PDA

View Full Version : SA damage type.

crankykobold
2015-06-17, 10:05 AM
Couldn't find this any where so had to ask. If a sorceror/rogue with the trait havoc of the society sneak attacks with acid splash, is the extra damage acid of force?
That should read acid OR force.

OldTrees1
2015-06-17, 10:15 AM
Sneak Attack does the normal kind of damage for the attack
Club -> Bludgeoning
Acid Splash -> Acid
Enervation -> Level DrainNegative Energy
Ray of Enfeeblement -> Ability DamageNegative Energy

The last two are explicit exceptions. I believe you will find all of this in Complete Arcane.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-06-17, 10:25 AM
Reading the trait, it seems that it would be acid damage with 1 single point of force damage. To be honest the trait looks pretty underwhelming.

crankykobold
2015-06-17, 10:40 AM
Sneak Attack does the normal kind of damage for the attack
Club -> Bludgeoning
Acid Splash -> Acid
Enervation -> Level DrainNegative Energy
Ray of Enfeeblement -> Ability DamageNegative Energy

The last two are explicit exceptions. I believe you will find all of this in Complete Arcane.

We understand this. The question has arisen because there are two different damage types involved.

OldTrees1
2015-06-17, 10:45 AM
We understand this. The question has arisen because there are two different damage types involved.

I realize that now, but SA is modified by Acid Splash(as per Complete Arcane). There is nothing suggesting it would be modifies by this trait.

crankykobold
2015-06-17, 10:59 AM
That was my original thought. My player brought up a scenario with acid immunity the force damage would still apply. Do you think the sa would apply as force damage in that situation?

OldTrees1
2015-06-17, 11:03 AM
That was my original thought. My player brought up a scenario with acid immunity the force damage would still apply. Do you think the sa would apply as force damage in that situation?

In that situation I would have it deal force damage. I don't know if that is RAW but it does seem in line with the reasoning.

But I also can see it as similar to the case where the SA on a +1 Flaming Club is always Bludgeoning and never Fire even if the enemy is immune to Bludgeoning but not to Fire(RAW).

crankykobold
2015-06-17, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I'm going to give him this one. Not like a few d6 are going to break the game.