PDA

View Full Version : How to Abuse Contingency

darkscizor
2015-06-17, 07:58 PM
What are your favorite ideas for using contingency? One of my favorites is with Feather Fall, or even better yet, Fly, with the trigger being "Whenever I am at 100 feet or above over ground level", to aboid cliff falls. It saved my party's wizard once. Another is with lesser restoration with a cleric/wizard multiclass. "When I am inflicted with a dangerous disease or poison" would be the trigger. So, playgrounders, what are your best ideas for creating contingencies that could be useful ingame, or ways to abuse this spell?

Shaofoo
2015-06-17, 10:48 PM
Why would you need to Contingency Feather Fall since you can cast it as a reaction when you fall?

And I guess it depends if the Contingency spell requires Concentration or not?

Ashrym
2015-06-18, 12:10 AM
Why would you need to Contingency Feather Fall since you can cast it as a reaction when you fall?

And I guess it depends if the Contingency spell requires Concentration or not?

There are ways to lose reactions so featherfall isn't the worst.choice. I think protection from elements, stoneskin, or remove curse might be better options.

The problem with contingency is that it doesn't state the contingent spell runs the full duration in the case it's a concentration spell like spell glyphs do so I don't see it as a method to bypass concentration. Contingency can be limited with the spell levels and target restrictions.

I think the most interesting application is feigning death after a corny phrase. "The food is poisoned...." /dropsdead. ;-)