PDA

View Full Version : The fall did not kill Roy . . .

One_Wolf
2007-04-26, 06:42 AM
It was the sudden stop! :smallsmile:

Sorry, I'm feeling a bit goofy this morning.

-One Wolf

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-26, 06:48 AM
No, it was the sudden decelaration of the part of his body that contacted the ground causing the energy of the fall to force the rest of his body downwards.

Crushing.

Roderick_BR
2007-04-26, 06:59 AM
*Bada-dish!*

Dectilon
2007-04-26, 07:04 AM
Falls don't kill people, it's just that certain noise at the end...

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-26, 07:06 AM
TBF Miko survived a pretty big fa- *get's an ice pick in the back*

Skeeve_Plowse
2007-04-26, 07:17 AM
The fall didn't kill Roy. It was that 20d6 damage that did him in.

Mordaedil
2007-04-26, 09:19 AM
Reminds me of a PnP campaign I heard of. Paladin jumps off the dragons back and asks if he can attack the goblin next to him. The DM looks at him funnily and declares he takes a surprise 300d6 damage. He never knew why.

elliott20
2007-04-26, 10:00 AM
remember kids, falls from 10,000 feet in the air doesn't kill people, the ground does!

jindra34
2007-04-26, 10:03 AM

Miko's fall was only two or three stories though...

BardicLasher
2007-04-26, 10:08 AM
Miko's fall was only two or three stories though...

You fail at puns.

Kaerbek
2007-04-26, 10:20 AM
The fall didn't kill Roy.

It was everyone in the forum's fault ¬¬

"Q: Wouldn.t it be cool if X, Y, and Z happened? You should totally do that.

A: Thanks, but I prefer to create my own plots. In fact, I try not to read anything where people suggest upcoming plot ideas because I hate it when people guess what is going to happen. I feel the uncontrollable urge to change what happens, just to prove them wrong. Petty? Probably."

So, he had to prove us all wrong, and for that reason, he killed Roy.
If you suggest that he would be saved from the fall (no matter the reason). Rich will kill him.

If you suggest that he HAS to be resurrected, he won't do it.

If you say that everyone will do exactly what you said in the forums, he will do the opposite :P

In strip 443. Roy discarded EVERY posibility that EVERYONE OF YOU suggested. You said Durkon or V would go to the rescue. Reverse pshicology, they didn't.
What about Celia? to predictible, and a looong etc.

So, for things t go your way... stop guessing (at least in public xD)

P.D: sorry for my eventuall lame english.

Lolzords
2007-04-26, 10:28 AM
I'm pretty sure it was the "splat!" sound effect that killed him. Something that sounds that squishy can't be good for his health.

titan_monarch
2007-04-26, 10:32 AM

I'm so slow I only got the pun a minute after reading it, but it made me ROFLMAO.

Moechi_Vill
2007-04-26, 11:16 AM
A fall from 10,000 feet could easily go into a spin, thus killing the subject.

Finwe
2007-04-26, 12:01 PM

A: Thanks, but I prefer to create my own plots. In fact, I try not to read anything where people suggest upcoming plot ideas because I hate it when people guess what is going to happen. I feel the uncontrollable urge to change what happens, just to prove them wrong. Petty? Probably."

If you suggest that he would be saved from the fall (no matter the reason). Rich will kill him.

That does not follow from Rich's statement. The fact that he feels an urge to change the plot does not mean that he changes it when someone suggests something on the forum. In fact, he has specifically stated that he has NEVER changed the plot as a result of someone guessing what will happen next. In addition, he does not read spoiler threads.

If you say that everyone will do exactly what you said in the forums, he will do the opposite :P

Oooooorrrr not.

In strip 443. Roy discarded EVERY posibility that EVERYONE OF YOU suggested. You said Durkon or V would go to the rescue. Reverse pshicology, they didn't.

Uh, no he didn't. He just went over the fairly obvious and most likely possibilities. If you were to search the forums, you'd find all sorts of other things people came up with, ranging widely in likelihood and plausibility.

Again, that's not the way it works.

Constantinople
2007-04-26, 12:09 PM

Wait, are you saying that we have the power to affect the comic by reverse psychology? Hmm...

I hope that Belkar doesn't kill Miko in the next comic.

*Is banned for his smart-arse-ness.* :smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2007-04-26, 12:53 PM
Rich has proven that he plans ahead. He's not going to kill a main character just for the heck of it.

JT
2007-04-26, 12:58 PM
I hope that Belkar doesn't kill Miko in the next comic.
*Is banned for his smart-arse-ness.* :smallbiggrin:

"Hoping" isn't sufficient. You have to make a bold prediction of what will occur, in order to evoke the "Giant can't do it, because I said it would happen" mis-rule.

