PDA

View Full Version : Building a time mage.

Gambitspades
2015-06-17, 06:20 AM
So i have an idea. but donīt know how to realize it. i want a character to be a master of time.
what classes or prestige classes should i pick?
what items should i take?
any special feats for this?
Please help

Vaz
2015-06-17, 07:06 AM
For Time Magic the best shout is Psionics; with Expanded Knowledge feat and the presence of both Spell to Power Erudites and Wyrm Wizards in setting, you can claim any 8th level or lower spell (Arcane or Divine) as a Power Known.

An Ardent is my personal favourite; due to Dominant Time Mantle (Dominant Mantle ACF is an ability that lets you swap a mantle at level 10 for the ability to use metapsionic powers from a particular mantle without expending your Focus and gives 2 free pp ti spend on augments). Combined with the ability to add and choose powers to add to your repertoire including those cherry picked from the various half casting lists for various time themed powers (such as the Trapsmiths 1st level haste) this is a very nice option.

One of my favourite options is Sense Danger power from one of the eberron books. In combination with Anticipatory Strike, it lets you cast a single power when surprised, and anticipatory strike gives you another turn.

If you want, you can then get into the whole Linked MetaSynchronicity-Synchronicity to get as many actions if you need to.

Hiro Quester
2015-06-17, 09:28 AM
Check out this Chronomancer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?166492-The-Chronomancer-s-Day-Scheduler-(Time-Magic)) thread.

Edit: also a elf wizard/swiftblade could be a fun chassis for a build.

Edit2: but yeah. Check out psion specializing in psychoportation (nomad) for many useful time-manipulating abilities. I've just been reading there. lots of cool options.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-17, 12:50 PM
I swear, we should just create one master "So you want to build a time mage" thread and sticky it. We get another one of these every week :smalltongue:

Go with Psion or Ardent. Time Hop, Time Regression, Temporal Acceleration, and anything else with action-control.

Bad Wolf
2015-06-17, 01:31 PM
We get another one of these every week :smalltongue:

Time travel maybe?

QuickLyRaiNbow
2015-06-17, 02:58 PM
Ask your DM about 3rd party material and have a look at some of the Dragonlance stuff. If he balks at the 3rd party bit, tell him that the DLCS is 1st party and the same group wrote the rest of the sourcebooks. Towers of High Sorcery - I think - has a few quite decent time-related spells. They're more on a strategic/campaign scale than on a tactical combat scale, though.