PDA

View Full Version : The Spirit of Roy

Mojique
2007-04-25, 10:46 PM
The spirit of Roy will guide the OOTS forever!

So, no really hope that this boring guy gone finally :smallsigh:

Innis Cabal
2007-04-25, 10:47 PM
ya...no, he is comming back

NeonRonin
2007-04-25, 11:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that one way or another, Roy is not leaving the Order. He'll either be back, or he'll do the whole Obi-Wan thing. (I personally am putting money on the Resurrected option.)

doliemaster
2007-04-25, 11:13 PM
Dangit, and I was raising a toast to his end! I want uncontrolled insanity and I can't get that with roy in charge. Please tell me he atleast loses his sanity, cause that is the only way I can see evil!elan or Powermad!V.:smallfrown:

Theodoxus
2007-04-25, 11:14 PM
Ah yes, the eternal problem where dead is just an inconvenience... 'I lose a level? gee shucks... ok, I'll go back down and play with the party.'

Resurrection should be for the Gods... mere mortals should get one chance to do it right, and then move on - you know, like life - makes people a bit more cautious with themselves, and when they really sacrifice one for the team, it means something.

Hardcore mode, or nothing, I say.

Theo

Medieve
2007-04-25, 11:20 PM
Roy is the second-to-last member of a family whose father has sworn a blood oath. I'm betting he becomes undead. The irony would be greatness.

Silverlocke980
2007-04-25, 11:48 PM
Resurrection is the most likely choice. All the material is there, for Shojo's failed resurrection, and most importantly...

Roy's the leader. Though he might stay dead for a while.

Callista
2007-04-25, 11:48 PM
I don't know... Roy isn't so single-minded in pursuit of Xykon that it'd lead to undead-ness, is he? He seems to be doing it more out of duty to his dad than any other motive. Which is kind of weird, for a Good aligned guy, because you'd think he'd care at least as much about Xykon's tendency to casually murder people.

But he doesn't have to go undead, stay dead, or get raised; there's a third choice--he could become Deathless. I think there's a kind of Deathless that comes back to finish a task or fulfill an oath... risen martyr or some such? Deathless are kind of like undead, except you don't have to worry about an alignment change or getting accidentally hit with a Cure spell, because they're positive energy beings. Roy, being Good, might be more likely to end up as a positive-energy undead type. Even if it is kinda cheezy... but then Roy'd have something else to complain about, so what else is new?

Mojique
2007-04-26, 01:06 AM
One day, Xykon and Roy will sit together by some glasses of red, red wine, trying to remember themselves. One day after they, the leech and the ghost, saved the world from the REALLY BIG EVIL.

OOTS #1453 (perhaps)

I eat Jawas
2007-04-26, 01:11 AM
This is one of the few things that really bugs me about DnD - death isn't terminal. Many a time I've had an NPC die a really brave and noble death - only to have the cleric rez him 10 minutes later. These days I play that the only ressurection is a wish spell. Are there any perma-death spels that could keep Roy down permenantly?

Oh, and I don't think he's going to get rezzed anyway, at least not by Durkon. You'd think he'd have said something like "dinae worry lass, e'll be up in nout time" or whatever dwarves say.

Mojique
2007-04-26, 02:14 AM
This is one of the few things that really bugs me about DnD - death isn't terminal.

It's another kind of discussion. The death of a PC is always a tragedy. For the player and for the gamemaster.