PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate test of roy's heroism

Professor Tanhauser
2007-04-25, 10:07 PM
Ok, what if roy's soul go wafting off to some LG heaven where he can have eternal bliss and happiness for his generally good and heroic life?

Then they try ressurecting his ass.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate test of roy's heroism to have to choose between going back to earth, fighting and maybe suffering more, with no guarentees of success or staying in heaven happily ever after?

We all know how the nobel shojo chose on that one...

mockingbyrd7
2007-04-25, 10:21 PM
Ok, what if roy's soul go wafting off to some LG heaven where he can have eternal bliss and happiness for his generally good and heroic life?

Wouldn't it be the ultimate test of roy's heroism to have to choose between going back to earth, fighting and maybe suffering more, with no guarentees of success or staying in heaven happily ever after?

Professor, you are literally a thread-fountain. Every thought that comes through your head immediately spews out in the form of a thread. Some of your threads are good, some of them are bad, and some are just plain weird.

But this time, Tanhauser, you've struck gold. This would be pure liquid AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I'd definitely like to see this. My plot senses are tingling!

Professor Tanhauser
2007-04-25, 10:23 PM
Professor, you are literally a thread-fountain. Every thought that comes through your head immediately spews out in the form of a thread. Some of your threads are good, some of them are bad, and some are just plain weird.

But this time, Tanhauser, you've struck gold. This would be pure liquid AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I'd definitely like to see this. My plot senses are tingling!

If "every" thought that came thru my head resulted in a thread, the internet wouldn't be able to keep up....

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-04-25, 10:26 PM
Hmm... and, unbeknownst to him, if Roy chose to stay behind, he would be disqualified from paradise & banished to some abominable land of torment? I like it.

Demented
2007-04-25, 10:27 PM
The internet was more than capable of keeping up when you double-posted. =P

Edit: Oh yeah... doesn't this thread need a *spoiler* tag?
Edit2: Guildorn, that idea actually reminds me of this one movie... gotta think of the name.
Edit3: Here it is: Defending Your life (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101698/).

chibibar
2007-04-25, 10:30 PM
heh... I highly doubt Roy would stay in Heaven... he is a LG and he has a duty to fight against Xykon... Xykon is still out there and Roy is not.. Roy will come back......

come.... back..... Roy..... Follow... the... light!!!!.

Professor Tanhauser
2007-04-25, 10:32 PM
Yeah, but it still might be hard for roy to choose to come back, isn't heaven full of angel booty?

Demented
2007-04-25, 10:35 PM
Y'know, Lawful though Roy may be, I don't think he'd shed off Celia quite that easily.

cavalier973
2007-04-25, 10:39 PM

This has already been played out on "Voltron" (the one with the robot lions). The crew reached the end of the universe, stuck to an astroid or something, and were offered the choice of eternal bliss or going back to help protect the weak and innocent, etc. They chose eternal bliss and that was the end of the series.

Ha Ha! Just kidding! They obviously chose to go back and help their friends. They were, after all, the good guys.

theinsulabot
2007-04-25, 10:42 PM
this has been discussed in another thread. that being said, roy's pride would never allow him to float on a cloud somewhere after having lost to his greatest foe. even if you igbnore his desire to help the innocent.

NeonRonin
2007-04-25, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure he'd choose to return, if only to make sure he doesn't have to listen to Eugene screaming 'I told you so' for the rest of eternity.

Callista
2007-04-25, 11:42 PM
Roy's done similar things before. Putting on the belt of masculinity/femininity was the biggest one, but then there's his agreement to help Hinjo, keeping Elan around despite temptations to leave him to bandits, and staying up who knows how many nights to keep watch.

Roy is just very, very Lawful. He's got a huge sense of duty. Durkon's got it right (though not for the right reasons)--Roy could've been a Dwarf.

Silverlocke980
2007-04-25, 11:45 PM
That... is the most ridiculousy clever thing anyone has ever said, ever.

Professor, I salute you.

