PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Using the Force (Crusader's Fluffy and Wis to attack)

2015-06-16, 03:55 AM
I'm putting together a Crusader's Flurry build with a Cleric/Monk/Paladin (Yes, I know Warpriest is generally better, I don't care). I'm trying to replace Str with Wis for attack rolls, and the two easy methods are Guided Hand (a feat with a useful prereq feat), and the Sensei Monk archetype (which grants this in exchange for evasion). I'm trying to gather some general opinions on which is a better choice: spending two feats and keeping evasion, or spending no feats and losing evasion.

Eldaran
2015-06-16, 04:13 AM
Can you just get a Guided weapon? (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapons-non-core/weapon-property---guided) It's only sort of Pathfinder, but often allowed since it's on the SRD.

2015-06-16, 04:19 AM
I could ask the DM to put it on my wish list, but we're starting at level 1; Guided Hand kicks in at level 1 if I'm human and spend both feats on it, and Sensei kicks in at level 2/3, depending on when I start monk, but Guided Weapon isn't an option until the DM allows us +2 equivalent weapons...and that makes me dependent on him either handing me the right loot or letting my buy my own loot. It's definitely an option, but it's also definitely not my first choice.

Psyren
2015-06-16, 08:45 AM
If you're trying to be Wis-focused, what is Paladin adding here that you couldn't get simply by roleplaying Lawful Good? Crusader's Flurry doesn't need them either.

Sensei loses flurry so if Crusader's Flurry is meant to be a key part of your build, Guided Hand is the obvious choice.

2015-06-16, 09:02 AM
If you're trying to be Wis-focused, what is Paladin adding here that you couldn't get simply by roleplaying Lawful Good? Crusader's Flurry doesn't need them either.

Sensei loses flurry so if Crusader's Flurry is meant to be a key part of your build, Guided Hand is the obvious choice.

I had good enough rolls that Charisma wasn't dumped on my monk build, but Wisdom was still far and away the best. Paladin 2 (Enlightened Paladin) gives me Charisma to AC and saves while also giving my full BAB. In any case, thanks for catching that, it looks like the feat route is better.