PDA

View Full Version : Human Monk (Mokuton Ninjitsu)

ThermalSlapShot
2015-06-16, 10:42 PM
Though I stopped reading it long ago, it got weird, I was a fan of the Naruto fluff/base world before things got... Weird.

So I decided to make a Naruto type ninja.

Variant Human Urchin Monk (Shadow)

Str: 8
Dex: 16
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 16
Cha: 8

Skills: Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Insight, and Perception.

AC: 16
HP: 24
Speed: 40

Feat: Magic Initiate (Poison Spray (Suiton), Thorn Whip (Mokuton), Entangle (Mokuton))

Monk Features

Tradition: Shadow
Minor Illusion (Genjutsu)
2 ki
Darkness (Genjutsu)
Pass Without Trace (Doton)
Silence (Genjutsu)

I'm thinking of running this in an AL game, I'm wondering if I'm missing anything.

PoeticDwarf
2015-06-18, 10:14 AM
Though I stopped reading it long ago, it got weird, I was a fan of the Naruto fluff/base world before things got... Weird.

So I decided to make a Naruto type ninja.

Variant Human Urchin Monk (Shadow)

Str: 8
Dex: 16
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 16
Cha: 8

Skills: Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Insight, and Perception.

AC: 16
HP: 24
Speed: 40

Feat: Magic Initiate (Poison Spray (Suiton), Thorn Whip (Mokuton), Entangle (Mokuton))

Monk Features

Tradition: Shadow
Minor Illusion (Genjutsu)
2 ki
Darkness (Genjutsu)
Pass Without Trace (Doton)
Silence (Genjutsu)

I'm thinking of running this in an AL game, I'm wondering if I'm missing anything.

Why do you have Magic Initate? YOu don't need Poison Spray or Thorn Whip, and Entangle isn't enough. You need a higher DEX and later a higher CON.

BRKNdevil
2015-06-18, 10:34 AM
The magic initiate is for the wood based ninjutsu and the feat use is only from the variant human ability so it wouldn't effect his stats anyways. READ man

On side note, the new Naruto is a father arc is less weird then the other bits and is worth looking at. Also, you can't make a hut like yamato but thats just nitpicking

Lolzyking
2015-06-18, 10:37 AM
you forgot the suggestion spell, talk no justu, the ultimate weapon of the naruto series.

-Jynx-
2015-06-18, 11:03 AM
Why not just see if your DM will let you use your fists as a pact weapon, and refluff a warlock? That gives you a wide variety of spells you can refluff as wood/earth/water as well invocations that you can also refluff as ninja stuff.

Sure you miss out on the shadow teleport and thematically it doesn't flow as smoothly in hand to hand combat as a monk does, but if you're committed to the idea and your DM is willing to work with you there is no reason why you can't just go a warlock route and just rename some stuff.

Easy_Lee
2015-06-18, 11:15 AM
Hmm...I think that it will work. You don't get as many spells (jutsu) as you'd probably like, but the monk fluff definitely fits.

Make sure to loudly shout out your attacks, and tell everyone to believe it.

You: *Cast Minor Illusion*
DM: "Okay, he's going to try to disbelieve the illusion."
You: "Believe it!"

BRKNdevil
2015-06-18, 11:41 AM
you forgot the suggestion spell, talk no justu, the ultimate weapon of the naruto series.

I just figured that naruto has persuasion with expertise and something that gives him an advantage to all rolls along with a 20 in charisma

-Jynx-
2015-06-18, 11:51 AM
I just figured that naruto has persuasion with expertise and something that gives him an advantage to all rolls along with a 20 in charisma

Don't forget divine intervention.

ThermalSlapShot
2015-06-18, 01:04 PM
On side note, the new Naruto is a father arc is less weird then the other bits and is worth looking at. Also, you can't make a hut like yamato but thats just nitpicking

Impossible, if fan fictions have taught me anything it is that the real story never went past the first chunnin exams... :smallbiggrin:

On the Warlock, I would rather not accidentally send my hands into a pocket dimension when I send my weapon away. I feel like that would be hilarious though.

Easy_Lee
2015-06-18, 01:09 PM
On the Warlock, I would rather not accidentally send my hands into a pocket dimension when I send my weapon away. I feel like that would be hilarious though.

The pocket dimension thing doesn't work with sentient weapons, and unarmed strike is your entire body since it can be done with any part. So you're safe on two counts.

ThermalSlapShot
2015-06-18, 01:16 PM
The pocket dimension thing doesn't work with sentient weapons, and unarmed strike is your entire body since it can be done with any part. So you're safe on two counts.

Nah, rather leave it as my *pick body part* or *whole body* goes.

Much much more fun that way.