PDA

View Full Version : Clarification of Zen Archery

XagencyX
2007-04-26, 05:39 AM
Can Zen Archery be used to qualify for archery feats with Wis bonus rather than Dex bonus?

AmoDman
2007-04-26, 05:42 AM
By RAW, no, because the Archery feats specifically state they require a Dexterity Score of #. They don't say they require a certain statistic number that enhances archery. If you wish to talk to your DM about changing that rule, however, be my guest. However, in many cases (Ie. Many Shot, Rapid Shot), I don't see how WIS is going to be coming into play, but something like Precise Shot? Maybe.

XagencyX
2007-04-26, 05:45 AM
That's what I thought, but I've heard and seen a lot of people discussing Zen Archery in builds that would rely heavily on both Dex and Wis, and I was wondering whether or not it was generally accepted that Wis could be used in place of Dex in such a situation.

Miles Invictus
2007-04-26, 06:22 AM
Seems like a harmless house-rule, though. Unless you're a divine caster, that Wisdom isn't doing much for you anyway. And...hell, even if you are a divine caster, you're probably not as powerful with a bow as you'd be with your preferred melee weapon.

Ikkitosen
2007-04-26, 06:33 AM
Seems like a harmless house-rule, though. Unless you're a divine caster, that Wisdom isn't doing much for you anyway. And...hell, even if you are a divine caster, you're probably not as powerful with a bow as you'd be with your preferred melee weapon.

Means a lot for cleric archer builds though.

Starsinger
2007-04-26, 09:24 AM
If you're going to be an archer and have a high wisdom, why not be an elf? Then you can easily get your dexterity up to 13 or so on point buy.

Now if your points are limited to where that's impossible, or you cannot give up your full plate, then ask your DM. I personally wouldn't allow it for most of them, but some like Precise and Point Blank I might.