone across, and then you could throw a grappling hook and reel me in!" She looked inordinately pleased at the idea.

Yes, stupid idea. But maybe it would actually work?

SirCatBeard
2016-01-06, 02:03 PM
Daisy raised one dripping finger in the air. "Well, I could throw everyone across, and then you could throw a grappling hook and reel me in!" She looked inordinately pleased at the idea.

Yes, stupid idea. But maybe it would actually work?

On the night the rain falls upward into a well lit sky. Any ideas that needed actual thought? Terrach looks at the marble pile and considers the crystal under his arm as well as the contents of his pack and the bag of holding.
Perception:[roll0]
Maybe a +2 from Stonecunning, where the surrounding stone is involved.

SirCatBeard
2016-01-10, 09:40 PM
Of course! When the door is too strong, go through the wall. Hurried piling of stones to seal this; makes no sense for a mine anyway. Terrach begins clearing a way through the tunnel just to the right of the marble-filled path, using his small hammers and stonework tools when necessary.

Athedia
2016-01-11, 12:40 PM
Of course! When the door is too strong, go through the wall. Hurried piling of stones to seal this; makes no sense for a mine anyway. Terrach begins clearing a way through the tunnel just to the right of the marble-filled path, using his small hammers and stonework tools when necessary.

It took the better part of an hour but Terrach managed to extract enough stone to reveal an old mine shaft. It doesn't look as though it has been traveled down. But it slopes downhill and has plenty of space inside of it.

Maester Rickert
2016-01-15, 12:37 AM
Eyvind picks up one of the stones knocked loose by Terrach's excavating and whispers to it, causing it to shine with a pale radiance as he steps forward to look down the tunnel.
"Terrach, you're a genius!"
[roll0]

Athedia
2016-01-15, 12:53 AM
Eyvind can see that the tunnel has a layer of dust along the bottom. It has not been traveled on and no water has leaked down.

Maester Rickert
2016-01-15, 09:31 PM
Eyvind can see that the tunnel has a layer of dust along the bottom. It has not been traveled on and no water has leaked down.

"And it looks like nobody's been this way for awhile, with all this dust. They might not even know about this tunnel! We can get the drop on them!"

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-01-18, 10:27 AM
"And it looks like nobody's been this way for awhile, with all this dust. They might not even know about this tunnel! We can get the drop on them!"

"One way to find out!" Daisy said, walking with confidence down the tunnel for a bit to get a better look.

Perception: [roll0]

Athedia
2016-01-18, 06:19 PM
As Eyvind attempted to look down the tunnel he got a good view of Daisy as she walked in for about 10 feet and then ran face first into a natural cave in. The cave in looked more recent, but there was no way anyone was going to be traveling down this route.

SirCatBeard
2016-01-22, 08:30 PM
Hmm, well I suppose that was likely. Terrach says, of the newly cleared but still impassable tunnel. Well...with a bit more puzzling that might not have been a waste of time. We have two impassable tunnels, one with water marbles and one with rocks. Why not but both obstacles in one tunnel? Terrach hurries up the slope to were the miners pickaxes were, grabs two, and brings them back. He drops one and uses the other to dig a bit of a trench from the pile of water-marbles to the blocked tunnel so that they would roll into the already-blocked path, and leave the other one clear. Once his trench is of a decent depth so as to funnel the marbles into the blocked path, he begins shepherding the water marbles through it to fill that path with them.

There, that should work.

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-01-22, 10:52 PM
Hmm, well I suppose that was likely. Terrach says, of the newly cleared but still impassable tunnel. Well...with a bit more puzzling that might not have been a waste of time. We have two impassable tunnels, one with water marbles and one with rocks. Why not but both obstacles in one tunnel? Terrach hurries up the slope to were the miners pickaxes were, grabs two, and brings them back. He drops one and uses the other to dig a bit of a trench from the pile of water-marbles to the blocked tunnel so that they would roll into the already-blocked path, and leave the other one clear. Once his trench is of a decent depth so as to funnel the marbles into the blocked path, he begins shepherding the water marbles through it to fill that path with them.

There, that should work.

Daisy went over to help, but instead of aiding in trench construction, she simply began to shove piles of marbles along into the blocked tunnel.

OutOfCreativity
2016-01-23, 12:51 PM
What a great idea Terrach! Izzy exclaimed, walking over to where Terrach was working. What can we do to help? asked Michelle.

