PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Pathfinder Rise of The Runelords: Burnt Offerings... A little Help Please. Pathfinder

anoblewolf
2015-06-17, 10:34 PM
Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Ok... Right off the bat let me say that I am new to GMing and I am running "The Rise of The Runelords" adventure path. My players have fended off the goblin raid and found that the former priests body has been taken. This is all well and good, but when the players noticed that only the priests grave was disturbed and that of his daughters was not one of the players decided that they wanted to take a look inside. After opening the grave they found that it was empty. For some reason that I am still not sure of I had the sheriff make the comment "Just as I thought" before giving himself leave of the players and quickly returning to his office.

No the players already know of the fire that destroyed the old church and killed the former priest and his daughter but not of the fact that the daughter started it. And now they are sure that the church has covered something up about the daughter and that the church itself my be to blame for the fire and that the new priest may be involved in this cover up.

I like this idea and am wanting to run with it, do you all have any ideas on how I run this conspiracy without pulling it too far away from the adventure.

Thank you all for your help.

Vhaidara
2015-06-18, 09:10 AM
Well, iirc, the grave is supposed to be empty. They never recovered nualia's body after the church burned.

Honestly, that would be serious derailment. It kind of runs contrary to the entire plot of burnt offerings (not sure about the rest of the ap, I've only run burnt offerings)

skypse
2015-06-18, 09:58 AM
They never recovered nualia's body after the church burned.

This. There is no need for the to think about any conspiracies since Nualia's remains were never found. The grave was honorary and nothing more. It is expected to find the grave empty and that's why the sheriff said what he said. Have any of your PCs ever read the AP or played it before? Checking on Nualia's grave seems a little bit too stretched. I would call it "metagaming" but that's just me.

Nibbens
2015-06-18, 05:16 PM
There is no need for the to think about any conspiracies since Nualia's remains were never found. The grave was honorary and nothing more.

There it is. People in the town could attest to this as well, and think nothing of it. Besides, the new cathedral is built years after the original burning took place. That's a long time to wait for a "conspiracy" to act on its desires.