PDA

View Full Version : WHO will ressurect Roy? SPOILER (There, happy now?!)

Professor Tanhauser
2007-04-26, 12:16 AM
I think roy will be ressurected somehow, I mean they could try it for NPC shojo and NPC drunk wizard, so why not roy?

Now get this, tho: Here's a thought as to who could ressurect him, namely Sabine's masters.

Sure, they're probably Lawful evil and don't want Mr. Chaotic Evil skeletor wanna-be to get the ultimate power in the universe any more than lawful good types do.

But they may be too weak to stop him directly, or not able to summon up enough horsepower to the battel fast enough.

So, they rez the lawful good hero to give xykon more grief until they can get their forces rallied.

Plus, using a LG guy to help their own ends it's just too good to pass up. I mean come on, even LE has a sense of humor. Sheesh, even darth vader made a joke once...

So yeah, maybe sabine's masters rez roy, or spring sabine and order her to do it. I could see it.

Perhaps the LE forces behind sabine will realize that roy must be rezzed, and ask themselves "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Baskineli
2007-04-26, 04:48 AM
I think that Roy will be resurrected by...

<spoiler>
that black thing with the umbrella. Long shot, I know, but something tells me this what will happen. That thing was left unattended by Giant for a long time now, and it is about time to understand what his agenda is.
</spoiler>

P.S. I haven't figured out yet how to use the spoiler tags...

KurenaiYami
2007-04-26, 04:52 AM
P.S. I haven't figured out yet how to use the spoiler tags...

Use [this] instead of <this>.

Mystral
2007-04-26, 05:05 AM
I'd be for Leafy the druid using reincarnation. That spell always makes for funny situations, especially the 3.0 variant.

RMS Oceanic
2007-04-26, 05:14 AM
When casting any I-ain't-dead-no-more spell, the soul automatically knows the name, alignment and (if any) Deity of the person casting the spell, and can use this information in their decision whether to accept the spell or not. If a chaotic evil demon from the upper planes tried to resurrect him, call me crazy, but I think Roy might refuse.

Rahdjan
2007-04-26, 05:19 AM
I think Belkar will have something to do with it. He's out in the battlefield somewhere so he's probaly closest.

Also anyone think this might be how he gets out of the MoJ?

Baskineli
2007-04-26, 05:19 AM
If a chaotic evil demon from the upper planes tried to resurrect him, call me crazy, but I think Roy might refuse.

A. I am not so sure this id a chaotic evil demon.
B. There is a reason why it walks under an umbrella - we don't know what it is or how it is essential to the plot.

bluish_wolf
2007-04-26, 05:50 AM
His body is still intact. Durkon could raise him. I'm sure Hinjo would provide the material components.

titan_monarch
2007-04-26, 10:36 AM
When casting any I-ain't-dead-no-more spell, the soul automatically knows the name, alignment and (if any) Deity of the person casting the spell, and can use this information in their decision whether to accept the spell or not. If a chaotic evil demon from the upper planes tried to resurrect him, call me crazy, but I think Roy might refuse.

It could be a VERY good way of revealing the monster-in-the-dark's identity at long last, but personally I think that's going to be saved for the very last comic.

*makes mental note to call resurrection the I-ain't-dead-no-more-spell in future*

onasuma
2007-04-26, 10:42 AM
Belkar. He just has to

lumberofdabeast
2007-04-26, 10:46 AM
Now, you see, you guys are assuming that he's gonna get rezzed. Rich could always leave him dead if he wants.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-04-26, 10:52 AM
Hey remember Redcloak saying he was going to rez some hobgoblins? What if he finds Roys body? ZOMBIE ROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fangthane
2007-04-26, 10:56 AM
Yeah, but if Roy gets zombified Rich would almost have to do the Thriller thing as a nod to pop culture, and not only has it been specifically mentioned in this strip but it's been done in Southpark already.

Ranis
2007-04-26, 10:59 AM
Now, you see, you guys are assuming that he's gonna get rezzed. Rich could always leave him dead if he wants.

Roy is the only one with any semblance of normality! You take Roy away, you take half the coolness out of OOTS.

jzimbert
2007-04-26, 11:02 AM
Costello: Who will resurrect Roy?
Abbot: That's right.
Costello: I'm asking you the name of the character that will resurrect Roy.
Abbot: Who.
Costello: That's what I'm trying to find out!
Abbot: Who will resurrect Roy.
Costello: I don't know.
Abbot: No, I don't know will defeat Xykon.

The_Ferg
2007-04-26, 11:04 AM
Zombie...Roy...oh dear God, that could be brilliant.

lumberofdabeast
2007-04-26, 11:16 AM
Roy is the only one with any semblance of normality! You take Roy away, you take half the coolness out of OOTS.

Psh. Normality is overrated.

TreesOfDeath
2007-04-26, 11:19 AM
Lol the topic title contains spoilers. Its a bit like posting SNAPE KILLS DUMDBLOE BTW HARRY POTTER SPOILERS!

DamnedIrishman
2007-04-26, 11:22 AM

Well... Rich did say:

OOTS does indeed have a finite lifespan, however, and I already know what the last panel of the last comic will be, so don't expect it to linger around forever.

So maybe it's... DUN DUN DUNNN!!!

Alysar
2007-04-26, 12:47 PM

You shut your filthy mouth! ::runs crying::

Fascisticide
2007-04-26, 02:29 PM
Vader made a joke?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-04-26, 04:17 PM
Vader made a joke?

"The emperor is not as forgiving as I."

Milandros
2007-04-26, 05:38 PM
Want a really out-of-the box option?

