PDA

View Full Version : [Spheres of Power] Please help me help my paladin player pick talents

PlatinumVixen
2015-06-16, 12:27 PM
So we've been using (slightly modified thanks to the campaign's generally absurdly high power level) Spheres Of Power along with Path of War initiators and that sort of thing in my campaign.

To make a long story short, the party's paladin is...a great guy, but an enormous procrastinator. I discovered the other day that not only hadn't he updated his character sheet for a level, he also hasn't picked ANY sphere talents (he's also bizarrely stingy with healing, but we've resolved that) which to make a long story short explains an awful lot.

He's playing a "Paladin-of-Freedom-fluffed" Chaotic paladin who happens to be a half-water-elemental satyr (in this case a homebrewed race). She serves the local goddess of magic and the ocean/ We've boosted caster levels to fit the campaign, so that's not an issue to be factored in too much. Basically, I'm having some trouble figure out exactly what to suggest to him.

I also can't seem to get him to actually ride his mount.

stack
2015-06-16, 12:39 PM
Well, the water elemental bit suggests nature with the water geomancing with maybe a side of weather (high CL weather abilities can get nasty). Generally for a paladin I would look for light (grab the entangling talent), alteration (size buffs, mobility, utility), warp (mobility), war (buffing), protection, etc. Depends what he wants to focus on, really.

PlatinumVixen
2015-06-16, 05:31 PM
Alas, he's been super indecisive. The thing is there's not really a /wrong/ choice in the context of this campaign, but I think he feels like there's always a better option than whatever he's selected at any one time so he keeps holding out until he thinks of something better, which never actually comes.

Water geomancy with some weather does sound pretty appropriate. As for light, the character /does/ already glow, I might be able to sell him something in there.