PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Do Oathbound Paladins get bonus spell slots?

Frosty
2015-06-16, 02:05 PM
the wording On this confuses me. I'm not sure if the paladin only gets a bigger spell list or whether he gets "domain" spell slots as well. Can anyone clarify?

Deity

Some oaths are especially compatible with the faiths of certain deities; these deities are listed here. Other deities may allow these oaths as well, though only rarely do deities allow oaths conflicting with their teachings.

Code of Conduct

The oathbound paladin must abide by the listed tenets of her oath in addition to the specifics of her god’s code of conduct. In some cases, a deity’s or paladin order’s code may conflict with the oath’s tenets; in most cases, these conflicts mean the oath is unsuitable for a paladin of that deity or order (such as the Oath against the Wyrm with respect to a good dragon deity or a dragon-riding order of paladins) and cannot be selected by the paladin.

Oath Spells

A paladin’s oath influences what magic she can perform. An oathbound paladin adds one spell to the paladin spell list at each paladin spell level she can cast (including spell levels for which she would only gain spells per day if her Charisma were high enough to grant bonus spells of that level). Her oath determines what spell is added to the spell list. If the paladin has multiple oaths, the spells from each oath are added to her spell list.

If an oathbound paladin has more than one oath, she may prepare any one of her oath’s spells in that slot (similar to a cleric choosing one of her two domain spells to prepare in a domain spell slot).

grarrrg
2015-06-16, 02:54 PM
Definitely maybe.

I'm leaning towards "yes".

This is the only part that specifically mentions an extra slot:

If an oathbound paladin has more than one oath, she may prepare any one of her oath's spells in that slot (similar to a cleric choosing one of her two domain spells to prepare in a domain spell slot).

This part implies an extra slot:

(including spell levels for which she would only gain spells per day if her Charisma were high enough to grant bonus spells of that level)

But these parts don't necessarily support a Slot:

This powerful oath gives her access to new spells
adds one spell to the paladin spell list at each paladin spell level she can cast...Her oath determines what spell is added to the spell list.

Frosty
2015-06-16, 06:24 PM
Yeah you can see why I'm confused. I'm leaning towards yes as well.