PDA

View Full Version : Best fighting style for a ninja type character

Spacehamster
2015-06-16, 12:21 PM
Hello playground!

Would be the mariner one right since mechanically that grants move speed at climbing and swimming and +1 AC when not wearing heavy armor. All fits thematically for a ninja xcpt ofc the name of the style? Thoughts if there is a more fitting style to take? :)

Madfellow
2015-06-16, 12:28 PM
Just change the name and it works just fine. :)

JNAProductions
2015-06-16, 12:28 PM
The Art of Ninjitsu

Brendanicus
2015-06-16, 12:29 PM
Rogue grants you the ability to ambush people via sneak attack, and better mobility by letting you Dash as a bonus action.

Shadow Monks run super fast, know kung-fu, and get crazy stealth powers.
http://www.ninjauniform.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/traditional-ninja-black-uniform1.jpg

I would personaly pick Shadow Monk, unless you want something less mystical, in which case pick rogue.

EDIT: Shadow Monk with a Mariner dip for the climb speed would be a potent combination. Since Monks get increased move speed, and Mariners can climb equal to their move speed, you will get a wall climber so fast Spiderman would be jealous.

Jamesps
2015-06-16, 12:43 PM
EDIT: Shadow Monk with a Mariner dip for the climb speed would be a potent combination. Since Monks get increased move speed, and Mariners can climb equal to their move speed, you will get a wall climber so fast Spiderman would be jealous.

When mariner first came out, I thought this would be a great idea. Then I realized monks can just run up walls anyways, making climbing kinda irrelevant unless you're climbing a reaaaalllly high wall.

Brendanicus
2015-06-16, 12:46 PM
When mariner first came out, I thought this would be a great idea. Then I realized monks can just run up walls anyways, making climbing kinda irrelevant unless you're climbing a reaaaalllly high wall.
True, but if the OP's character isn't going to get to high levels, and often gets into urban fights or infiltration missions, the mariner dip might be better.

Spacehamster
2015-06-16, 12:47 PM
Should have clarified the character will be a more "realistic" ninja and will be mc of battle master and assassin, wood elf and will also take the feat that makes you 10 ft faster to make him a v fast climber and swimmer. :)