Redcloak does it. He then gives Roy Xykon phylactery and point him in the right direction.
"Lirian's gate I have destroyed, and I managed to use Xykon to destroy Dorukan's and now Sung's Gates, but he's now outlived his usefulness. I can handle the last two gates on my own..."
MITD: "Wait, What gates?"

I doubt it, but it's a nice twist...

Xerxos
2007-04-26, 06:07 PM
Want a really out-of-the box option?

Redcloak does it. He then gives Roy Xykon phylactery and point him in the right direction.
"Lirian's gate I have destroyed, and I managed to use Xykon to destroy Dorukan's and now Sung's Gates, but he's now outlived his usefulness. I can handle the last two gates on my own..."
MITD: "Wait, What gates?"

I doubt it, but it's a nice twist...

Hm, think a bit further:
What does :redcloak: want? That :xykon: rules the world? I don't think he would be happy under his command for the rest of his life.
What he wants is revenge. He nearly got his revenge, perhaps he is near enough to his goal to think about what to do with :xykon: after the battle is won (or lost). :roy: could be helpful in that matter.
Just a thought.
PS: the :roy: icon should have X for eyes.

Milandros
2007-04-26, 06:40 PM
Hm, think a bit further:
What does :redcloak: want? That :xykon: rules the world? I don't think he would be happy under his command for the rest of his life.
What he wants is revenge. He nearly got his revenge, perhaps he is near enough to his goal to think about what to do with :xykon: after the battle is won (or lost). :roy: could be helpful in that matter.
Just a thought.
PS: the :roy: icon should have X for eyes.

It's more complex than that. I feel a little uncomfortable doing spoiler comments, becasue I know Rich doesn't particularly like them, but this has been discussed before, so...
Lirien's Gate was burned down by Redcloak "by accident".
Dorukan's Gate is gone too.
Redcloak pushed Xykon into coming for Sung's Gate (perhaps the most heavily defended of them all) in Azure City with an army. Redcloak lured him here.
Miko called him a "nihilist" and recognised what the Crimson Mantle meant. A nihilist is one who seeks negation (or, in this case, the destruction of the world).
If all the gates are destroyed, the Snarl will be lose and the world will be destroyed. In fact, it's likely the gods would destroy and remake the world if the Snarl was about to be freed.
Redcloak is destroying gates to destroy/remake the world. Xykon wants to control them. At some point, their goals will clash.
I think Redcloak may the the real master villian here. Xykon is a side quest :)

Gaelbert
2007-04-26, 08:22 PM
Well... Rich did say:

So maybe it's... DUN DUN DUNNN!!!

No, Rich stated that there will be some-thousand-odd comics, so not yet.

Demented
2007-04-26, 08:40 PM
"The emperor is not as forgiving as I."

That's not a joke. That's a riddle. Tsk. :smalltongue:

Anyway, Rich intended the strip to end some 200 strips ago, but the DM flubbed the dice.

johhny-turbo
2007-04-26, 08:53 PM
Here's a thought

One of Xykon/Redcloak's strategies is to have their clerics work as hard as they can raising zombies, well who's to say they'll pass up Roy?

gnownek
2007-04-26, 10:15 PM
Belkar will resurrect Roy, because if he doesn't he has to carry his body around to avoid the MoJ.....And he will find the funds by blackmailing the Noble who tried to murder Hinjo.....

Professor Tanhauser
2007-04-26, 10:53 PM
You know, OotS without Roy might be like Farscape without Chrichton.

mikeejimbo
2007-04-26, 11:03 PM
Now get this, tho: Here's a thought as to who could ressurect him, namely Sabine's masters.

Sure, they're probably Lawful evil and don't want Mr. Chaotic Evil skeletor wanna-be to get the ultimate power in the universe any more than lawful good types do.

But they may be too weak to stop him directly, or not able to summon up enough horsepower to the battel fast enough.

Plus, why risk yourself when you can send someone you don't like? It's not a bad idea, and next time I'm in such a situation and evil, or at least neutral, which is quite likely, I should do so.

Choas_Dragoon
2007-04-27, 08:37 AM
It will be one of Hinjo's men.

Tevildo
2007-04-27, 09:28 AM
Five bucks says the sylph is involved. Roy mentioned her a few strips back, and look what magic item is conveniently located right next to his corpse?

Drivort
2007-04-27, 10:46 AM
My money is on the MitD finding the amulet, accidently breaking it (like the power-rangers, wtf :D)and therefore calling Celia into the battlefield, seeing the dead Roy.

Maaan, I can't wait to see the new comics. GEEZ.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-04-27, 05:14 PM
Here's a thought

One of Xykon/Redcloak's strategies is to have their clerics work as hard as they can raising zombies, well who's to say they'll pass up Roy?

Get your own idea.

johhny-turbo
2007-04-27, 05:37 PM
Get your own idea.

Oops, diddn't see that you posted preety much the same thing. Sorry bout that

Forealms
2007-04-27, 07:11 PM
My money is on the MitD finding the amulet, accidently breaking it (like the power-rangers, wtf :D)and therefore calling Celia into the battlefield, seeing the dead Roy.

Maaan, I can't wait to see the new comics. GEEZ.

Almost exactly what I was thinking. Otherwise, I thought that a small regt. of goblins will walk over it, thus activating their DOOOOOOOOOOM!

...Or am I the only one who has seen the end to Naked Gun?

EntilZha
2007-04-27, 08:47 PM
Five bucks says the sylph is involved. Roy mentioned her a few strips back, and look what magic item is conveniently located right next to his corpse?

A hobgoblin cleric and cronies come along to zombify Roy, but one of them accidentally breaks Celia's talisman. When she sees Roy dead, she goes ballistic and lightning bolts some hobgoblin butt, like she did to Nale and Thog in Dorukan's castle. Then she'll fly him and his sword back to the City for a rez.