PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Adding Spells to Lists

Thurbane
2015-06-18, 06:26 AM
Just a bit of an off-the-wall question.

Is there any easy(ish) way, preferably without dipping, to add the following spells to a Bard's or Duskblade's spells known:

- Neutralize Poison
- Remove Blindness/Deafness
- Remove Disease
- Remove Paralysis
- Restoration (lesser)

...failing that, is there any arcane casting classes that get these so that they could be put in an Eternal Wand?

Cheers - T

khadgar567
2015-06-18, 07:08 AM
good old artificer but you need money and feat to make it

RoyVG
2015-06-18, 07:38 AM
Divine Bard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#bardVariantDivineBard) gets Remove Disease as a 4th level spell and Restoration as a 5th level spell. One level Cleric or another way of getting Turn Undead and going Presige Paladin could work getting Lesser Restoration, Remove Blindness/deafness, Remove Paralysis and Neutralize poison on your list.

Granted, the wording around the 'Prestigious variant classes' is a bit wonky as it should only give you the class' unique spells like Holy Sword and Heal mount in the case of the Paladin. It sure as heck isn't optimal, but technically one level prestige Paladin should give you the spells on your spell list.

As for Duskblade, I have nothing at the moment.

TheNivMizzet
2015-06-18, 07:47 AM
I'm assuming you want the answer at low levels, but I think it has to be said that taking 10 levels in Rainbow servant would add the entire cleric spell list on top of your current classes. That would get you all the spells you want.

nedz
2015-06-18, 07:50 AM
Divine Bard gets you access to these spells
0—create water, cure minor wounds; 1st—detect evil/good/law, protection from evil/good/law; 2nd—consecrate, desecrate, gentle repose; 3rd—magic circle against evil/good/law, prayer; 4th—remove disease, speak with dead, sending; 5th—divination, restoration; 6th—commune, hallow, unhallow, raise dead.

Which included remove disease and restoration, though not lesser restoration sadly.

Monster Summoning can get you a variety of stuff.

Savage Bard gets you access to these spells
1st—calm animals, detect snares and pits, endure elements, summon nature's ally I; 2nd—bull's strength, pass without trace, summon nature's ally II; 3rd—snare, summon nature's ally III; 4th—insect plague, summon nature's ally IV; 5th—commune with nature, summon nature's ally V; 6th—creeping doom, reincarnate, summon nature's ally VI.

Of which SNA IV gets you neutralize poison via Unicorns

No reason you can't be a Savage Divine Bard

Ed: Ninja'd on the Divine Bard

Hiro Quester
2015-06-18, 08:34 AM
The only non-dip option I know of to get extra spells on your spells list is a runestaff. But those only work for arcane spells.

The only realistic option I know of for a bard without a dip or conversion to divine bard is to UMD a wand.

A one level cleric dip has quite a few advantages, though. Domain spells (or devotion feats). Knowledge and two other domains for a cloistered cleric. There is a handbook about it.

Taking a dip in Druid would also put some of those spells on your list. Plus you could take Focluchan Lyrist to progress divine no bardic (or sublime chord) casting.

The Viscount
2015-06-18, 09:50 AM
Arcane Disciple for the Renewal Domain grants Remove Disease and Lesser Restoration, though it does rope Wis in and you likely can't use the 7+ spells.

Neutralize Poison is simply on the normal Bard list.

Remove Paralysis is on the Thayan Slaver list, so you can make it a wand. It's a 2nd level spell for them.

Alternatively, Lesser Restoration is a 2nd level Death Master spell, so that's god for wands as well. It's a 1 on the Knight of the Weave list, but that class is kinda funky.

Thurbane
2015-06-18, 08:26 PM
Arcane Disciple for the Renewal Domain grants Remove Disease and Lesser Restoration, though it does rope Wis in and you likely can't use the 7+ spells.

Neutralize Poison is simply on the normal Bard list.

Remove Paralysis is on the Thayan Slaver list, so you can make it a wand. It's a 2nd level spell for them.

Alternatively, Lesser Restoration is a 2nd level Death Master spell, so that's god for wands as well. It's a 1 on the Knight of the Weave list, but that class is kinda funky.

All excellent info, thanks.

Good pickup on Neutralize Poison - can't believe I've missed that.

I can throw Lesser Restoration and Remove Paralysis on to an Eternal Wand or custom Runestaff (although the staff would require UMD).

Character is already 7th, so Savage or Divine Bard isn't really an option.

Wis is a dump stat, so Cleric dip and Arcane Disciple probably won't work (also, next feat is already locked in to Dragonfire Inspiration).

...what Summoned monsters (if any) get access to any of the above spells? Unicorn gets Neutralize Poison, from memory.

Venger
2015-06-18, 08:34 PM
All excellent info, thanks.

Good pickup on Neutralize Poison - can't believe I've missed that.

I can throw Lesser Restoration and Remove Paralysis on to an Eternal Wand or custom Runestaff (although the staff would require UMD).

Character is already 7th, so Savage or Divine Bard isn't really an option.

Wis is a dump stat, so Cleric dip and Arcane Disciple probably won't work (also, next feat is already locked in to Dragonfire Inspiration).

...what Summoned monsters (if any) get access to any of the above spells? Unicorn gets Neutralize Poison, from memory.

viscount really knows his stuff.

ok, that's useful to know.

when we're talking summons, bookmark binder's spellbook/summon list (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9094.0) and love it.

you can find something to deal with all the spells you're looking for. while you may not be able to find specifically remove paralysis, you can find blanket spells like heal and such on here.

atemu1234
2015-06-19, 12:26 AM
viscount really knows his stuff.

ok, that's useful to know.

when we're talking summons, bookmark binder's spellbook/summon list (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9094.0) and love it.

you can find something to deal with all the spells you're looking for. while you may not be able to find specifically remove paralysis, you can find blanket spells like heal and such on here.

We need like a Forum Compendium with all these links to handbooks. But I'm to lazy to...

Thurbane
2015-06-19, 02:18 AM
We need like a Forum Compendium with all these links to handbooks. But I'm to lazy to...

I might tackle it at some point.

nedz
2015-06-19, 08:00 AM
That's excellent, but is there one for SNA ?

Sounds like another handbook — anyone feel the urge ?

Hiro Quester
2015-06-19, 08:15 AM
That's excellent, but is there one for SNA ?

There's the summoner's desk reference (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=13865621&postcount=4)