PDA

View Full Version : Playing Thor (3.5/PF)

Darksword
2015-06-16, 08:43 PM
So I have a player who wants to play a Thor like character. It is for gestalt game and starts at medium level and will hit high levels rather soon. What classes feat/spells etc would you use. The game is pathfinder but 3.5 material is allow. Only 3p material allowed is stuff from DreamScarred.
Mjolnir will probably be an item but could also be down with bloodstorm blade prc.
One side will probably be Oracle (fits better then Cleric) unless some one has a better option

erok0809
2015-06-16, 08:54 PM
There's an artifact in the 3.5 DMG that's basically Mjolnir, the Hammer of Thunderbolts. See if you can get that somehow.

KingSmitty
2015-06-16, 09:07 PM
I've always played Half-Giants as Vikings, their strength and size work well with bloodstorm blade's ranged attacks but with all your melee bonuses.

Nihilarian
2015-06-16, 09:50 PM
He might like Hammer of Moradin from Player's Guide to Faerun.

Mehangel
2015-06-16, 09:55 PM
For Pathfinder, I would recommend the Armorist class from Spheres of Power. Have the Talents be spent on the Weather Sphere. I feel this could very effectively emulate Thor.

EDIT: Sorry, I did not see that the only third party content allowed was Dreamscarred Press...

JoranShadeslayr
2015-06-17, 01:33 AM
Thor would be some sort of barbarian/berserker build with high strength and con. Gear would be gauntlets of ogre power, a girdle of giant strength, and a warhammer with the throwing, returning, and impact properties that can cast control weather 3/day.

Ellowryn
2015-06-17, 01:43 AM
Thor would be some sort of barbarian/berserker build with high strength and con. Gear would be gauntlets of ogre power, a girdle of giant strength, and a warhammer with the throwing, returning, and impact properties that can cast control weather 3/day.

Don't forget that he would also have the Improved Unarmed Strike feat. He also likes to make one big attack, so probably the Vital Strike line along with the Whirlwind attack feat for then he does his AoE.

Sian
2015-06-17, 02:17 AM
can't help but ask as there is quite a difference.

Marvel Thor, or Norse pantheon Thor?

dysprosium
2015-06-17, 06:19 AM
This topic comes up every so often.

I like how this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?373602-thor-in-3-5) came to a conclusion.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-06-17, 07:42 AM
Tome of Battle on one side, Cleric (or Favored Soul)/Stormlord on the other. BOOM, Thor.

I3igAl
2015-06-17, 07:52 AM

Marvel Thor, or Norse pantheon Thor?

This is important. And if Marvel Comic or Movie?

For the build, it depends on what he wants to concentrate on. Hammer of Moradin-Prestige Classn http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20040305a is quite cool for a hammer user. The Hammer of the Thunderbolts is a solid artifact for a Thorlike character.
A Pathfinder Paladin could make a solid version of Marvel Thor, if he doesn't care about throwing lightning so much.
If he wants to focus on throwing his hammer a Prestige Class would be needed. Barbarians obviously make great Thor's too.

ShurikVch
2015-06-17, 09:30 AM

Marvel Thor, or Norse pantheon Thor?Also, there are Thor in Stargate, in the Saint Seiya, and in the Starcraft 2 (walking Gun-Battery)