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-01-23, 03:25 PM
What a great idea Terrach! Izzy exclaimed, walking over to where Terrach was working. What can we do to help? asked Michelle.

"You can help move the marbles," Daisy told Michelle, ignoring the fact that she had been speaking to Terrach. "You're strong enough that we should get this done fast!"

Athedia
2016-01-23, 05:27 PM
Through brute carrying and clever excavation the marbles soon pile up in the abandoned tunnel. The way forward is now clear except for the occasional marble off to the side.

Marching orders please

Athedia
2016-01-23, 08:25 PM
As the party moves forward the ground slopes up leading higher into the mountain. Terrach can tell that these were not dwarf dug mines or even human. The channeling is too rough, the work rushed and uneven. The ground underneath the parties feet is soggy with a small stream of water traveling down the center. The torrents of water that created the river seem to have ceased.

After walking for a few minutes the tunnel starts to widen. It opens up into a large room at the far end of which is a small purple portal no bigger than the opening of a tankard. There are five figures in the room. One is a large creature, fish-like if the fish had mated with a squid. Clouds of mucous slime sloughs off its sides. Its three eyes seem focused on the portal, a strange garbled language comes out of its mouth as it speaks to the other figures. Three of these figures look familiar. The spinning whirlpools look like the one you had seen in the ruins where the group first met. The final of the figures looks like nothing anyone has seen. Anyone that is except Daisy. The final figure looks like River, looks like him except for the bloated weeping mass that is his skin.

Braxton understands the creatures language. "Who broke this? It needs fixing now. Find the crystal, find the workers. This was not the plan."

Table Flipper
2016-01-23, 09:11 PM
Braxton whispers very quietly to the group: "They want that crystal, probably to fix the portal. I suspect we shouldn't let them have it." He looks at River, than at what he suspects is the Aboleth, observing him closely.

Detect evil on Aboleth (or whatever isn't the elementals or River) assuming it's within 60 ft. Not sure how big the room is.

Athedia
2016-01-23, 09:44 PM
MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13UC1pswe1potjypGqVK69-a0Zc_K3R6uAo8XttP4fQ0/edit?usp=sharing)

Braxton is still a little far away.

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-01-24, 12:05 PM
As the party moves forward the ground slopes up leading higher into the mountain. Terrach can tell that these were not dwarf dug mines or even human. The channeling is too rough, the work rushed and uneven. The ground underneath the parties feet is soggy with a small stream of water traveling down the center. The torrents of water that created the river seem to have ceased.

After walking for a few minutes the tunnel starts to widen. It opens up into a large room at the far end of which is a small purple portal no bigger than the opening of a tankard. There are five figures in the room. One is a large creature, fish-like if the fish had mated with a squid. Clouds of mucous slime sloughs off its sides. Its three eyes seem focused on the portal, a strange garbled language comes out of its mouth as it speaks to the other figures. Three of these figures look familiar. The spinning whirlpools look like the one you had seen in the ruins where the group first met. The final of the figures looks like nothing anyone has seen. Anyone that is except Daisy. The final figure looks like River, looks like him except for the bloated weeping mass that is his skin.

Braxton understands the creatures language. "Who broke this? It needs fixing now. Find the crystal, find the workers. This was not the plan."

Daisy's face fills with relief and concern. "River! I'm so glad I found you- you don't even know how worried I've been! Is this your new friend, Abby? Hi Abby!"

Daisy continues in halfling, so as not to embarass River in front of his new friends. <"Do you um.... need healing or is this another halfling puberty thing?">

Daisy moves to O13.

SirCatBeard
2016-01-24, 03:29 PM
Braxton whispers very quietly to the group: "They want that crystal, probably to fix the portal. I suspect we shouldn't let them have it." He looks at River, than at what he suspects is the Aboleth, observing him closely.

Upon hearing Braxton's words, Terrach quickly hides the crystal in his pack, hoping the Aboleth and water-things didn't notice that he had it. After quickly making sure Freya is secure, he draws his axes and advances into the room.

Put the crystal in my pack (I am pretty sure I was still carrying it, if someone else thinks they have it, let me know). Move to Q11 and draw weapons (Dwarven Waraxe(right hand) and Hand Axe +1(left hand)).