:smalltongue:

Fawkes
2007-04-26, 01:06 PM
Also you have to misspell it.

RoY wIl StAy DeD FoReVaR!!!!1

Threeshades
2007-04-26, 03:55 PM
Rich has proven that he plans ahead. He's not going to kill a main character just for the heck of it.

oh i bet he does.

Rich: "Okay what to do with tomorrow's Comic? Oh I got an idea. Xykon blasts Roy of the dragon, and in the following comic Roy hits the ground with a nasty SPLAT and dies."

Sean92k
2007-04-26, 04:01 PM
I feel the uncontrollable urge to change what happens, just to prove them wrong. Petty? Probably."
Well with the hudnred maybe thousands of people on the board someones gonna guess somethign that happens eventually. Its the mathmatics of division ... chance *punches brain* Aigh:smallamused:

One_Wolf
2007-04-26, 04:09 PM
I love you guys.

The fact that my stupid post this morning started a heated discussion about predicitons and their effect on the comic is simply *sniff* beautiful.

-One Wolf

Kamakazee_Gnome
2007-04-26, 04:40 PM
You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Replace, perhaps, "parachute" with "feather fall"...

the300
2007-04-26, 06:22 PM
its not thy gun who kills thee, its thee person

Call_me_Fate
2007-04-26, 06:32 PM
You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Haha! :smallbiggrin: Very true.

Kaerbek
2007-04-26, 06:46 PM
That does not follow from Rich's statement. The fact that he feels an urge to change the plot does not mean that he changes it when someone suggests something on the forum. In fact, he has specifically stated that he has NEVER changed the plot as a result of someone guessing what will happen next. In addition, he does not read spoiler threads.

I can't believe that someone took that seriusly...

*Sarcasm mode off*

cavalier973
2007-04-26, 08:06 PM
Well with the hudnred maybe thousands of people on the board someones gonna guess somethign that happens eventually. Its the mathmatics of division ... chance *punches brain* Aigh:smallamused:

MILLIONS of people! BILLIONS!!!

Sammi_Somara
2007-04-26, 08:44 PM
I still can't believe it--I mean, not only is Roy a main character, he's THE main character! The party leader! How could he just...DIE!? IT'S SO WRONG!!! *cries*

Wizzardman
2007-04-26, 08:52 PM
I still can't believe it--I mean, not only is Roy a main character, he's THE main character! The party leader! How could he just...DIE!? IT'S SO WRONG!!! *cries*
There, there, now. Its okay. He'll be back...
...as a bugbear.

Icewalker
2007-04-26, 09:26 PM
...as a bugbear.

Yay reincarnation!
Seriously though, I think he does avoid prediction threads, and he is very good at finding every possiblity for what might happen. So when the shifting minds of the entire playground community makes their mass of theories, they will find all of those things as well, but without looking through their predictions, he can foil all the plans, or make one work, whatever.

WoDHells
2007-04-26, 09:43 PM

Este pibe sabe
:smallbiggrin:

Eauldure
2007-04-26, 09:51 PM
Of course the fall didn't kill him.. But at least we have got prove that Roy isnt a real PC.. seriously! Every PC would remember to close his eyes to get a 50% miss chance to hit the ground :smallwink:

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-04-26, 09:55 PM
Of course the fall didn't kill him.. But at least we have got prove that Roy isnt a real PC.. seriously! Every PC would remember to close his eyes to get a 50% miss chance to hit the ground :smallwink:

Maybe he just rolled 51-00%...

jindra34
2007-04-26, 09:56 PM

Maybe thats what his final genuis plan was... close his eyes nd hope to miss...

Eauldure
2007-04-26, 09:57 PM
Well he can see that his eyes are still open.... But then, he didn't see the ground before he hit it .. do you think that would count as a 50% miss chance as well?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-04-26, 10:11 PM
An interesting thing here is that a Murphy's rules article hitting on D&D said that a 12th level fighter could survive a fall from ANY height.

Kaerbek
2007-04-26, 11:29 PM
Este pibe sabe
:smallbiggrin:

Pero encima me dice que fue Royel que "descartó" esas posibilidades (ahora Roy existe y piensa y no es alguien dibujándolo y haciendolo tomar esas decisiones a su voluntad)
Yo me dije, este es un comic, para chicos, este foro está lleno de chicos, pero no, hay cada grandote boludo como yo que ENCIMA se lo toma enserio, pero a vos te parece... -.-

Excuse my spanish, it was something I was saying to another fellow argentine, won't happen again :)

Fawkes
2007-04-27, 11:02 AM
An interesting thing here is that a Murphy's rules article hitting on D&D said that a 12th level fighter could survive a fall from ANY height.

Murphy probably didn't factor a meteor swarm into the equation.