Professor Tanhauser
2007-04-26, 10:16 PM
An interesting take on this idea would be seeing what roy's idea of heaven looked like. It might be good for some laughs to imagine a LG fighter's idea of heaven.

Mine would be an endless SF/gaming/anime convention, of course. With more sex...

Jade_Tarem
2007-04-26, 10:20 PM
It would be the ever-shifting chaos of limbo (that's one of the planes in DnD, by the way). The last person who knows what Roy wants is Roy.

eipiplus1
2007-04-26, 10:25 PM
I agree with Jade Tarem, if Roy's initial atraction to She-who-will-not-be-directly-named-for-fear-of-ruining-the-thread is anything to go by, Roy is clueless about what he wants and needs

SteveMB
2007-04-26, 10:29 PM
An interesting take on this idea would be seeing what roy's idea of heaven looked like. It might be good for some laughs to imagine a LG fighter's idea of heaven.

For starters, it would include being respected for his intelligence, big honkin' sword notwithstanding.

Mine would be an endless SF/gaming/anime convention, of course. With more sex...There's a Hilton in the sky
For all the good fen when they die
The elevators never stick
The banquets don't serve plastic chicken
Only grade A prime
And you're guaranteed a real good time
That just goes on and on
If you're good enough to go to Heaven-Con....
--first verse of "Heaven-Con" (http://www.xocolatl.com/kathy/HEAVENCN.html), by Kathy Mar

eipiplus1
2007-04-26, 10:40 PM
I've always wondered about that. You'd think that someone carrying around a extremely dangerous weapon, and clearly blessed with the skill to use it would command a certain amount of respect from everyone he happened to meet. A fearful form of respect, but respect non the less

This may not be the kind of respect Roy is looking for, but he doesn't seem to get any at all, not even from his team

eipiplus1
2007-04-26, 10:40 PM
I've always wondered about that. You'd think that someone carrying around a extremely dangerous weapon, and clearly blessed with the skill to use it would command a certain amount of respect from everyone he happened to meet. A fearful form of respect, but respect non the less

This may not be the kind of respect Roy is looking for, but he doesn't seem to get any at all, not even from his team

Querzis
2007-04-26, 11:19 PM
Roy would come back except if Xykon is killed in the battle. I have no doubt about that. Staying in heaven when he know that the world could be destroyed because of him would be hell for a guy like him who always follow his conscience. Staying in heaven when his friends and the world need him would worse then being with Miko, Elan and his dad in a room without being able to get out.

By the way, I'm not convinced by Belkar explanation. I bet there is another reason why Shojo cant or dont want to come back.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-27, 06:55 AM
Roy would except if Xykon is killed in the battle. I have no doubt about that, staying in heaven when he know that the world could be destroyed because of him would be hell for a guy like him who always follow his conscience. Staying in heaven when his friends and the world need him would then being with Miko, Elan and his dad in a room without being able to get out.

By the way, I'm not convinced by Belkar explanation. I bet there is another reason why Shojo cant or dont want to come back.

Maybe he'll justify it by arguing that they'll end up there with him (which he of course knows that they probably won't).

Da Luniz
2007-04-27, 12:22 PM
wait. wasnt that the plot from "All Dogs go to Heaven"?

Setra
2007-04-27, 01:25 PM
wait. wasnt that the plot from "All Dogs go to Heaven"?
I think, technically. I don't remember it too well.

Still, Roy is very stubborn, I think he'd head back to kill Xykon in .. well not in a heartbeat, this IS Paradise, maybe six heartbeats.

Ps. My idea of Paradise would be an endless anime/videogame convention, where I could play every game, and see every anime, also lots of catgirls, and dragongirls.

Jayabalard
2007-04-27, 01:30 PM
We all know how the nobel shojo chose on that one...Not really, since his choice was "stay in the afterlife and enjoy the results of all the good that he accomplished" vs "get thrown in prison for the remainder of his life by paladins with a stick up their collected @##$#" ... coming back to continue the fight wasn't really an option.

Dectilon
2007-04-27, 01:56 PM

Have you been watching Buffy lately? : )